• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Duluth Area

Um...white cedar isn't in MN :doh:

yeah well...

A Proclamation​

Whereas: All roads to Mont du Lac come from Minnesota,

Whereas: The distance from the convoluted border is measured in feet,

Whereas: It's a really cool course that Minnesotans would like to claim,

Whereas: Whetherfore one travels east, west, north, or south from Mont du Lac, that traveler will pass into Minnesota,

Whereas: The number of players from Minnesota is likely many times the number from Wisconsin,

Therefore be it known to all henceforth that Mont du Lac is hereby granted honorary status as a Minnesota disc golf course.

:p

Update! We're getting snow here! I don't know how much, but we have about 2 inches on the ground that stuck since about Noon. It's not going to get very warm this week (<40) up here and there was still a good amount of snow at Mont Du yesterday.
Lots of mud as well. It really cakes onto the boots.
By my guess its going to be very wet, very muddy, and still snow at MDL this weekend.

That sucks. Thought we had it bad here in the Cities.

Yeah I plan to skip going this weekend, I don't think I will enjoy it much there with the cold weather, along with the snow. Didn't get any snow here in Saint Cloud so it's good to go here. :)

I'll be going up the weekend of May 16th-18th or whatever instead now, has to be warm by then, haha. And hopefully the second course will be opened up too.

Thanks for the update as well.

Love that response there Aims. :)

Yeah I plan to skip going this weekend, I don't think I will enjoy it much there with the cold weather, along with the snow. Didn't get any snow here in Saint Cloud so it's good to go here. :)

I'll be going up the weekend of May 16th-18th or whatever instead now, has to be warm by then, haha. And hopefully the second course will be opened up too.

Thanks for the update as well.

Love that response there Aims. :)

There is one of the most unique tourneys the weekend after that! 25th and 26th I believe- The Mayhem on the Mountain. Friday night at 9pm we play a round under the ski hill lights and then again on Saturday at noon.

Well maybe it will be that weekend then :) That sounds like a lot of fun haha.
Thanks for informing me on that.

I definitely have plans of heading up North to camp and play this summer. Bummer that Miller Hill course isn't nearly as fun as it was when it was 18 (I only played it once but it was great I remember).

The other courses in town were sort of just real open and putter courses from what I remember. Never even played them. Didn't play much disc at all during college.

So i just noticed that Snowflake is gone.. what happened? Played it a few times years ago when i was up there for work..

Is it completely gone?

Do people still slide down the big rock slide at Lincoln park?

Last edited:

Latest posts