• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

driving grips what do you use?

mickas1

Eagle Member
i've just been curious about what everyone uses in certain situations, when i drive with a driver or mid range i use the power grip, but when i drive with a putter i use a controlled grip with my index finger on the rim and my other fingers curled under, if i'm really looking for more distance with the putter on a drive i might use a power grip

when i putt and approach i always use a fan grip

i just wanted to know how you guys went about changing grips for diferent shots

I use a Modified Power Grip for 80% of my driver drives and a Fork Grip for the other 20%

Modified Power Grip for Drives (Feldberg)

Fork for fairway and midrange (Occasionally)

Modified Fan for putts (Blake's style)

sunspot said:
Modified Fan for putts (Blake's style)

Which grip is this? Don't see any modified fan grip on http://discgolfreview.com/resources/articles/gripittoripit.shtml

It's listed as a fan grip. I call it modified because in a traditional fan grip (from my understanding) all the fingers are underneath on the plate of the disc. Blake's "fan" grip has two fingers on the plate (middle and ring) and two on the rim (index and pinky).

Backhand drives: 3 finger power grip
Sidearm drives: 2 finger power stack
Midrange: i usually use one of the above, but a little more fanned out cuz of the disc i use.
Putting: Fan Grip.

Right now, power grip for anything that isn't an approach or putt. I want to make sure I'm doing that right before I mess with different grips.

3 finger grip for drives and control grip for most mid range and putts.

n00bler over here. My technique is piss but every time I try something new it results in serious fail.

power grip for most far drives
climo power grip for accurate drives with eagle
3 finger fork grip for my roc and gator (drives or otherwise)
fan grip P&A

driving n fairway shots i use a power grip. if i'm using a mid-range i "throwin" a putter i use a control grip. i think that's what it's called, index on rim other 3 "power" stance. just can't grip em w a power grip. puttin it a fan grip w index on rim.