• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Doubles Shootout Rules

jace

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I am playing in my first tournament on May 9, 2009. It is a doubles shootout - where can I find rules on how this will be played? Is there a standard set of rules for tournament play somewhere I can find that may explain it?

I am playing in my first tournament on May 9, 2009. It is a doubles shootout - where can I find rules on how this will be played? Is there a standard set of rules for tournament play somewhere I can find that may explain it?

I would like to know myself. I am still confused about the rules

Probably depends on how the TDs want to run it. Do you know if it is 'best shot' or alternate shot' ?

yeah if its best shot..you both throw and choose the best lie and both throw from that spot until you make it to the basket...if its alternate shot you take turns driving approaching and putting I believe

I will call and find out. My wife has agreed to play with me, so it might be my shot every time...... it's a fund raiser on a private course I would never get to play otherwise! I can't lose any way I look at it :D

If it is traditional captain's choice (most popular style), both of you tee off. You then get to choose which drive you want to take, then you both throw from that lie. This continues until the hole is played out, both of you play from the lie that you choose. The other styles that are common in doubles, alternating shot, which is just that. You choose which person first tees off at the beginning of the round. After that person tees, his/her partner makes the next shot, then the next shot is taken by the person who teed off, etc...until the hole is played out. However, it does not start over after each hole, it is literally alternating through the entire round. The other style that is often played is called best score. Each person plays like they are in a singles tournament, but the best score is used for each hole. For instance player 1 takes a 3 on hole 5, player 2 takes a 5. Then the best score is a 3 and that is what the team gets to use. Hope this helps with a few questions. Doubles is a LOT of fun, hope you enjoy your time!!!

Latest posts