• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

The type of plastics they choose to use is what interests me the most.

So much this. I'm not sure there's much more room for innovation in terms of disc flight. If you need a disc that does X, I'm sure you can find it from one of the many manufacturers.

A new plastic, however, that would get my attention...

I was actually asking dd about the jeteye and they almosted acted like it was just stamped with their name not actually molded by them.

if DGR were dead it would be rolling over in its grave with this thread and a couple of the ones in the general discussion section

Wouldn't it be more like what Discraft already does for DGA?

Fair enough. Still seems more likely than straight competition. If they couldn't/wouldn't sell other brands, they'd lose money on discs and dyes since there are only 5 molds now. This way also, Eric McCabe could "leave" discraft and still have relations with them.

Does no one think this might end up being a relationship closer to that of Innova and Discmania? Where Discraft does the mold set up and injections? Seems likely to me.
Nawwwww I think it's more like the relationship between Westside and Lat64... ;) Who knows! I'm just excited to see what a company like DD does with their own lineup since they've done great things for the world of disc golf :D

Dynamic Discs Floater 200.0 27.5 3.6 2.0 26.3 0.6 7.3 106.50 4.88 S V 184.3 79-01 01/01/79
Dynamic Discs Jeteye 180.1 21.7 1.7 1.1 20.0 0.8 5.1 49.50 9.41 89-04 01/01/89
Dynamic Discs Long Ranger 180.1 21.7 1.7 1.1 20.0 0.8 5.1 49.50 9.41 89-03 01/01/89
Dynamic Discs Puppy 174.3 21.0 2.5 1.8 19.8 0.6 8.6 75.00 7.60 V 140.7 80-01 01/01/80
Dynamic Discs Super Puppy 174.3 21.0 2.5 1.8 19.8 0.6 8.6 75.00 7.60 V 140.7 80-02 01/01/80

this is from the pdga approved pdf... these show approval dates from the 80s tho.
That was an entirely different company.

That said, it seems pretty likely that Discraft is actually doing the molding of these discs.
I'm told from some inside sources that is not the case.

Fair enough. Still seems more likely than straight competition. If they couldn't/wouldn't sell other brands, they'd lose money on discs and dyes since there are only 5 molds now. This way also, Eric McCabe could "leave" discraft and still have relations with them.

Those 5 molds are ancient and they don't sell them anymore. I believe that the new mold(s) is(are) shrouded in secrecy...for now.

Wouldn't it be more like what Discraft already does for DGA?

Like scarpfish said, I've also heard otherwise.

Intriguing....
Inside sources say that I've posted the facts like 10 times because I think it's funny how only a few ppl believe I know wtf I'm talking about and I wanna lay down a dense layer of quotable future-telling :)

No clue about the Pros (0% care what happens there) but more discs and more sub-brands are probably a positive thing for the DG market. Interested to see where DD takes this. (their 4 Lat64 molds)

The font on those flight ratings in the picture should be a hint fellas.
Lat64 making 4 molds for DD should be a hint

The font on those flight ratings in the picture should be a hint fellas.

We seem to have the same base knowledge, but I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you here. DGA uses the four characteristic flight ratings and they're molded by Discraft.

Derr..I think people read selectively on here. Latitude wants to get into the US market better. Emac is carrying Latitude molds. I don't say anything because I don't "know" anything, nor do I have any insider info. But it seemed like a pretty obvious logical jump to me.