• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discspeed's Bag

No ION?! :eek: lol.. you really notice the N. Anodes to be that much more stable? Haven't had a lot of time to mess with both only had proton until a few weeks back..

Jealous of all the MVP options! Just wish they had a distance driver.. I dropped swords for strikers this winter and played around with the lace but OS one should be better'

Would you like to see an OS MVP high speed driver?

I've noticed in general that domey Anodes seem to have a more pronounced LSS than flatter ones...whether P or N plastic.

I liked Ions originally because they were more or less beadless...So when they got big beads and the beadless Anode came out it seemed like a seamless transition.

Hell yeah I want to see an MVP distance driver! I'm really hoping for the next line of drivers to have rims in the 2.1-2.3cm range rather than closer to max width.

I feel you on the driver, would love to see something that flies like the FR shocks but longer. have yet to see a domey anode I guess but my N does seem to have a little more fade mostly was using it for putting until this winter, the soft ION's have been great for grip and in the blustery winds swirling cold around... this time last year one of our golf courses was open for DG and today we have about 12" of snow still to melt :( Are the new swords domey like the old blacks or flat again? that's why I went back to strikers bc GGGT only had flats and the strikers were getting dusty.. lol

When CDGS got their first Swords in I tested a cobalt blue, loved it, and grabbed like 6 or 7 identical run-brothers. I'm still on that first tester after almost 2 years...So I don't know much about the newer Swords.

I've finally settled on my MVP fairway lineup after a whole lot of testing.

172 red Amp--This is my most understable Amp (-3/1) and does the job of my turning fairway driver wonderfully. It also booms in tailwinds.

174 stormtrooper Amp--One step up in stability from my other Amp(-2/1.5) as well as being flatter. This disc reminds me of a good PPD. It has some turn, but overall wants to hyzer flip to straight and stay straight. It can take a good bit more power than my other Amp.

175 red Volt--If I could only carry one of these discs, this would be it. This is my workhorse driver as it flies great on straight shots with a mild finish. It also works S turns on shots at the lower end of it's range. I'd rate it's stability -1/2.

174 pink Shock--This disc is like a seasoned version of a really overstable disc. When underpowered it will act quite overstable (though still holding release angle for the first part of the flight), though when powered it gets good forward push and fades later. It may be the most versatile overstable disc I've used as it is very easy to manipulate with release angle into straightish and S turn shots. It's a good straight disc into the wind.

This is the tightest fairway lineup I've used as the discs flow seamlessly from one to the next yet have subtle and useful differences as well.

172 Soft Eclipse Anode--putt and approach (1yr in bag)
173 Soft Anode--driving, slightly understable due to abuse
172 Neutron Anode--driving, more stable than ^^^^

178 Neutron Tangent--straight to slightly understable mid
178 Proton Tangent--more HSS and LSS than Neutron for some different lines
178 Neutron Tensor--overstable, but one of the straighter Tensors...still no high speed turn

173 Neutron Amp--understable driver
173 Neutron Volt--slightly understable with nice fade
173 Proton Volt--no turn, but still long and fairly straight
173 N Shock--overstable driver

166 Star Tern--understable distance driver
166 Champ Tern--stable distance driver
174 VIP Giant--hyzer/wind distance driver
174 FR Opto Stiletto--fast and overstable, great for wind or open holes

Many other discs go in and out of the bag based on course/mood, but these are the ones I could take anywhere.

what about the tern(s) made you add them to the "anytime" bag? Obviously nice to have the stability differences in champ vs star with a single mold but flight wise what do you like about it?

Really been trying to find that "go-to" distance driver since only having a volt for months as my fastest disc other than OS wind driver before shock was in.

what about the tern(s) made you add them to the "anytime" bag? Obviously nice to have the stability differences in champ vs star with a single mold but flight wise what do you like about it?

Really been trying to find that "go-to" distance driver since only having a volt for months as my fastest disc other than OS wind driver before shock was in.

The Tern is fast, glides more than any other Innova distance driver, and has a stability that makes it very easy to get distance with. It also has enough stability to keep it from being too touchy. I have heavy ones I like too, but as pure D drivers the 166s bomb. My Champ 166 is as HSS(or a bit more) as any of my heavier ones as well.

I just put my N Vector back in...It's different enough from my other mids and just too darn useful to leave behind.

I've been testing a lot of new stuff this spring and I'm finally ready to post the latest evolution of my bag with some confidence that it won't change the next round I play.

172g Soft Eclipse Anodes--mostly putting and running the basket from range
172g Neutron Anode--traditional putter-driver lines
175g Neutron Envy--approaches and line drives, wind putting

177g Neutron Tangent--understable midrange(the disc is nicely seasoned)
178g Eclipse Tangent--very straight/slightly understable when powered
178g FR Vector--super beat, but still a tic more stability/fade/wind resistance than Tangent
176g Neutron Vector--seasoned, basically my Buzzz
178g FR Vector--I don't always carry an overstable mid, but when I do this is it

175g Neutron Switch--slow and slightly understable driver...very workable
174g Neutron Resistor--slowverstable driver, it has many duties

175g Neutron Volt--early Volt with some seasoning...very straight/workable
173g Eclipse Volt--still pretty newish for extra stability

175g Neutron Intertia--understable driver
173g Neutron Tesla--stable/overstable driver

Star & Champ Terns--maximum distance drivers

My Volts are still the workhorses of my drivers, so the rest of my driver setup takes that into account.

I have one 170 Alias...I can't compare it to another, but it feels like it has kind of a high overmold and as a result it is overstable for the mold. It doesn't fly different enough from my fresh/heavy Proton Tangents and my seasoned Vectors to consider adding to the bag.

Any comparisons of your Resistor to a lightweight gl XXX? Its my primary stable fh disc (I use Villian and Stilleto for bigger) and had been flicking my Servo for shots where I needed a slight straighter version of my beat 164 xxx. Would the Resistor be a good disc to beat in for those duties instead since the Servo should start losing some stability since its getting more and more bh duties lately. Thanks for any feedback, always enjoy your comments!

The only lighter XXXs I've thrown have been Opto. In general the XXX is faster and more speed stable than the Resistor, so the XXX is little harder to power down reliably. The flight line is a little different as well...My XXXs never wanted to ride flat. To get a shot that would go straightish and then fade I would have to release with a little anhyzer. The Resistor is more like a Banshee or a FB is that it likes to fly flat and straight and then fade. I prefer the Resistor type flight because I don't want to be releasing anhyzer into a headwind.

The only lighter XXXs I've thrown have been Opto. In general the XXX is faster and more speed stable than the Resistor, so the XXX is little harder to power down reliably. The flight line is a little different as well...My XXXs never wanted to ride flat. To get a shot that would go straightish and then fade I would have to release with a little anhyzer. The Resistor is more like a Banshee or a FB is that it likes to fly flat and straight and then fade. I prefer the Resistor type flight because I don't want to be releasing anhyzer into a headwind.

Perfect then. This particular gl XXX is board flat, worked in and flies for me exactly the way you described the Resistor. My opto XXX flies like yours did so I think I'll take the plunge on the Resistor now to back up my bagged discs. Thanks for the input!!

Latest posts