• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

do you only use certain color discs?

worthdan

Birdie Member
for drivers and mids i really don't have a preference on color, but for some reason i only use pink putters. no idea why, i just like pink putters. my wife sometimes makes fun of me b/c her putter is more manly than mine :lol:

Lets just say that all my putters are white :wink: any other disc can be as bright as they come but when i line up my putt weird colors confuse my simple mind

They all gotta be Blue or white first, yellow if need be and orange as a last resort, never red. I won't even carry a red disc in my bag.

makes no real difference. I might cotton onto a specific color in a specific mold (like I love my sea foam green E warlock), but I have white ones for backups.

I use colors more for how they fly - I believe it's been rumored enough to be true that the red discs are the most overstable of a mold, so if I want the same disc in it's most overstable form, I'll get a red one.

Other than that, it's whatever strikes my mood.

My discs are mostly bright green (champion plastic), and red. I try to get the same mold in the same color. My fairway driver, and putter are both red. My main driver and flick driver are green. I don't like white discs much, but seem to wind up with a lot of them. hmph.

Color is the last of my priorities but with all else being equal I will go for something with high visibility. Also I like to have a variety so I don't accidentally grab the wrong disc.

I get them as bright as I can, usually neon yellow or orange. I need all the help I can get when I shank them into the woods and have to go looking for them :lol:

Usually Red(star drivers) and white(KC mids and champ drivers). Black or white for putters.

i avoid red, orange, yellow, green, and black. all those get lost too easily for me.

i prefer blue, purple, and pink, and will settle for white.

No, I don't. I have the United States flag in my bag. 2 Red, 2 white, and 2 Blue. My friend just gave me a yellow putter so I might have to take the above statement back.

Here's the post, I know a guy that has like all red discs in his bag. I'm
guessing his bag holds about 20-22 discs and they are all red. I
thought it was crazy when I saw it.

black udder said:
I use colors more for how they fly - I believe it's been rumored enough to be true that the red discs are the most overstable of a mold,

I've got a few red Star Cro's that are LESS stable than my star Cro's in other colors. So that doesn't hold true.

I like pink and orange because they show up in the woods. I also carry blue, white, and red, though. I try to avoid earth colors and tie-dye. Tie-dye might as well be camouflage.

When I look at my stacks of discs I see lots of white, yellow, and fluorescent green. I wish all mine were hunter's orange or (even better) that obnoxiously bright fluorescent pink.

I like all orange, but a few key blue disc pickups, combined with the onset of fall and I've decided I'm going to outfit my bag to all blue discs. Then, come summer, I can keep a mixed bag. With my two white jk aviars it'll make a great Broncos setup. 8)

I have all colors except purple. I would throw some purple discs if I could find them.

For me, red is the hardest to see. I will often walk right past my red discs, which makes no sense. Red is the opposite of green, so it should be easy to see. Red is also hard to find when I shank a shot into the woods.

Transparent yellow can be troublesome if the disc is up in a tree.

Blue discs are the easiest for me to spot, I'm sure purple would be as well.

I learned a very important lesson about dyed green discs this summer. I've since decided to stick to Orange and florescent green. Bright red is usually OK, too.

Tie-dye discs are the worst to find. I like to get orange yellow red pink and white discs in no particular order.

Latest posts