• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do any pros putt with mvp putters?

I don't remember anyone necessarily "hating" (what a stupid term) on MVP the company. I have heard many people expressing their dislike of their rabid fans, myself included. The incessant professing of how great MVP is in nearly every thread, related to MVP or not, is nauseating. For instance, just recently I recall a Teebird vs. Eagle thread, where the OP was only asking about the two discs, and on the first page or two I see a couple of these idiots proclaim "The Volt rules". Then you look in an MVP thread where they are discussing a new release and they are all posting about getting boners over their newest piece of plastic.......literally. Now, keep in mind not all of their fans are like this. It's just a select few, but they are the most noticeable and vocal. It's obnoxious.

:D:D

To the original Question -

No. Lots of lower level Open players like myself putt with MVP all over the country, but we are in the vast minority in the Open division. I try a delicate "fanboy" balance. I love their discs, but also recognize that there are many many wonderful discs out there. It all comes down to preference. I recently played 7-8 rounds in a row where I switched out my whole bag every round for fun. I shot nearly identical every round. I still prefer MVP, but I can shoot the same with anything else.

To the original Question -

No. Lots of lower level Open players like myself putt with MVP all over the country, but we are in the vast minority in the Open division. I try a delicate "fanboy" balance. I love their discs, but also recognize that there are many many wonderful discs out there. It all comes down to preference. I recently played 7-8 rounds in a row where I switched out my whole bag every round for fun. I shot nearly identical every round. I still prefer MVP, but I can shoot the same with anything else.

Sounds like someone "gets it". Throw what you want and who cares what others are throwing. You can learn any disc eventually or your level of play can grow into it.

I have just started to use my sweet lightsaber dyed (by BigManBailye) Anode putter and like it. Haven't noticed any bounce outs or other problems I read about here but, I dont throw my putts hard. I am still learning this one.

On a side note I just bought a Volt and my first impression is I dont like it yet. I have not thrown it enough yet to be comfortable with it. I let my son throw it and this might end up in his bag....He looked like he had been behind this one for a while... he made the old man look bad!

I think a lot of people troll on the internet (especially forums) because they feel safe behind the anonymity they are afforded and know that they can say whatever they want behind the guise that they have created for themselves. Also the line between serious and sarcastic becomes blurred so the majority of posts are trolls and no one can tell the difference.

Can't we all just get along?

Go hug a tree! :)

Wizards are the greatest! That is the right answer BTW!

Yeah, but MVP does make some legit discs. However, I don't ever want to buy them just based on the fans behavior on DGCR.

I've thrown a handful of MVP, I thought they were okay. Agree with above post. I won't purchase anymore because of the attitude I gotta bring with owning those bad boys.

Not positive, but I don't know any pro that putts with a premium plastic putter. From any manufacturer. Throw with them, maybe.

I have just started to use my sweet lightsaber dyed (by BigManBailye) Anode putter and like it. Haven't noticed any bounce outs or other problems I read about here but, I dont throw my putts hard. I am still learning this one.

You never know what your missing out until you try new discs :D

If someone can throw a Wolf 380' on flat ground, no rolling, I'd like to see it. That's like winning Formula 1 with a VW bug.

Gotcha.....I will say a local guy that does nice dyes likes to use ions for his work. Didn't mean to start a ripfest. Putt with what works for you. I've seen all brands bounce off the pole. Forums....gotta love em!

Putt with what works for you.

No-meme.jpg

Not positive, but I don't know any pro that putts with a premium plastic putter. From any manufacturer. Throw with them, maybe.

Next year all the guys from Prodigy are going to full Prodigy bags. So you'll get to see essentially 50%+ of the top 20 in the world throwing premium putters.

If someone can throw a Wolf 380' on flat ground, no rolling, I'd like to see it. That's like winning Formula 1 with a VW bug.

I've never thrown a Wolf. Aren't they just a small diameter lid? I've thrown a Zepher 400'. A Wolf can't be much harder to throw than a Zepher.

Kyle Crabtree, one of the best putters out there, putts with Star Aviars.

This thread is still going? It's just sad you trolls have nothing better to do.

You really make it tough to get anything of value from a given thread, people have to sift through all of your bull****.

Prodigy premium plastic feels grippy enough to use as a main putter, but I still think the prodigy pros will gravitate towards the base plastic putters.

I've never thrown a Wolf. Aren't they just a small diameter lid? I've thrown a Zepher 400'. A Wolf can't be much harder to throw than a Zepher.
Wolves are a 21.7 diameter mid with a beveled wing. They are super-duper flippy with almost negative glide. How you do that is a mystery to me; flippy almost always = good glide. The fact that they were able to make a super-duper flippy disc with no glide might be one of the great engineering feats of disc golf design. That it makes and absolutely useless golf disc is just an aside.

Basically if you put any power behind it, the thing turns and burns because it's so damned flippy. If you back off it, it dies due to the negative glide. So other than rolling it I can't get the damn thing to go anywhere. It's a really tricky little bitch to throw unless you are trying to roll it. Why it is advertised as good for beginners I'll never know.

Zephyrs are super cool easy to throw big lids with great glide. Wolves? They are the anti-Zephyr. Glideless hunks of no fun at all.

Latest posts