• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do any pros putt with mvp putters?

Wolves are a 21.7 diameter mid with a beveled wing. They are super-duper flippy with almost negative glide. How you do that is a mystery to me; flippy almost always = good glide. The fact that they were able to make a super-duper flippy disc with no glide might be one of the great engineering feats of disc golf design. That it makes and absolutely useless golf disc is just an aside.

Basically if you put any power behind it, the thing turns and burns because it's so damned flippy. If you back off it, it dies due to the negative glide. So other than rolling it I can't get the damn thing to go anywhere. It's a really tricky little bitch to throw unless you are trying to roll it. Why it is advertised as good for beginners I'll never know.

lol....that was a pretty funny description. I'm tempted to go buy one just to witness this miracle of disc suck first hand.

lol....that was a pretty funny description. I'm tempted to go buy one just to witness this miracle of disc suck first hand.

The lack of glide can be look at as an advantage if you have trouble ranging mids with a lot of glide.

That's the only benefit I see anyway.

I bought a Wolf when it first came out and used it for some of the holes at our local Cold Brook Park course that's chock full of short, tight wooded holes. I can't remember why I didn't keep throwing it (lost? gave it away? who knows?), but I didn't go out and buy another one. When I want something flippy for short distances, I use a beaten-up old Soft Magnet or power down on a Stratus or Champ Stingray.

My buddy played Ultimate for years, and also fears change. So, he's refused to fully adapt his throw to DG. He used to swear by his Wolf, and still totes one.

Are you sure? I'm fairly certain he uses KC Aviars for putting.

I watched a putting video one time, I'm almost 100% sure it was Kyle Crabtree, and he was using Star Aviars. I only remember this because I was quite shocked.

I watched a putting video one time, I'm almost 100% sure it was Kyle Crabtree, and he was using Star Aviars. I only remember this because I was quite shocked.

This is probably easy to check. There was an interview with him in one of the last 3-4 DGer magazines, after he won the putting thing at USDGC. I'm pretty sure he says what he putts with, but I don't remember what he said.

Ok, I've played with him many times, and followed many other rounds. I'm gonna veto you and say he putts with KC aviars. :)

This is probably easy to check. There was an interview with him in one of the last 3-4 DGer magazines, after he won the putting thing at USDGC. I'm pretty sure he says what he putts with, but I don't remember what he said.

This is the one I'm talking about, but I'm not gonna put in the time to find it. I just know I saw a putting of a top pro who just won a putting championship and he said he was using Star Aviars because he liked the grip. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Latest posts