• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs GUARD

SD86

Banned
A search for a thread on this new mold came up empty. Has anyone tried the new DD Guard putter yet? It's beadless, and has been said to be a "beadless Dagger". The assigned glide number is "5", which I'm wondering is a bit embellished...

I changed my putting putters to from Wardens to Guards this season. I like it's bulky feeling outer rim for putting. I don't mind the deep dish in putting, but as a thrower I can't get used to it. So for me, Guard is a great floaty putter, but for throwing I use Wardens or Sareks.

Haven't thrown or putted one, but held one today. I hated the way it felt. The best way I can describe it is they took the bead off of the dagger, then added that same height as a spacer to the shoulder. I thought it had a similar shape to an ultimate disc ( smaller obviously).

That being said the shop owner said it was his new favorite throwing putter. So guess trying it is the only way to find out.

The Guard is my main putter. Back in the day I used to putt with Ching Tanks and shifted to Discmania P2's when I re-entered the game a few years ago. After trying out several Trilogy putters, I stuck with the P2's until the Guard came out. Once I got my hands on the Guard, it was immediately put in the bag. While I usually like softer plastic in my putters, I was able to adjust to DD's Classic plastic relatively easily and eventually was able to get Guards in Classic Blend which are in my bag now.

For me, the Guard is just a point and shoot putter. It just meshes well with my putting style and I just make more putts with it. In the past week, I have acquired some Moonshine, Prime, and Classic Hybrid Guards to put them through some test runs. So far, the Classic Hybrid plastic seems to be the best feel in my hands and the Moonshine will tested out as a thrower.

I picked up a Guard at the shop yesterday just to mess with, I'm using medium Shields right now, and was thinking I could use the Guard for C2 putts with the glide, and I think I accidentally fell in love with it. I can put just a hair of pace on a low spin putt and it seems to always sneak into the basket, and it works great for my grip. I don't know of many who use the Guard, which is understandable when you have such a stacked lineup already in the trilogy family of tested and true putters, but the Guard for me belongs up there with the best DD has to offer.