• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Warden

To me, the warden seems a lot less low profile than the judge or pure. It just feels like a much deeper rim to me. Anyone else feel the same or differently?

Definitely feels deeper in my hand than both the judge and pure. I haven't looked up dimensions but what it feels like in my hand is what matters. It's still not overly deep but I notice it. I have to make sure to use a fan grip so my pinky doesn't catch.

To me, the warden seems a lot less low profile than the judge or pure. It just feels like a much deeper rim to me. Anyone else feel the same or differently?

Same here! The Warden and Judge both have a 1.5 cm deep rim; the Pure is 1.4 cm.

I think the difference in rim shape makes the Warden feel so much deeper: The Warden's rim is basically an flat angle after the parting line radius, whereas the Judge curves inward sharply to the bead. The entire length of my index finger is touching plastic on the Warden, but the Judge's beady curves leave a little gap...

For my fan grip, the index finger feel is surprisingly important. This must be what the DD folks mean when saying "... removes the bead to provide additional comfort in the hand." ;)

Just a word of caution. Do not attempt the whole warm water and soap method(Many use this on Gateway putters to remove some of the "fuzziness" off of them) on the Classic Blend Warden's. It has pretty much rendered the two I have completely useless. There was some sort of weird sticky film residue left on them after the first try. I have tried a couple more rounds of water and soap to remove it without any luck. Warm Water + Dish Soap + Classic Blend Warden = Ruined disc.

Just a word of caution. Do not attempt the whole warm water and soap method(Many use this on Gateway putters to remove some of the "fuzziness" off of them) on the Classic Blend Warden's. It has pretty much rendered the two I have completely useless. There was some sort of weird sticky film residue left on them after the first try. I have tried a couple more rounds of water and soap to remove it without any luck. Warm Water + Dish Soap + Classic Blend Warden = Ruined disc.

What kind of soap did you use? I've washed blend judges and wardens with no problem. You get a little extra tackiness to them but that's the whole reason I wash them when new just like all my putters usually.

I used Dawn dish soap. I have done this quite a few times over the years for my Super Soft Wizards in order to remove the fuzziness on them. They never got tackier though. They usually got a little slicker afterwards.

How many people have switched from the Judge to the Warden? I'm not thinking about doing it too much, but I am bored and in a putting funk.

I know. Archer/arrow. I get it. Just humor me.

How many people have switched from the Judge to the Warden? I'm not thinking about doing it too much, but I am bored and in a putting funk.

I know. Archer/arrow. I get it. Just humor me.

I'm die hard Judge. So I haven't gotten the urge to switch but I also can't really stop buying Wardens because I do love the flight they give. I'm slowly adding a warden to the bag to match the plastic of the judge I'm putting with on that day and using it for upshots that need more glide, height, and a little straighter finish. It does do those things a little better than the Judge and while I prefer the bead for actual putting I can grip and throw the warden just fine for approaches. I still use my fuzion judges for hyzer approaches or driving but I do like having a warden somewhere in the putter pocket now.

I'm using a classic judge/warden plastic combo for days above about sixty degrees.

Blend judge/warden combo for sixty-freezing

Classic soft judge/warden combo for anything under freezing weather.

So far that gives me the optimum firmness and chain grabbing I like to have in putter plastic. It just makes it rough to wear in all those varieties but it also makes me practice putt more to do so and that's never a bad thing.

^^Thanks, Steeze. Decided to snag a Classic and Classic Blend Warden to see what they do for me. I am such a putter slut (also ordered a Swan, solely because it was black). I am sure I'll go back to the Judge, but I need to try new things every now and then, especially when I am struggling.

I just took an old Aviar PnA to the basket and it felt pretty nice, so if the Warden feels similar and is in good Lat plastic I'll be a happy camper.

^^Thanks, Steeze. Decided to snag a Classic and Classic Blend Warden to see what they do for me. I am such a putter slut (also ordered a Swan, solely because it was black). I am sure I'll go back to the Judge, but I need to try new things every now and then, especially when I am struggling.

I just took an old Aviar PnA to the basket and it felt pretty nice, so if the Warden feels similar and is in good Lat plastic I'll be a happy camper.

You got it a little easier in California not worrying about drastic temp changes and needing so many plastics. Lucky. I'm still loving my classics for hot days but I'm really starting to like all my blend putters because they cover both warm and cold days the best. Let us know how you like the warden when you get to use them a bit.

How does the stability of the warden compare to the pure? Does the lucid version have more lss?

This is my experience in terms of stability of wardens(least to most)
Fuzion -> Classic Hard -> Classic Blend

Since my post about the dish soap, I have kept those two CB Wardens in my CH Warden putting rotation. I am starting to lean towards the CB during this chilly months as it has great grip and I like the little bit of extra stability.

I made the transition from Soft/Medium Wizards to CH Wardens and my putting consistency from 30+ has gotten a lot better. The Warden just feels great in the hand for me and I am really enjoying them for my main putter as well as my approach disc.

The Warden just feels great in the hand for me and I am really enjoying them for my main putter as well as my approach disc.

Agreed. I am really digging the Warden and I get a much more consistent/easier release with the no bead. Can anybody compare the Warden with the McPro's? I know the plastic is different but how much do the rims differ?

Got an actual full round in (league dubs) with this among the Fugitive and Witness. To me it feels like a beadless P/A Aviar run in Gateway's Soft plastic. Great for glidey spushy putting and holds a great line on a drive. Won CTP and League with this thing. :thmbup:

vs

Agreed. I am really digging the Warden and I get a much more consistent/easier release with the no bead. Can anybody compare the Warden with the McPro's? I know the plastic is different but how much do the rims differ?

I find very little difference between the 2, I purchased a hard and a soft warden before winter and really liked the grip of the soft during the cold months. but now that spring is here I'm back to mcpros full time, especially since the 2014's are easy to get

Last weekend I played a tournament on a duece or die course and the Fuzion Warden performed brilliantly for me. If it weren't for the wind, I probably would have thrown it for damn near every drive under 300. They may say that it is only a speed 2, but man that thing can sail. It is dead nuts straight when released flat. Put a little hyzer on it and it will stand up a little bit and then hyzer back. Give it a little turn and it will hold it all the way to the ground. It is so workable on many different lines. I threw wizards for many many years as my go to driving putter, but the warden has since knocked them out of the bag. Look for a wizard fire sale coming up soon. I highly recommend everybody try out a fuzion warden as a driving putter...they are amazing.:thmbup::thmbup:

Last weekend I played a tournament on a duece or die course and the Fuzion Warden performed brilliantly for me. If it weren't for the wind, I probably would have thrown it for damn near every drive under 300. They may say that it is only a speed 2, but man that thing can sail. It is dead nuts straight when released flat. Put a little hyzer on it and it will stand up a little bit and then hyzer back. Give it a little turn and it will hold it all the way to the ground. It is so workable on many different lines. I threw wizards for many many years as my go to driving putter, but the warden has since knocked them out of the bag. Look for a wizard fire sale coming up soon. I highly recommend everybody try out a fuzion warden as a driving putter...they are amazing.:thmbup::thmbup:

All of this! So far my favorite Trilogy and DD disc! Love the classic hardship gonna have to snag a fuzion one to play around with!

All of this! So far my favorite Trilogy and DD disc! Love the classic hardship gonna have to snag a fuzion one to play around with!

I bought two more this past week. This may become my new obsession disc. :)

And my main putter is a Classic Hard Warden. I carry two for putting duties only. Then I carry the Fuzion. I also carry a BT Hard Swan for flippy putter shots. That is another great disc.