• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX Cobra

I always use DX "Ontario" Cobras for tight fairway shots!
just love these point a to point b flat toppers!

I used to throw Meteors and I prefer the Comet, on an annie shot the Meteor fights out and takes more power and spin to keep it turned over. It makes a good hyzer flip tunnel disc, but I can do the same and more with a Comet or Cobra. I also prefer the Cobra over the Meteor too.

Meteors are too frustrating to be an accurate mid. Just my experience, but I know there are folks who like them.

Seconded.

I used to throw Meteors and I prefer the Comet, on an annie shot the Meteor fights out and takes more power and spin to keep it turned over. It makes a good hyzer flip tunnel disc, but I can do the same and more with a Comet. I also prefer the Cobra over the Meteor too.

Meteors are too frustrating to be an accurate mid. Just my experience, but I know there are folks who like them.

I have three and they all three fly differently. My flat ESP is the most understable. It does not fight out of anny and turns easily thrown flat. The domey Esp with a different stamp only turns with lots of power and with fight a bit out of anny. The Z I have is fresh and flies more like a Buzzz.

I should have added that I have only thrown Z-Meteors. Oh well, like every other disc, plastic does make a difference.

The two esp Meteors I throw both fly the same and both fly like a fresh DX Ontario Cobra. They are both flat and are different runs/stamps. That makes sense that the Z plastic Meteor is a bit more stable than the esp. I am not looking for anything more understable and I believe the Comet fits that description. If I throw something more understable, it will be my beat dx Cobra. Thanks for all the info.

The current DX Cobras and King Cobras are my only mid I bag and throw! The DX beats to a awesomely straight flyer and it has glide for days! Mine are in the 170-174 weight range.

The King can handle a good rip, stay straight and finish with fade at the end.

The Cobra is a seriously under-rated disc.

I tried this but didn't love the king into the wind

I am a big Cobra fan myself. I bag an Ontario PFN DX and a current Factory Store Champion. I have 2 DX Ontarios stashed away in case I lose my coveted one. After reading this I might have to throw the current run DX mold in the bag.

I cover 90% of my midrange shots with DX rancho rocs and DX Cobras. I picked up some DX Cobras that are pink with a mustard yellow stamp. They are pretty stiff with good grip, not the soft DX.

current mid line up:

1x DX Cobra
2x Champ Cobra (one well seasoned, one new)
1x Gator

every line from overstable skips to BH rollers.

Bump.

So anyone else like the current off the shelf DX Cobras? What disc would you compare them too?

Bump.

So anyone else like the current off the shelf DX Cobras? What disc would you compare them too?

Bump again

I came to this thread looking for an answer to this question as well. I've been throwing one I bought at walmart as part of a DX bag I use when I run the course. I've been having trouble replacing a used glo flx buzzz I lost in the water. This disc seems like it will replace it. Wondering if there is a disc made by innova or any other company in premium plastic that would compare. Although I would probably be better off just buying a stack of DX cobras.

Vcobra in star might be close. Feels similar since the top, depth and width is the same. The Vcobra has a little turn and a little fade.

Bump again

I came to this thread looking for an answer to this question as well. I've been throwing one I bought at walmart as part of a DX bag I use when I run the course. I've been having trouble replacing a used glo flx buzzz I lost in the water. This disc seems like it will replace it. Wondering if there is a disc made by innova or any other company in premium plastic that would compare. Although I would probably be better off just buying a stack of DX cobras.

An ESP Meteor knocked out my trusty dx Cobra. But I have two of them and only one flies exactly the same. The other ESP Meteor is a little bit more over stable. The more over stable one has higher plh. Premium plastic beaded putters, like Wizards, fly similar for me for upshots. Maybe not as long but similar flight path. Never thought I would get rid of Cobra but now I don't miss it. YMMV

I like the star vCobra but I does have a different hand feel than my other cobras. Wasnt hard to adjust but it wasn't quite like my other cobras and it just sits getting dusty as a result.

I've been enjoying a champ king cobra the most recently even though it barely flies "cobra-ish".

I paired DX Cobras with Rocs briefly. I felt they had a similar shape, and the neutral to slightly understable Cobra was easier to acquire than a seasoned to understable KC roc :)

Never tried a premium Cobra.

Vcobra in star might be close. Feels similar since the top, depth and width is the same. The Vcobra has a little turn and a little fade.

I've got DX Cobras, two Star Cobras (good discs), and a couple of VCobras, and I find the VCobras are not like the regular Cobras in feel nor in flight. The Cobras feel not unlike the Roc3 around the rim, and they fly understable (especially as the DX ones beat in).

By way of contrast, the VCobra has that rounded rim and a different feel altogether, and they fly straight-to-overstable and slowly beat in to straight-to-understable. The VCobra is also 'sneaky long', which I cannot say about the Cobras.

Dx three line ontario (king cobra) left, single line www. Dx cobra (normal, classic, sharp nose cobra) right

Attachments

• IMG_20170418_101740.jpg
    IMG_20170418_101740.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 29
Dx single line www. Tooling (regular\classic cobra) left, dx two line patent no. Ontario (old school Ontario) right

Attachments

• IMG_20170418_163414.jpg
    IMG_20170418_163414.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: