• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Don't bid on this disc

I feel like he'd be the kind of dude that would offer it to you if you just approached him and wanted to give it back.

Otherwise, I don't see how the eBay seller is a "thief" given that it wouldn't be worthy of small claims or worth it to EMac to file a report for it. Nonetheless I do believe it's right to return a lost disc to the owner, especially if they're a pro. If anything, the seller is morally jaded.

Not the case. He isn't that kind of guy. There's more behind the story than this one disc. He is notorious for never calling people and going straight to eBay. Plus, ebay's policies say they won't tolerate people selling stolen items, which is why the listing was taken down. He was illegally fishing for discs in the lake at Winthrop.

This guy is well known in Charlotte for doing this. It's how he makes a living...which is what he told me when he wanted $5 for my disc that he easily found.

I'm not defending the guy, but it seems to be at least a partially grey area: how is it "stealing" when the disc is lost?

Trespassing, sure, if he's not allowed to be in the lake. Stealing? I don't know.

I'm good with "making every effort to return a disc to the owner." We do it with lost clubs in golf, too - at the very least turning them into the pro shop.

iacas said:
I'm not defending the guy, but it seems to be at least a partially grey area: how is it "stealing" when the disc is lost?

Trespassing, sure, if he's not allowed to be in the lake. Stealing? I don't know.

I'm good with "making every effort to return a disc to the owner." We do it with lost clubs in golf, too - at the very least turning them into the pro shop.

How does one lose a club in golf? Get mad and throw it into the lake? :lol:

There are seven seals that secure the book that Frank Delicious saw in his Revelation of Blake T. The opening of each seal triggers a terrible event, and the opening of the seventh seal ushers in the Apocalypse (i.e., DGR's complete & total metamorphosis into DGCR). The first four seals are already cracked, each releasing one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse (prerube, T.Hizzle, Working Stiff, JR). The last several posts on this thread mark the breaching of the fifth seal…

Ray, I think you need to get out of your head sometime and breathe in that fresh air.

the dgcr version of this thread is close to terminal velocity. it has reached legal debate and is moving rapidly into shitty analogies.

Fightingthetide said:
How does one lose a club in golf? Get mad and throw it into the lake? :lol:
People sometimes chip with a wedge or something and then forget it on the side of the green after they putt out and drive or walk to the next hole (less common among walkers).

It's not a debate. He got arrested and will probably be charged for trespassing. Haha, anyway, not trying to get this thread moving in the wrong direction...sorry about that.

Let me preface this by saying when I find plastic that has a name/number on it, I will call the person about it. But, why do people think that they should automatically get their disc back that somebody else found?

Some folks wear the rose-colored glasses of not thinking that people in general - and fellow disc golfers in particular - are fucking cocks. They are, of course, mistaken.

BLURR said:
Let me preface this by saying when I find plastic that has a name/number on it, I will call the person about it. But, why do people think that they should automatically get their disc back that somebody else found?

At least in finland we have a law that everything found are still property of the one who lost em. There is a law as well that dictates a minimum finder's fee of 4€ or 10% of the object's value with some limitations regarding the place it was found from. So basically you're committing a crime when you find something and keep it here in finland.

And are you sure you didn't want to say "rephrase" instead of preface? :p

veganray said:
Some folks wear the rose-colored glasses of not thinking that people in general - and fellow disc golfers in particular - are fucking cocks. They are, of course, mistaken.

These are probably the same people that think that everybody should get a ribbon or trophy or medal for just participating.

BLURR said:
veganray said:

These are probably the same people that think that everybody should get a ribbon or trophy or medal for just participating.
I'm quite sure a Venn diagram of those two subsets of people would show significant overlap.