• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

doubles tourney advice

I have my own tourney question advice. I always have one bad round and one good round that average right around my rating like this last weekend it was a 919 and a 987 and my rating is 957 right now. I know I am good enough to shoot that good round both rounds, but do any of you have any advice on how to string those two rounds together?

rusch_bag said:
I have my own tourney question advice. I always have one bad round and one good round that average right around my rating like this last weekend it was a 919 and a 987 and my rating is 957 right now. I know I am good enough to shoot that good round both rounds, but do any of you have any advice on how to string those two rounds together?

Stop throwing bad shots. :lol:

No seriously, your problem is consistency. So figure out which kinds of shots or which situations are causing your problems and focus on those.

Recognizing your own strengths and weaknesses is something you must learn to do then force yourself to do. Frankly, without bias or sympathy, analyze which factors work for you and against you, then demand better. Because if you don't demand better then you will continue to get what you are getting.

I would guess your closest competitors already know. If you are not sure then ask them.

longneck said:

nvm???

not very much?

nose voluminously mucus-y?

nevermind? (if so, then odd way to start a discussion)

nevermore? (raven-talk)

nice, vigorous massage?

neurotically virtuous man?

notoriously vague meaning?

nifty visual malignancy?

No Vuvuzelas, i Mean it?

Mark Ellis said:
longneck said:

nvm???

not very much?

nevermore? (raven-talk)

nice, vigorous massage?

nifty visual malignancy?

No Vuvuzelas, i Mean it?

Nevermind.

Mark Ellis said:
longneck said:

nvm???

not very much?

nevermore? (raven-talk)

nice, vigorous massage?

nifty visual malignancy?

No Vuvuzelas, i Mean it?

I think the last one is my favorite.

rusch_bag said:

these are 3 things to recognize since you may still get tournament jitters either severe or mild:

1. Not being aggressive enough - which is an issue if you are playing way too conservative which is good for getting minimal bogies, but often leaves you to getting minimal birdies as well.

2. Being too aggressive - which is an issue if you are trying to duece or die which causes you to generally get a decent amount of birdies, but the bogies can start racking up and you can be so aggressive to the point where you forget to aim.

3. Not knowing when to be aggressive and when to be conservative - the key is to find the balance between these two. if the danger is too great, concentrate on utilizing your skills against other players (throwing over the top, threading, etc.) and use those shots, or wait for that other person to screw up, and lay up and take a stroke off, or keep your stroke if you are ahead. also beware of the other guys pushing as well.

Latest posts