• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Warden

After what seems like 100+ putts with the Aviar P&A vs the Judge, I find the lack of a bead on the Aviar leads to a more pinpoint accuracy on all distance of putts. I think I have 4 different putters with a bead or microbead that I've tried over the past couple of weeks and the Judge is the only one I've had any amount of success with. But when I put it head to head with my Aviar P&A, the Judge just doesn't have as good of accuracy as the Aviar. I'm not sure if it's the feel of the bead on my finger at address or at release or what. The Classic Blend definitely feels better in my hand than the DX Aviar, but something about the Aviar just lets me be a bit more accurate.

That's why I'm now even more curious about the Warden...especially with the incredible look of the 'Burst' colors.

How does the feel of the Warden compare to any of the following putters (and I'll only be using it for putting): Aviar P&A, Aviar Classic, Classic Deputy, Ringer, Pure, Swan 1 Reborn, P2, Colt. Some have said the Warden feels shallow which worries me because I don't feel real comfortable with 'thin' putters (ie: Ringer)

And for those of you using the Warden, what's your plastic of choice?

Thanks!!!

TripleB

The Colt is more shallow. The Deputy might be a hair more shallow, but not much.

My suggestion is to go to disc golf center and buy one Prime or Burst Warden, whatever else you need to get over the $12 free shipping limit, and make the order. Then go work with the Warden and see if you like it. I think you will; the Warden is still fighting the Deputy to be my putting putter. But get one cheap putter, try it out. If you don't like it, sell the disc or pay it forward. If you do like it, get a Classic Blend and practice and play...

I dug out some of the putter molds that you mentioned above, and am feeling them up right now in order to give my appraisal of them.

WOW!!! :clap:

Thank you very much for all the work you did and the comparison...it is greatly appreciated!

I went back at it and I think I'm just meant to putt with some type of Aviar. I thought it was the lack of bead that made me like the Aviar better than the Judge, but I tried my son's JK Aviar X Pro (that has a bead) and had great success with it as well. It must be the deep dish feel that I prefer and I think these two Aviars are about as deep of putters and I have.

Again, I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this information!!!!!

TripleB

btw: what is your goto putter?

btw: what is your goto putter?

I have been putting with Hard Daggers and Hard Shields for the past couple of years, but lately have been trying Wizards, primarily so that I can claim to have some experience with them. Like Moose33 stated of himself earlier today, I am a bit of a nonconformist. So, if I EVER settle on a putter mold, if could likely be some very unusual one, just so that I can thumb my nose at convention yet again.

I have been putting with Hard Daggers and Hard Shields for the past couple of years, but lately have been trying Wizards, primarily so that I can claim to have some experience with them. Like Moose33 stated of himself earlier today, I am a bit of a nonconformist. So, if I EVER settle on a putter mold, if could likely be some very unusual one, just so that I can thumb my nose at convention yet again.

Do they make those putters in JK Pro or Classic Blend type plastic?

That's funny...when I started my quest for a goto putter that was my same thought. I wanted to find something that nobody near me uses or have ever heard of...and then I end up liking the Aviar and the Judge. Go figure!

If I could find an obscure deep dish putter similar to the Aviar and they had at least 3 in the same weight and color I think I'd snap them up!!!

Thanks for all your help!

TripleB

Do they make those putters in JK Pro or Classic Blend type plastic?

That's funny...when I started my quest for a goto putter that was my same thought. I wanted to find something that nobody near me uses or have ever heard of...and then I end up liking the Aviar and the Judge. Go figure!

If I could find an obscure deep dish putter similar to the Aviar and they had at least 3 in the same weight and color I think I'd snap them up!!!

Thanks for all your help!

TripleB

Daggers and Shields are both Trilogy molds of course, so they can be had in Hard, Medium and Soft.

Aviars and Judges are goods discs, so no reason not to throw them - unless you cannot tolerate being player number 50 bajillion in an infinite line of carbon copy putter throwers. :D
I've gotta be me, I've gotta be me!

I have acquired lots of out of production discs like the Pulse, Riot, Avenger, Monster, Trident, XL, XS, Impact, Pain, Lycan, Coyote and Classic Roc - enough to last lifetimes. All of these can be gotten still now, but will be scarce eventually. Who knows, people could eventually be viewing Z Avengers like we view CE Teebirds now.

If you are looking for the most unusual awesome fantastic putter that can be had, then I suggest........ I'm not telling you that!

Do your own thing, and make it work!

Meanwhile.....I've gotta be me, I've gotta be me

Any thoughts on the Lucid Warden? I finally found one online and it is coming in tomorrow. Hoping its a dead straight driving putter

Any thoughts on the Lucid Warden? I finally found one online and it is coming in tomorrow. Hoping its a dead straight driving putter

I'd love it if they'd make regular production Lucid Wardens. I have a Fuzion Warden, and I really like it for upshots/approaches.

I have a couple of these and love them. They're great throwers and I usually bag one, along with a Classic Soft and a Classic Burst.

