• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DUDE Clothing

^What Bill said.

Also, (and I could very well be in a very minority camp here) I like for my long sleeves to be nice and tighter fitting, especially around the cuffs. Nothing distracts me more than a sleeve that swallows my hand every time I throw.

For me it is comfort > price >>>>>>>looks (as long as it doesn't look ridiculous).

For me it is comfort > price >>>>>>>looks (as long as it doesn't look ridiculous).

I know how you feel... who needs their clothes to make them look ridiculous when they can just shank the hell out of a drive to look ridiculous.

What makes a piece of clothing comfortable for disc golf? Some people say they prefer loose fitting while others prefer tighter clothes. What works best for you?

Looks, i have never had a shirt that i had to worry about function. Cost will hinge on how it looks for me.

I'd agree with DatRedDude, except at a tournament one year the players pack included a very nice printed dri-fit shirt.....with a collar so tight I couldn't wear it comfortably. And I'm a pencil-necked geek. I can't imagine how bad it fit others. A shirt that failed in its function.

My preference in comfortable clothing? Loose enough to not impede movement, tight enough to not flop around with movement. Like the print, style, and everything else, I suspect there's no right answer to this question. No matter what you do, you'll only appeal to a segment of the disc golf community. Hopefully, you choose the biggest segment.

Welp, this pretty much sums it up for me too.
I probably just shouldn't have posted, but, if I discovered a nice cotton polo with just a small logo on the chest, I might be interested.

OK, so there's two of us in this world.

Funny about the small logo. We kicked around printing some shirts for our course, with just a small logo, so you could wear them off the course without the shirt screaming out "disc golfer!" We'll probably do with the next order, if for no one else than ourselves.

Are these the jacket/hoodies that can fit a disc in the front pocket?

If so that's not a new idea.

OK, so there's two of us in this world.

Funny about the small logo. We kicked around printing some shirts for our course, with just a small logo, so you could wear them off the course without the shirt screaming out "disc golfer!" We'll probably do with the next order, if for no one else than ourselves.

I just like things understated. Nothing flashy.
We're likely in the minority in the DG world, but oh well.

What makes a piece of clothing comfortable for disc golf? Some people say they prefer loose fitting while others prefer tighter clothes. What works best for you?

The big key is that it is a quality material. Nothing worse than real cheap, scratchy, knock off dri fit.

As for loose / tight - that is too hard to give a meaningful answer. I will say - if it is tight - it needs to be the appropriate cut & material to pull it off.

Hey all thanks for great words above. Dude Clothing has been designed from the ground up to try and help Disc Golfers play to the best of their ability. Hopefully you will see from our designs and our website we feel we have created just what you've been looking for and 2016 will see a further 30 products hit the shelves, we will also be asking the community what else they want in 2016, don't be shy.
Feel free to get in and support a company who is trying to help the industry in producing a clothing brand that will also put that money right back into the industry through further product development and into sponsorships of tournaments and players/ambassadors. Feel free to check out the latest offering, free postage to anywhere in the world, a great time to buy it. www.dudeclothing.com.au

DUDE, I just looked at your website. Good stuff, but your shorts need a longer inseam for taller people (at 6'4", I need a 15 inch inseam or I look like a 1970's NBA player!) and your prices are a little steep (yes, I converted to USD). Keep at it though!

Stay Tuned

DUDE, I just looked at your website. Good stuff, but your shorts need a longer inseam for taller people (at 6'4", I need a 15 inch inseam or I look like a 1970's NBA player!) and your prices are a little steep (yes, I converted to USD). Keep at it though!

Thanks DUDE, your wish is our command, we are finalizing our 2016 offering which includes
longer length shorts an extra 2 inches to be exact, should sort out your length issues :)
Quality costs, in the future the cost of production will come down, but when you have small orders of quality products you pay a premium. Im sure you will find some good discounts by joining mailing lists and facebook etc. good luck on the course

"Maybe dude means something else in Australia?" Is that a problem?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dude
This is the Wiki definition.

For us its Down Under Disc Evolution, it means the evolution of Frisbee Sports, more importantly it was based on evolving the sports, evolving the clothing for the players.
Lightly its also around the evolution of throwing objects.
Boomerangs have been around for thousands of years in our traditional culture and we wanted to connect with the aboriginal kids of today with the Frisbee or Flying Disc or flying object. This also forms part of our moral fabric, the connection with our traditional people of Australia and there outlook on the community that surrounds us both at home or on the Disc Golf Course, hope that answers your question.

Your clothing look good but does it come in any colors other than black? I live in the southern United States where the summer sun can be brutal and black is not a color I want to be wearing in the sun.

I guess what I meant to say was, I would like to see someone offering something different than the typical (boring) looking polo or dri-fit shirt for DG. And I think the ones above provide that.
jmo

Latest posts