• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Open Coverage Air Dates Set on CBS Sports Network

First impressions This is cool to see but I wish it was a different course than the Country Club. I know this was Jeremy's thing but the course is just so wide open and boring, and the overheads are just making it look more wide open. I do like how nate and jerm are trying to add info on the sport for people who have never seen disc golf, but i kind of wish they just commented and let maybe graphics do that.

Yeah not the best course to showcase the sport but it's a start. It's surreal watching this produced this way. I played golf for 20 years and became a disc golf addict almost 2 years ago and get so excited to see the sport legitimized this way and these players getting some great exposure.

Im old enough to remember when the disc golf world championsion was on abc wide world of sports in the late 70's in pasadena back when whamo ran it, but its nice to see it coming back and being legitimixed again

Very smart keeping it within an hour, even if it means skipping shots and entire holes. Makes time for a few little informational packages and of course commercials. I would prefer the uncut round but this is a great intro to the sport. Hopefully we get more action tomorrow and Friday.

Regardless of how many casual sports watchers view the coverage, this is the next step for the sport. I imagine this relationship with CBS as sort-of a test trial for Disc Golf. Who knows what's next if this does well...

I'm just glad it's on during primetime and not like 2:00am.

Keep in mind that Dynamic had to pay to get this on CBSSN.

CBSSN was not actively looking to add disc golf content.

With that said, good on them for making the investment.

Odd coverage though, alot of missed shots, some missed holes, got some player bios though. Not a highlight reel but not exactly a full round of coverage either.

In some ways, it felt more "professional" it I did find it more disjointed. Perhaps I'm just used to the continuity of basically getting every shot on the lead card.

Taking what DanJon said at face value, good on DD for funding airtime on network TV.

So glad I did a free YouTube tv trial instead of paying for this. Skipping shots and holes is not the way forward. Hope day 2 is better but production quality aside it's big thumbs down from me

Not that i dont want this to succeed for the sport, I think i like the more "intimate" style of Jomezs youtube coverage. I dont know if "professional" is the right word, it honestly felt "stiff", too much like ball golf not enough like its own sport. I think disc golf needs its own identity, not copying another popular sport. It didnt help this was on a golf course.

Overall, I have to say it's awesome to see Disc Golf on a major network. The graphics and the drone shots were great. I've said it before, Jomez's product is head and shoulders above their competitions'. I wish Jomez's name would have gotten displayed more since they did a lot of the work.

I understand that the round had to be condensed to fit it in an hour of TV time. I don't mind the cut-scenes to Paige and some of the other Guy's highlights - I think those were awesome. Maybe if there were less commercials, we could have seen more shots from the feature card... but such is TV.

I think if they make it a regular thing, it could eventually become a staple on cable sports TV. They already show darts, cornhole, billiards etc.; there's no reason disc golf can't join the repertoire. Especially something like Worlds in a normal year with tons of spectators. Plenty of drama and "big event" value in something like that.

This maiden run probably gets an extremely low rating, so it will take someone with clout believing in the potential.

Sadly, all infinitely more watchable, played by millions more people, known by billions more people, played for hundreds more years and more entertaining. :(

You know im surprised the dgpt logo wasnt more prominent. The pdga and dynamic had plenty of airtime, but there really wasnt much pro tour shout out. I mean the title on my channel guide was dgpt: dynamic dis open 2020, but i kind of expected a dgpt and dgn commercial

You know im surprised the dgpt logo wasnt more prominent. The pdga and dynamic had plenty of airtime, but there really wasnt much pro tour shout out. I mean the title on my channel guide was dgpt: dynamic dis open 2020, but i kind of expected a dgpt and dgn commercial

I didn't get to see the coverage tonight, but I'd guess that a DGPT logo was on the screen a lot more than anything else in the form of on-course branding. Feather banners, ad walls, basket pole wraps, etc are on screen a lot more than a 30 second commercial.

Is there any possible way to watch this outside of the US aside from pirating IPTV? Once can use a VPN however to create an account with any of the services you need a credit card with a US based address. Does the rest of the world have to wait until September to watch this via the Jomez youtube channel? Sort of no point.

Just watched round 1, and I think it came across pretty well. A bit weird for those of us that watch all the events regularly, but I get that and even kind of suspected it'd be dumbed down a bit.

I found it strange who was on feature card though. Paul and Simon are no brainers of course. Nikko and Drew? I feel like they're 2 of the least liked pros. How is the feature card determined exactly?

Is there any possible way to watch this outside of the US aside from pirating IPTV? Once can use a VPN however to create an account with any of the services you need a credit card with a US based address. Does the rest of the world have to wait until September to watch this via the Jomez youtube channel? Sort of no point.

The channel its on, is in the YouTube TV package here... not sure if its the same in other countries.

Oh and the vids that come out for Jomez will be there normal style vids apparently. This version is just for the broadcast. At least that's what the DD guys said during the companion stream.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem, but i had a tremendously difficult time following the disc on drives and other long shots. I've never had this issue with their coverage on youtube, even though my iPhone is way smaller than my TV. I assume it's filmed exactly the same, so I'm guessing it's something to do with CBS sports or my cable provider (Comcast).

Latest posts