• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Renegade

How does the renegade compare to the flow? I love throwing beat in wraiths, and had a flow for that position for the longest time, but thinking about replacing the flow with a renegade.

Flow is more stable. Renegade is like a VERY beat Wraith, as long as it's not Champion plastic. You'd better go heavy with the Renegade if you want anything close to Wraith stability, IMO.

newer run Lucid Renegades are more stable than the first run. But they still get fairly flippy. Stay heavy and Lucid plastic.

I really like this disc. My main driver is a Champion Wraith. I have tried the Katana and Tern for this slot, but they were both too uncontrollable for me. I also throw the Escape from Dynamic Discs. This reminds me of a longer, faster Escape. I can get it to fly past my Wraiths on a nice, tight hyzer flip. If there is any wind in my face I'm throwing the Wraith or Predator for distance. Mine is 171 lucid and it fits that deep turnover shot, lazer straight hyzer flip. I recommend this disc to anybody who throws around 350

I never really clicked with this disc. My Lucid seemed more stable/overstable than I was expecting. In the speed 11 slightly understable category I get better results (longer, more consistent flights) with my Gold Line Flow. I also throw an Opto Havoc and Lucid Escape for slightly faster or slower. I never really found a spot for the Renegade.

I never really clicked with this disc. My Lucid seemed more stable/overstable than I was expecting. In the speed 11 slightly understable category I get better results (longer, more consistent flights) with my Gold Line Flow. I also throw an Opto Havoc and Lucid Escape for slightly faster or slower. I never really found a spot for the Renegade.

There is overlap with the flow quite a bit. I tried the flow but never found them consistent enough. Like the halo. Too much variation on PLH to rely on them for me. The renegade is a staple in my bag.

I just tried this disc for the first time on Sunday. I just wanted to say how much I love this disc after only one day with it. I was looking for an understable distance driver speed 12 or under. The reason I like the 12 speed is because I have short stubby fingers and anything above speed 12 is tough for my hand to hold for backhand throws. I was able to crank this sucker at about 30 degrees to have it stand up flip over right and come back right at the end of the flight for 485 ft (slightly downhill, and light headwind, measured with UDisc). I found the flight path very similar to my slightly beat Saint with more left and right movement throughout the flight (less high speed stable but more low speed stable than the Saint) and a lot more distance (+50 ft compared to the Saint). I can't wait to get more time with this disc.

As for the comparison to the Flow as many people I see have made I couldn't disagree more with the people saying that these discs are similar. Like Steeze said the PLH in the Flow is all over the place and that inconsistency effects that disc immensely. I don't see that happening with the Renegade.

Last edited:
I may have to pick up a new Lucid. The early ones were really US. I finally figured out my air one for downwind distance. Cool disc. I am more consistent with it than my King.

I may have to pick up a new Lucid. The early ones were really US. I finally figured out my air one for downwind distance. Cool disc. I am more consistent with it than my King.

Thats actually what this disc reminded me most of, at least when the Kings didn't have the new 'pop tops'. The little bit smaller rim size really helps.

Someone sell me on this disc...is it worth trying out against my terns for controllable distance? I feel like to get good D out of the terns I start playing the "wonder where it will land" game sometimes.

I like the idea of a slightly smaller rim with still good distance potential.

Someone sell me on this disc...is it worth trying out against my terns for controllable distance? I feel like to get good D out of the terns I start playing the "wonder where it will land" game sometimes.

I like the idea of a slightly smaller rim with still good distance potential.
The Renegade does have more hookup at the end of its flight compared to the Champ Tern - not even close to comparable to the Star Terns. I'd still pull a PD out of the bag for a tee shot into a moderate headwind.

Thanks...it's the stars that have been giving me the trouble, but I guess it's the nature of the understable distance driver. My champs are much better, and I'm sure I'd be better off sticking with them.

That green one is a great flyer, by the way :D

Renegades are understable, but they do have some fade at the end. Might be rim design, IDK. I'm bagging the Renegade now in place of the Mamba. If you can keep it from flipping over too much, you can get some real nice distance lines. It's a good speed(11) and has that famous Trilogy glide.

I'm thinking I might have ruined it by leaving it in my car. The dome kinda caved in. I'll see what some hot water does to it's flight. Because it definitely isn't a distance disc, as is. But it is understable, definitely. It isn't gliding at all for me right now; it flips and flips, then it's coming back immediately.

Yeah, sounds weird, probably the caved flight plate. Instead of hot water, maybe try leaving it rightside up on a flat surface out in the sun for several hours. I've done this before, and the air under the disc heating up seems to re-expand and repair dome naturally.

Latest posts