• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do any pros putt with mvp putters?

My son was there that year, he talked about how this guy putted like that. Crazy.........

I can see doing that in high winds when it's often much more effective than using a traditional putter. To do it all the time though? :eek:

All I want to say is that junior high is the same thing as middle school.

Also I've never seen a top pro putt with MVP. I'm sure they could. I'm sure they could also bomb them off the tee. Someday a touring pro will throw MVP and everyone can get their validation.

1. It doesn't really matter what pros use because they're either getting paid to use the discs they do, or want to get paid by companies that sponsor.

2. It's true that most seasoned players picked their putters before MVP even existed. Most really good players aren't trying every new disc that comes on the market.

3. The argument that Prodigy players weren't throwing MVP isn't a good one. Remember, they're wiping stamps and even hot stamping other discs with Prodigy logos. You can't do that with MVP discs; they're too recognizable.

4. MVP discs catch chains and bounce off poles just as well as anything else. I've seen many Wizards bounce off the pole, but there's no reason to blame the disc for that. You threw it too hard and high if you're bouncing off of the pole.

Prediction: this post will be buried under a mountain of childishness.

1. It doesn't really matter what pros use because they're either getting paid to use the discs they do, or want to get paid by companies that sponsor.

2. It's true that most seasoned players picked their putters before MVP even existed. Most really good players aren't trying every new disc that comes on the market.

3. The argument that Prodigy players weren't throwing MVP isn't a good one. Remember, they're wiping stamps and even hot stamping other discs with Prodigy logos. You can't do that with MVP discs; they're too recognizable.

4. MVP discs catch chains and bounce off poles just as well as anything else. I've seen many Wizards bounce off the pole, but there's no reason to blame the disc for that. You threw it too hard and high if you're bouncing off of the pole.

Prediction: this post will be buried under a mountain of childishness.

:thmbup:

I throw MPV putters off the tee and as my putters. I've not experienced any extra bounce-outs or strange behavior from them. What I do notice is that I can bomb them almost as far as my Rocs.

Could I probably throw just as far with Wizards or KC Aviars? Probably. But my personal preference is the Ion. :)

:thmbup:

I throw MPV putters off the tee and as my putters. I've not experienced any extra bounce-outs or strange behavior from them. What I do notice is that I can bomb them almost as far as my Rocs.

Could I probably throw just as far with Wizards or KC Aviars? Probably. But my personal preference is the Ion. :)

I switched from Wizards because I wanted a premium plastic putter for driving, and wanted to use the same disc for putting too. When I first got them, I did not like the Ion, and shelved it in favor of the Wizard. After some field work head to head battles between the two molds, the Ion won. I slowly started putting with it, and now I don't want to putt with anything other than my N Ion.

When I try to putt with Wizards now, they feel strange and it puts me off my game. I still kept my old Wizards though, just in case I want to throw them again, but really it's just for old time's sake.

The ****ty thing is, trying to compare these discs to champion or star plastic.

They're simply not. I would put their quality on par with Prodigy's plastic, which I love.

Seems to be a lot of bandwagon hate going on around here from people who feel threatened by new companies showing up and feeling like maybe they're missing out on something. But they're afraid to switch over. So they hate.

The ****ty thing is, trying to compare these discs to champion or star plastic.

They're simply not. I would put their quality on par with Prodigy's plastic, which I love.

Seems to be a lot of bandwagon hate going on around here from people who feel threatened by new companies showing up and feeling like maybe they're missing out on something. But they're afraid to switch over. So they hate.

Yes it is strange, isn't it? The manufacturing side of disc golf is exploding, with better plastic and a huge variety of great molds, and internet disc golfers are acting like they're battling it out for supremacy in the Twilight universe.

With all these great new discs coming from new companies like MVP, Prodigy, Westside, and DD, I don't see what there is to get upset about. And the new companies are pushing the old: Jolly Launcher is awesome, and a lot of people like the Atlas it seems, and I really have to think those things are Innova's response to some of the new stuff happening in the market. As consumers, there's nothing but a net gain here for us.

Of course there's something about psychology sometimes that makes people want to face off against each other, and those people tend to spend a lot more energy whining or trolling on the internet while I'm out on the course. But in reality, this is a great time to be building a disc golf bag and it's only getting better.

No. /thread

Oh wait, trolls need to keep trolling using biased information, ignorant statements, and rediculous hypotheticals.

Yes it is strange, isn't it? The manufacturing side of disc golf is exploding, with better plastic and a huge variety of great molds, and internet disc golfers are acting like they're battling it out for supremacy in the Twilight universe.

With all these great new discs coming from new companies like MVP, Prodigy, Westside, and DD, I don't see what there is to get upset about. And the new companies are pushing the old: Jolly Launcher is awesome, and a lot of people like the Atlas it seems, and I really have to think those things are Innova's response to some of the new stuff happening in the market. As consumers, there's nothing but a net gain here for us.

Of course there's something about psychology sometimes that makes people want to face off against each other, and those people tend to spend a lot more energy whining or trolling on the internet while I'm out on the course. But in reality, this is a great time to be building a disc golf bag and it's only getting better.

This is great stuff.

Who is "they"?

Who is "they"?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not part of they. I tried the whole MVP thing...the mids and fairways were okay. I thought the putters were horrible. I highly doubt not having time to try new things is the reason pros aren't throwing MVP. If MVP was truly better than the rest, don't you think top pros would want to be all over that?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not part of they. I tried the whole MVP thing...the mids and fairways were okay. I thought the putters were horrible. I highly doubt not having time to try new things is the reason pros aren't throwing MVP. If MVP was truly better than the rest, don't you think top pros would want to be all over that?

:hfive: Common sense isn't viewed highly here on DGCR

:hfive: Common sense isn't viewed highly here on DGCR

No joke. There are a lot of people on here who worship Mike C (no offense Mike, you're pretty darn good), but even he has started to phase non MVP discs into his bag because MVP is limited to what they can do stability-wise.

I don't remember anyone necessarily "hating" (what a stupid term) on MVP the company. I have heard many people expressing their dislike of their rabid fans, myself included. The incessant professing of how great MVP is in nearly every thread, related to MVP or not, is nauseating. For instance, just recently I recall a Teebird vs. Eagle thread, where the OP was only asking about the two discs, and on the first page or two I see a couple of these idiots proclaim "The Volt rules". Then you look in an MVP thread where they are discussing a new release and they are all posting about getting boners over their newest piece of plastic.......literally. Now, keep in mind not all of their fans are like this. It's just a select few, but they are the most noticeable and vocal. It's obnoxious.

I don't remember anyone necessarily "hating" (what a stupid term) on MVP the company. I have heard many people expressing their dislike of their rabid fans, myself included. The incessant professing of how great MVP is in nearly every thread, related to MVP or not, is nauseating. For instance, just recently I recall a Teebird vs. Eagle thread, where the OP was only asking about the two discs, and on the first page or two I see a couple of these idiots proclaim "The Volt rules". Then you look in an MVP thread where they are discussing a new release and they are all posting about getting boners over their newest piece of plastic.......literally. Now, keep in mind not all of their fans are like this. It's just a select few, but they are the most noticeable and vocal. It's obnoxious.

:hfive:

To me MVP reminds me a lot of those late night golf infromercials....

You know people use it and buy that crap. Yet, do you see a chipper on the PGA Tour?

To me MVP reminds me a lot of those late night golf infromercials....

You know people use it and buy that crap. Yet, do you see a chipper on the PGA Tour?

Yeah, but MVP does make some legit discs. However, I don't ever want to buy them just based on the fans behavior on DGCR.

Latest posts