• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Double G: Double the Goodness

HyzerUniBomber

* Ace Member *

attachment.php

attachment.php

Manna from the disc gods. Fantastic overhead views of GG going full bore.

Notes: Clearly dropping the inside wing to keep the arc closer to the chest. Phenomenal control of the outside edge to the absolute max levels of the pocket.

Front side compresses and presses out through the extension. Clearly that is really hard to do, but he does it full power and with perfect timing.

Shoulders: woah, talk about closed shoulders.

I feel like a fan-boy, but this is why he out-throws the field and with a smaller stature.

Attachments

• highlight.jpg
    highlight.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 409
  • photoOnly.jpg
    photoOnly.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 402
I thought his left hip was supposed to be firing and swinging around the front instead of being braced up behind it :confused:

Amazing to see how much power he generates with his lower body. His legs must be incredibly strong to withstand the torque he puts on his legs. Very fun to watch the disc in flight. btw, some of those throws looked like foot faults, lol.

Firing because it was pulled taut and stretched muscles want to return on their own volition.
POIBR0H.png

Nk4iq6R.png

The last pic of you is so good for showing the torque and tension! Well done! I would however make the cyan line curl around your body (anterior sling) leading back to the left shoulder, mirroring the magenta line.

The last pic of you is so good for showing the torque and tension! Well done! I would however make the cyan line curl around your body (anterior sling) leading back to the left shoulder, mirroring the magenta line.
Cyan is the lateral sling.

Cyan is the lateral sling.

Ok, I see. I would like to think that the swing is more heavily dependent on the posterior and anterior sling working together like a spiral around the pivot. Basically the same thing, but going across the thorax and anchoring on the opposite shoulder.

Front leg wrapping around the pivot to back shoulder.
Back leg wrapping around to the front shoulder.
What do you think?

More this:
38_lateral_swing.png

Less this:
dumbbell-side-bend-exercise-illustration.jpg

I was mostly poking fun at the s&t theory of the hips fwiw

Oh... sorry, my mistake. I don't really understand the concept of bracing you see. That's what got me confused. I like to use the word "stopping" instead, which makes more sense to me. Besides, the hips aren't even that important. It's the left knee that is the motor behind the throw. ;)

Oh... sorry, my mistake. I don't really understand the concept of bracing you see. That's what got me confused. I like to use the word "stopping" instead, which makes more sense to me. Besides, the hips aren't even that important. It's the left knee that is the motor behind the throw. ;)

Haha you're good man!
The brace is something that you've felt before but just didn't know. Running, walking, kicking a ball, playing cornhole, etc are all things I've related it to and all use the brace. It's just a matter of removing all unnecessary motions from it and training your body to find the braced up feeling, and using that to propel the disc. Think of it as a one-legged deadlift, with the power of the "deadlift" being used to pull the arm taught and targetward, slinging your upper body around your brace and propelling it towards your target.

I have caddied for double G a few times.

If you have never seen him throw in real life, its hard to process. He is an incredibly normal sized dude, with various amounts of gut over the years. He isnt lanky, he does not have large mcbeth hands. He is incredibly athletic though, dude backflips.

If you watch GG throw, and Drew Gibson throw, it would `feel` like Drew throws 100's of feet passed GG. Drew absolutely explodes. His throw is a rocket. Then GG has this sort of.. it `looks` slow in person. I have no idea how to measure it, but GG has to have the largest smash factor in disc golf history.

People also do not give him enough credit for just how amazing his backhand is. He bombs, yes, but give that dude a roc and put him in the woods, you will still just have your jaw on the floor.