• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Discs you used to bag and love, but then you switched and found a new love ;)

I decided to switch from mostly max weight to lightweight discs. For various reasons I was forced to switch out some of my favorite molds. I now prefer their once considered temporary replacements

Buzzz --> Truth
Eagle --> Ascent ( RIP ) --> Teebird
Boss --> Giant
Summit --> Magic
Vulcan --> Mamba

To each his own and all but.. this made me cringe a little :eek:

I can feel your pain. The TB was the first driver I ever learned to throw well. But after falling in love with the stiff PFN star birds nothing came close and the feel of the plus rims on even the ones that weren't supposed to be and the higher domes and lower plh of the recent runs.

As well as the messing with the tb3 and TL3 that has been the norm at my local shops.

I got a fin stamped VIP Stag threw them both on every shot where I would throw a fairway and in the end the Stag was a better shot more often than the TB.

Never thought I would be without one, but I don't miss it.

Zone was replaced by Pigs and since I also carry a Gator, I have not looked back.

*BnM tries to compare flight of a bansheee to a buzz and then to a leopard... head explodes*

You play your game your way, I'll play mine my way. Throw what you like and I will do the same bud. I'm 6'4 and have really big hands so somethings are more comfortable to me then the are to others and vice versa.

Used to carry both a fresh DX Cobra and beat DX Cobra and now I have replaced the fresh one with a esp Meteor.

Dropped a Z Buzzz for a Champ Glow Roc3. Z Buzzz will always be a classic but I like the added stability of the Roc3 for when I need it.
Dropped my favorite disc ever, ESP FLX Challenger in favor of a Neutron Ion. I decided to retire my favorite disc before anything bad happened to it, and I figured I'd try an Ion since so many people clamored for them on here. I rocked the Neutron for a couple years before deciding on a softer plastic, and Plasma just happened to come out at that time. Yay Plasma! Has been good to me so far.

"Nothing can replace the stingray"

OMG...where to start....I dropped almost everything in my old bag and went to Legacy.

Aviars--->Clutch (2x)/Prowler(1x)
Z Zone------>NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE ZONE
Rocs----> Ghosts
Ontario Rocs---->Gauges
Champ Stingray-----> NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE STINGRAY
Banshee-------> S/A
Teebird----->Rival
Sidewinders----->Nemesis
Valks------>NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE VALK
Added the Outlaw (3x) and they all do different things (flippy, wind fighter, and overstable bomber)
Bolt----->NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE BOLT (super flippy hyzerflip bomber and roller)

Nothing can replace the stingray. AMEN

I'm a DG polygamist - because I love a new disc doesn't mean I stop loving the disc it replaced.

My bag is, shall we say, fluid.

I'm a DG polygamist - because I love a new disc doesn't mean I stop loving the disc it replaced.

My bag is, shall we say, fluid.

I feel the same way, especially about putters.

I am very happy with the Classic Blend Judge. Doesn't mean I'm not trying new putters. I am loving the Prodigy PA-4, too, especially the 400S Proto I used on the course today. And I'm wondering if I should try the PA-3. Then I'll take a Challenger, a McPro Aviar, a Warden, and the Nova out from time to time. Makes me appreciate the Judge all the more when I come back to it.

I'm also cycling an Axis, Tangent, Mako3 (Star and Champion plastics), Foxbat and Champion Pink Panther in my very fluid bag. Mako3 messes with me, then I watch a video of McBeth throwing them and say "I can do that!"... then go out and find out "not like McBeth, though".

And that's part of the fun of DG for me.

I feel the same way, especially about putters.

I am very happy with the Classic Blend Judge. Doesn't mean I'm not trying new putters. I am loving the Prodigy PA-4, too, especially the 400S Proto I used on the course today. And I'm wondering if I should try the PA-3. Then I'll take a Challenger, a McPro Aviar, a Warden, and the Nova out from time to time. Makes me appreciate the Judge all the more when I come back to it.

I'm also cycling an Axis, Tangent, Mako3 (Star and Champion plastics), Foxbat and Champion Pink Panther in my very fluid bag. Mako3 messes with me, then I watch a video of McBeth throwing them and say "I can do that!"... then go out and find out "not like McBeth, though".

And that's part of the fun of DG for me.

Right on - a big part for me.

KC Aviars were my putting/driving putter for a long time. I switched to the Discmania P1x and haven't looked back. For me, they are a superior driving putter, but I still carry a Rhyno for shots that need a little fade. My putting has improved so much with these fitting my style so much better.

A few for me

Lots of trilogy kicking out old classics.
Teebird-river
Aviar-judge-shield
Whippet-dd theif
Wraith-sampo
Orc-gold Saint

Now just to find replacements for
Tern
Boss
Destroyer
Meteor
Roc3
Flick
Ghost

PD to Eagle-X. I may go back. The EX is a little slower but I can get it out just as far as the PD with a tad more height.

Latest posts