• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Tournament Series

Lets use a little common sence please, you know the answer to that. And you better check that flyer again my friend!

:wall: :doh:

....and yes Chopz I'll be going back to MA1. I can honestly say I went into that event thinking I would be on a card with Haleigh for more than just the first round. I had no thoughts of acctually winning it until the second round.

just messin with ya....i'm moving up as well
i think once you win the division your in, right thing to do is move up huh?

just messin with ya....i'm moving up as well
i think once you win the division your in, right thing to do is move up huh?

thread drifting...

I've always thought of it more as you should play against people with a similar ability. If you can throw 350 no problem, anhyzer, hyzer, throw forehand and backhand, have a good thumber and backhand roller, your putting is good inside 30', and have been playing several years and many tournaments you should probably play advanced. If you aren't happy with the way you played an event yet you still finish in the top 5, it is probably time to move up.

thread drifting...

I've always thought of it more as you should play against people with a similar ability. If you can throw 350 no problem, anhyzer, hyzer, throw forehand and backhand, have a good thumber and backhand roller, your putting is good inside 30', and have been playing several years and many tournaments you should probably play advanced. If you aren't happy with the way you played an event yet you still finish in the top 5, it is probably time to move up.

The smart thing is to ignore the haters and play where your rating allows you to play.

PROS
1) It usually costs less.
2) You have a much better chance of finishing in the money.
3) You will have less pressure when you know you're better than the field.
4) It teaches you to be a winner.

CONS
1)You will be wrongfully accused of being a sandbagger.

damn i wish some of these were closer ... even kentucky is a good drive for us folks on the east coast. Jeremy is a great guy, very helpful - I would imagine the tournaments are great!

The smart thing is to ignore the haters and play where your rating allows you to play.

PROS
1) It usually costs less.
2) You have a much better chance of finishing in the money.
3) You will have less pressure when you know you're better than the field.
4) It teaches you to be a winner.

CONS
1)You will be wrongfully accused of being a sandbagger.

I'll just clarify and say this the way I play. I'm not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking. Living proof is my wife. She is such a bagger! :D

I'll just clarify and say this the way I play.

That's the way most people play because they give into the pressure and guilt that the folks in the lower teir of their division are putting on them to try and force them to move up before they should....and because they think it will make them better to move up early and play with more advanced players.

Its not whether you win your division that tells you its time to move up, its how you would have done against the tougher competition HAD you played up.

Anyone know how many rounds the Towne Lake Pro/Am is? If it is 2 rounds, are they both at Towne Lake, or is there going to be a round at Alex Clark also?

Who is ready to freeze their arsses off tomorrow, I know I am!

Round One-78
Round Two-77

At least I shot better on the longs. Took the better part of the first round just to get my hand to unlock from the cold. Still a great event.

Something I always like about Dynamic Discs tournaments is how fast they get the results uploaded to the PDGA website. The morning round results for Towne Lake are already up and they're probably not even done with the afternoon round yet.

try looking up lewisville lake park camping? they have camping practically at the course,, where the guard shack is by hole 4

I did and there are like 20 parks around the lake but the maps are crappy so I'm not sure what that one is that's right there at the course.

Latest posts