• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do any pros putt with mvp putters?

To me MVP reminds me a lot of those late night golf infromercials....

You know people use it and buy that crap. Yet, do you see a chipper on the PGA Tour?

Since most pros have been playing well before mvp even started, this is a bad analogy. Mvp is just fine, but it will never be the be all to end all of dg. And they at the time apparently have no aspirations of compiling a pro team.

The entire prodigy squad switched discs, as well as the beard, and they have done pretty well considering. If they all switched to mvp it'd be the same thing. Discs are discs, learn them and use them.

For me lately, MVP discs are like the Innova Wolf. As soon as I see somebody with one, I automatically assume they are a noob.

Yeah, but MVP does make some legit discs. However, I don't ever want to buy them just based on the fans behavior on DGCR.

If I were to buy discs based on how a minority of fans of that manufacturer behave on an internet forum then I wouldn't be able to play disc golf at all.

If I were to buy discs based on how a minority of fans of that manufacturer behave on an internet forum then I wouldn't be able to play disc golf at all.

That is a very valid point, to which I have no rebuttal.

It would seem though that the high level of douchiness from the relatively small number of MVP fans trumps that of other manufacturers though. I haven't seen any Westside, DD, Discraft, ABC, etc fans talking about getting a boner over a new release, or bowing sexually for their beloved frisbee maker. That is a new level of weird for DGCR.

No joke. There are a lot of people on here who worship Mike C (no offense Mike, you're pretty darn good), but even he has started to phase non MVP discs into his bag because MVP is limited to what they can do stability-wise.

Hah, none taken, but I've thrown a mixed bag since before MVP existed and have no plans to stop. Also I've been phasing discs other brands discs out as they release new molds so I'm actually doing the opposite. They don't have anything that competes with a XXX, F2, Quasar or D1-4, but they booted my OLF's, JLS's, Rocs, Comets, Wizards, Roadrunner, and Zones.

and lol at thread.

I think a lot of people troll on the internet (especially forums) because they feel safe behind the anonymity they are afforded and know that they can say whatever they want behind the guise that they have created for themselves. Also the line between serious and sarcastic becomes blurred so the majority of posts are trolls and no one can tell the difference.

Can't we all just get along?

Latest posts