• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dying rubbery zipper shiedling

gammaxgoblin

Eagle Member
Hi, thoughts yall might be able to help me out. I am looking to dye black (and have it stay) the rubbery shielding over the zippers like those found on a LB or squatch bag? What would be the best product and way to do this?

Permanent felt-tip marker. Short of removing the zippers, you won't be able to dye only them without dyeing the bag.

Maybe. But if it touches the fabric, the fabric will absorb it like a sponge, and you'll have an uneven (and likely crappy-looking) line.

Unless the fabric is black too.

Tape off the fabric around the zipper pull, so there's no stray dye marks. I think "painter's tape" would work the best as it wouldn't leave residue when it is removed, but first test it with whatever you use to dye the pull...make sure it won't bleed/soak through.

I've heard that leather dye is a good, lasting dye. So you might want to give that a try.

*Disclaimer: I've never used it, so I'm not sure how well it would dye or last on rubbery pulls. Make sure you wear gloves as leather dye really stains.

Latest posts