• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Discs you've been saving for spring

During the winter I don't use my main bag. I use a smaller bag composed of spares. My goal during the winter is to season some of my spares just in case god forbid I lose a disc or two from my main bag. This winter I attempted to roughed up KC aviars, rocs, and eagles. Ohio had a bad winter so I didn't go out much. I am dangerously low on seasoned eagles :( Luckily I have a concrete core course 3 minutes away from my house for accelerated seasoning.

I have a Starlite Mamba, a Champion Mamba, and a Blizzard Katana that I busted out today. Not disappointed in any thus far and it was windy to boot. This is the year that I start throwing distance drivers.

no discs have been spared the wrath of the icy deep.

it has filtered out the weak ones from my bag. hence why i throw OLFs now instead of the PD. not a single PD that i owned during the fall made it to spring.

I did throw a bunch of unfamiliar discs yesterday and today. Conditions today were p e r f e c t!

Loved the Volt and the Hatchet.

Really liked the Amp, Escape.

Liked the Northman, Jade(the one I was really looking forward to)..

The star of the show for me today though was the Starlite Valk - I threw it a few times last winter, but was able to realize its potential today, so easy to throw far and with control. I was overthrowing holes I don't usually even get pin high.

Hurray for spring!

I find in winter the footing on snow and ice forces me to disc down to compensate for the loss of lower body power. It also forces me into more standing rips and flicks, so the bag does change. I drop down a mold in a few places in my bag. Amp replaces River, Suspect replaces M1 and I throw a lot more mid in general. I look forward to actually driving again... but boning up on the control side is a consequential bonus.

When you live where it is cold, you go out in the cold. I've always lived in places where 4-5 months the weather sucks; you just throw in it. It makes you appreciate the summer.

BTW, the cold and snow really isn't the part that sucks. The crazy winds in winter is the worst.

Absolutely..... I played all winter long. I actually lose more discs in the summer than winter here because the only people out playing for 5 months out of the year are other club members. One lost in the snow is one I can usually count on getting back. I also find myself discing down just because i cannot use my lower body on the ice n snow. Some slip on cleats help, but..... its just not the same as a nice solid teepad.

I went all DX for the Winter except Judges and a Champion Cobra. I too have stocked up over the Winter.
New discs auditioning for the bag this Spring:
GStar: TL, Teebird, Valkyrie, Roc3 and Leopard
Glow and Star Cobra
Star Gazelle
Champion Viper
Champion Banshee

I'm sure there are more as the Winter depression seemed to have me buying something every week!

After finding the Patriot so much to my liking (kicked the Leopards out of my bag), I swore I was going to get some Bandits to test out when it got nice. Picked up two Icons this weekend, and plan to rock 'em this week.

Also have a Z Avenger SS to monkey around with.

Well:
Cryztal Zone
PD's
Escape/saint/fury
ROC's
Shark3
Ibex

Normally I'm all for winter golf but this one was brutal and there is a store on the way to work so well you get the point... lol expect a marketplace thread soon.

All my white discs
:thmbup:
I always look forward to adding my white discs back into my bag after winter. I wish a majority of my Rocs weren't white :\ It hate that most KC Rocs are white. Most of the KC Rocs that I run into that aren't white are tourney stamped.

The only disc Im looking forward to throwing is a preflight # Champion Leopard that I got in a trade. I have a stack of them but this one feels less slick than my other ones & its orange (most of mine are tie dye). I bought some other discs during the heavy snow months but they're just backups for my main molds (Destroyers, Teebirds, Rocs & KC Aviars). Im more excited about throwing off tee pads not covered in ice & having warm hands than anything else.

What? There was only snow on the ground for two days, what are you guys saving discs for? :p
But your whole state shut down for those two days... :p

Now that its warming up I'm getting to try out:

MVP Servo: I'm not sure on this one. I'm adding my Volt back in as well, and throwing it better than last year, so the Servo may end up being the odd man out.

MVP Switch: I'm liking this guy as a shorter compliment to my Valkyrie. The Amp has never really done much for me (I may have a freak one, because it's practically a Volt) so the Switch nice to have.

Legacy Mongoose: Loving this thing after one round! The course I played yesterday didn't have many shots requiring the lines this disc flies, but I can think of many places it will get used this summer.

Vibram VP Medium: This will replace my Firm VP for 10 months of the year at least. We'll see how it does in July and August, and it may be a year round companion.

In addition I get to dump my Ti Buzzz and Bells branded Hornet. In turn I'll add my glow Buzzz, white X Comet and white Tensor back into my bag. It'll be nice having my full compliment of mids back.

Latest posts