I know they are all very similar, but I love the flight of the classic aviar, but I despise the plastic. I am currently trying warlocks and found a couple I like and tried to get a couple backups and they are all very different from each other. They also have more of a dump and less glide than the classic aviar. Enters the warden, I just ordered a couple and want to give them a shot, but tell me they are going to fly very similar to the classic aviars, but feel better so I can feel better about myself for ordering more discs.

I know they are all very similar, but I love the flight of the classic aviar, but I despise the plastic. I am currently trying warlocks and found a couple I like and tried to get a couple backups and they are all very different from each other. They also have more of a dump and less glide than the classic aviar. Enters the warden, I just ordered a couple and want to give them a shot, but tell me they are going to fly very similar to the classic aviars, but feel better so I can feel better about myself for ordering more discs.

They fly similar to the Classic Aviars, but feel even better, so feel good about yourself for ordering more discs. :)

Seriously, they do fly similar, and the Warden feels good in the hand. The Warden may be a wee tad more stable at longer distances, but with practice you'll like the Warden a lot.

Anyone else who have a problem with the Warden shoot past the target?

The glide is so "good" that i always ends up 30feet past the target. . .prefer the Marshal over Warden for throwing

If you always end up 30ft past the target then you should of made a throwing correction a long time ago. :). I keed I keed.

For sure the marshal will give you more control on distance than a warden will with its greater stability and more predictable fade. The warden is better suited, off the tee, as a straight to turn over shot where you have some room long as it does like to glide for days.

A have a few Fluid Wardens and for my it kind of a weird disc. . . if i power down it just "dies" short of the target, and if i ad just i little power it glides past the target.
Had a hard time to dial in the Warden so i just switched to the Marshal

Anyone else who have a problem with the Warden shoot past the target?

The glide is so "good" that i always ends up 30feet past the target. . .prefer the Marshal over Warden for throwing

I big yes, and I unfortunately found out during one of the biggest high-stakes tournaments I played that year.

It was my first serious round at this wooded course in nearly a year, and it was early in the spring. Up to then I was playing easier, city-park style courses throughout the winter because that was all I could get at. I generally did not have approaches outside of 60 feet. Now I was facing much longer holes that required several second shots of the 60-140 foot variety, and the Classic Warden I was using for upshots often sailed by the basket by 30-50 feet. It was a three round tournament, and by the end of the second round, I believe I lost at least 6 strokes because of blown approaches and another 10 or so because I was outside of my comfortable putting range. I finished the tournament approaching and putting with a Drone, that was how upset I was, and I ended up posting the hottest amateur round for the day.

For me, the Warden's glide does not kick in until you give it power; so it goes from being just average to suddenly being an excellent driving putter. That area of no middle ground, unfortunately, makes it horrible at approaching. I switched over to Pures, and despite really loving them for shots 100 feet or more, the Pures did not fare any better.

For the last year I have been using Champion Polecats, which are deadly from 50-110, the prime approaching distance, but they get uncontrollable after 120 or so, and they sometimes have too much loft when I am that range between putting and approaching. If I miss high with a Polecat, sometimes it keeps drifting backside, just back out of putting range. It happens maybe once a round, but that can change a birdie chance into a guaranteed bogey real fast.

So, in the last week I have been messing around with the Lucid Deputy, and oh my goodness, I instantly clicked with that disc. It flips way too much at power to use for driving, but approaching, deadly accurate. After only a week, I feel totally in control of its power and angles that I have not been outside of 15 feet yet. I know it is only practice, but I have put in several from 60+ feet.

Now, thanks to winter still hanging on here in Minnesota, the best I can still play on a regular basis is a city-park, albeit a fairly wooded city-park course. Time will tell within the next month or two when I can finally start hitting up the bigger courses. Still, I am a color-snob for my tournament bag, so I will be on the lookout for at least two yellow Lucid Deputys; that is how much I think they will work in this slot.

A have a few Fluid Wardens and for my it kind of a weird disc. . . if i power down it just "dies" short of the target, and if i ad just i little power it glides past the target.

My Emac Fuzion Warden and 2 Fluid Wardens have never given me that kind of problem, but I also tend to throw them with a little bit of hyzer out of the hand, so that might make a difference.

But if the Marshal works for you, stick with it. I'm looking forward to trying a premium plastic Marshal in the future :popcorn:, and it might well make the bag...

While I'm a huge Warden advocate, I quit using them for approaches too. Love 'em for putts, but that's the only thing they get used for (other than occasional floaty putter drives).

Heads up, our local brick and mortar (Hazy Shade) has some tourney stamped Lucid Wardens. I believe they ship too.

Heads up, our local brick and mortar (Hazy Shade) has some tourney stamped Lucid Wardens. I believe they ship too.

Darn it, I'm hoarding green dollar bills for the upcoming Star Mysteres. Oh well, after the next payday...

Anybody tried the Classic Blend Burst Moonshines yet? Especially compared to regular Blend?