• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger Backpack Review

Thats what Im worried about. I have one corner thats showing wear and I got mine when the last design came out. I think I've had it 4 months maybe?

Buy a can of Plasti-Dip spray and put layer after layer on it. Keep an eye on it, re-apply as needed.

If you plan on sending it back do not do this, but it is a cheap way to increase the durability. I have to say, though, 4 months is not a very long time considering these bags cost $180.

Last edited:
The fabric they used on the bottom of the bag is pathetic. I can't believe OGIO made it!

I have 16 in the main compartment, not hard at all to get discs in and out. I agree the shoulder straps could be a little better though.

I only played one round with mine yesterday but I thought the thinner straps made for an easier on and off and unlike my Innova with quad straps, I didn't feel the need to take it off for shorter waits because it didn't feel like it was demanding anything from my body.

The fabric they used on the bottom of the bag is pathetic. I can't believe OGIO made it!

Agreed. My buddy bought one and I'm kinda shocked at home easily it's coming apart. Pair that with the bottom fabric not even being attached to the plastic, and I'm just glad I bought a grip. Love the look and feel of the ranger but this needs to be fixed.

I only played one round with mine yesterday but I thought the thinner straps made for an easier on and off and unlike my Innova with quad straps, I didn't feel the need to take it off for shorter waits because it didn't feel like it was demanding anything from my body.

His was in reference to a first run bag, they changed the straps a little second run. More padding maybe?

His was in reference to a first run bag, they changed the straps a little second run. More padding maybe?

I'm not sure which I have or how old it is. I won it in a CTP shoot-out but I'm guessing it's a later run since it looks brand new and the guy who gave it up (died actually) was an avid player.

It looks like they are using the same mid-quality nylon material so I'm going to hit the bottom with some plasti-dip this weekend.

The reason I didn't go with this bag was mainly because of only one water bottle holder. I like to stay hydrated lol. Also just sort of a weird design overall. I really wanted to like this bag, because I have an Ogio backpack that is AMAZING QUALITY. Which makes it hard for me to believe this bag is anything but. Oh well, I went with the flak 3, which has some problems of its own, but still glad I went with it. Its a solid bag.

I wore on of these on the course the other day, and I was completely sold. Design looks a litt,e odd, but feels great on the back, and functions very well. Discs are super easy to pull, and it has storage for a coat or jacket.

The flak was the bag I was lusting after, but it has enough problems to scare me off, plus DD/Lat/Westside are killing it lately and seem poised to dethrone Discraft as the number 2 brand! If they can get into major retailers they may make a run at Innova!

If a color hasn't been available before, and it will be, then it's a new option...what's "so-called" about it?
Early 2014.

On disc golf answer man, he mentioned fractured blue, so I assume one just like the fractured red, but blue. Then the blue one, and the grey yellow, i assume, and those will be out jan or feb

Been looking at ordering one of these but on dynamic disc site you can't choose a color. Anyone now why this is? I'm guessing it means there out of stock but not sure.

Been looking at ordering one of these but on dynamic disc site you can't choose a color. Anyone now why this is? I'm guessing it means there out of stock but not sure.

Because they are currently out of stock right now. I tweeted them and asked when they were going to be back in stock and they said sometime early this month.

I got an email from DD saying they would get new shipments around mid november. I assume the new colors.

Nope. Restock of the black, grey, and fracture red, I think, but for sure not the new colors. Emac mentioned this as well on disc golf answer man.