• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance honesty....honestly.

How honest are you really in claiming how far you can huck a disc online?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got no reason to lie about it, so I don't. I have a measuring wheel so I know that I can accurately talk about my distances.

I also have a wheel. If you run over rocks or sticks or ditches or holes or uneven ground of any sort it starts to get inaccurate pretty quickly. I've checked it against a tape measure and the wheel always measures long. Sometimes substantially. Like 30' on a 260' hole.

Interesting idea, but the wording of the poll is pretty dumb.

After playing football in college I can say for sure that embellishing the truth is not limited to disc golf or the internet. Everybody's bench press max is 10-20 pounds heavier everybody's 40 yd dash is a tenth of a second faster and they swear today is just an off day.

on an average day...
Distance: 350-375
Fairway: 320-350
Midrange: 280-320
Putter: 280 and under

on a good day...
Distance: 380-425
Fairway: 350-380
Midrange: 320-350
Putter: 320 and under

When I have the time to practice and remain somewhat consistent, I tend to fall in between these two.

I try to be, at least, honest with myself about it. Otherwise , how you going to know what drivers to purchase?

People here always say, "There's internet distance, and there's actual distance."

......requiring all gun owners to register their weapon(s) with the state. These things are only there to keep the honest people honest. Criminals and liars are going to do what they do and say what they say regardless of the "rules."

So you think folks should register all their guns with the state uh? :doh: Just to keep honest folks honest uh?

You are a slave.

This country is f u ***d.

Last edited:
Wind is a consideration here. I have thrown 300 feet a lot of times with just the right wind.
No wind and I am 260-280 and it seems I can throw my whole bag except putters and every disc ends up less than 30 feet from each other in that 270 range. And that makes me sad.

Had a guy in am world's who could throw 550+, and he and his buddy (on my card) kept bragging about it.

That's when i solidified my belief that distance means squat You are in the bottom 25%

I do my practice at baseball diamonds that have the distance posted. We have a wide variety of fields that all vary in distance. I prefer one that is 275'. I can hit the fence with most of my drivers and a some of the mids. I can get around 350' w/ my unLace, but it's designed for easy distance. Tern and Wahoo also crush. I'm working on my form so I expect it to increase somewhat. No need to embellish the truth. It is what it is.

My distances are 100% truthful, with a margin of error of 100'. :\

You are a slave.

This country is f u ***d.

I'm Stoney J and I APPROVE of this message.
Hard to have a country that's NOT f'ed up when the political cheerleaders of the central bank keep feeding the people sh!t sandwiches and claiming they're 100% Grade A beef. People get what people tolerate. It also helps when the populace has a collective IQ in the single digits.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.:D