• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs

I gottcha ya, I was just curious bc I've tried both the eagle and the teebird. They were both kinda like eh apart, but maybe they were good in combo. I really liked the Eagle but I just never fell in love with it.

I gottcha ya, I was just curious bc I've tried both the eagle and the teebird. They were both kinda like eh apart, but maybe they were good in combo. I really liked the Eagle but I just never fell in love with it.

There's a hell of a lot of variation within each mold. I buy all my discs in person to make sure I get what I'm looking for. I like relatively flat Eagles with as small a dome as possible and a high PLH so they have a nice hard fade and good HSS. "Normal" Star Teebirds with a medium dome and regular PLH have the perfect mix of HSS and glide to make a good powered up long anhyzer disc for me that will hold a line for 80-90% of the flight and then tail a little bit at the end.

The Roc experiment has come to an end. I had fun throwing them but they're seasoning up pretty quickly and it just complicates things too much having to worry about crushing your go-to mid into trees and cycling them.

Back to a more "normal" setup for me. In decreasing order of stability by category...

Fast guys:
170 Star Destroyer
171 Champ Destroyer
170 ESP Nuke
171 Star Destroyer
167 X Nuke

Control drivers:
175 ESP Predator
175 S-PD
175 Star Eagle
170 Star Teebird
172 Champ Valkyrie - sacrificial hyzer flipper
171 Star Roadrunner - shots that just keep on turnin'

Mids:
179 FLX Drone
177 Ti Wasp - warmed up to the Wasp after dealing with Rocs for a while
175 CryZtal Buzzz
179 Z Comet
173 ESP Meteor - super flippy mid, back in the bag!

Short game:
172 KC Pro Aviar - putts
170/175 Yeti Aviars - general purpose
170 DX Classic Aviar - turnover driver, finesse approach, gliding straight putts

Carrying lots of molds I guess. The only area I'd really like to clean up is with the control drivers. However, the hyzer flip control driver is a disc that I've been historically prone to losing so it often rotates between my stock of flippy used drivers that I've found or accumulated through trade so I can throw with impunity on risky shots.

Not a whole lot has changed for the 2013 season, though I did pick up a couple new toys. Haven't been playing a lot this winter. Doing a lot of conditioning though and hoping for another good year of disc golf.

175 C PD2
175 Star Destroyer - lightly seasoned, long fader
175 Star Wraith - seasoned, does whatever
171/165 Champion Tern - trying 'em out as seasoned Destroyer/Nuke replacements
172 Champion Mamba

175 Z Predator
175 Champ Eagle-X - flat, beefy
175 Star Eagle-X - seasoned
175 Champ Teebird - seasoned, stable and straight
170 Star Teebird - lightly seasoned
170 Champ Leopard - seasoned
172 Champ Valkyrie - sacrificial hyzer flipper/roller
171 Echo Star Roadrunner - fliptastic

179 FLX Drone
180 Champ Roc3 - Feels great and seem to fly ok. We'll see if it sticks once the snow melts.
175 CryZtal Buzzz - seasoned
175 Z Comet
173 ESP Meteor - beat

175/170 KC Pro Aviar - fresh driver/well seasoned main putter
175 Yeti - general purpose
170 DX Aviar - beat, general purpose

I've been amazed with how many discs have come out in recent months. It's an interesting time for plastic addicts. I'm fairly attached to quite a few of my discs and would feel bad replacing them, so I haven't been compelled to try much DD/Latitude/Westside/Legacy/MVP/Prodigy yet. I see a growing number of signatures that feature bags that are entirely composed of these manufacturers though, and many photos of ridiculous sized collections of these discs, so they must be doing alright!

I'm kind of anticipating the Mako3. Really liked early Star Makos but lost the two I had picked up when they first came out and never replaced them. I had great success with my Comet last year though, so...:confused:. Makos are a fair bit more HSS than Comets but they're close enough that I probably wouldn't carry both. We'll see if I can convince myself to pick one up when they hit retailers...