• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Renegade

I just secured an Air Renegade to test the idea that it was a longer Fury. It comes in at 158g.

This disc is flat with zero dome, and is scary quick to start turning. Unlike my Lucid Escape that turns and then comes back, this Renegade turns a very long way and then just straightens out. In terms of total distance traveled, yes it goes a fair bit further, but with all of that turn, releasing it on hyzer is paramount. For frame of reference, my Escapes are traveling 285-300' now, and the Renegade went the same distance, but flew a lot further.

I'd rate it as an 11, 5, -4, 1 for the numbers, and I'm not disinclined to give it a -5 in turn either.

Yeah, the Renegade had a LOT more turn than I was expecting. My first few throws with it turned and burned hard. It flips easily and doesn't really try to come back late in flight. The flight numbers for the Renegade are pretty misleading. It flies like a Mamba or Vulcan.

So I've been leaning more and more on a moonshine renegade I got recently. I have a bit of a noodle backhand and it's great for me. Good controllable distance and not as flippy as I expected. Flips to flat and glides from a slight hyzer and has a moderate fade.

The real surprise is how much I like it for forehand shots. It can do some pretty amazing turnover lines and carve up the woods pretty well. Uphill shots in general have always been pretty tough for me, I tend to throw too high or overcompensate and throw too low both resulting in early fade and a general lack of distance. Recently I played a course where hole one is about 330' and pretty steadily uphill with a steep drop off to a ditch on the left. I opted for the renegade forehand and put it about 40' deep and right on line. I'm liking this disc quite a bit lately.