• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Dynamic Judge vs. Discmania S-P2

Jamtwo

I've been throwing a Judge for the last year and where I do like y Judges, I was thinking about grabbing up a couple S-Line P2s. So here I ask DGCR, which is the preferred putter amongst the members here? I notice the flight numbers on them are very close, but can anyone speak as to how they differ, from feeling to flying. Any help would be appreciated.

I feel like p2s are allot more hss when driving and have a much deeper feel when putting. I switched from judges to kcs to p2s about two years ago so it's been awhile tho.

I feel like p2s are allot more hss when driving and have a much deeper feel when putting. I switched from judges to kcs to p2s about two years ago so it's been awhile tho.

I've thrown judges for a couple of years and my wife has had p2s in her bag just about since they came out.

I would agree that the p2 is quite a bit deeper feeling in the hand. It's also quite a bit more overstable in it's flight. I don't think the transition would be a smooth one since they really are quite a bit different from each other.

I would say my style putting is closest to spin putting. My problem with the judge is it just wants to drop too quick, I always bang the side of the basket. I was considering trying out the yeti test configuration from the Innova factory store, but then I started looking into the P2. I need to tighten up my putting game and I'm just not sure what to try out with all the putters available.

I would say my style putting is closest to spin putting. My problem with the judge is it just wants to drop too quick, I always bang the side of the basket. I was considering trying out the yeti test configuration from the Innova factory store, but then I started looking into the P2. I need to tighten up my putting game and I'm just not sure what to try out with all the putters available.

I've always found that the Judge stays up a lot longer than most other putters, for me.

The P2 is definitely going to be a bit more overstable, and have less glide, in the circle than the Judge. Feelwise, they are polar opposites, with the P2 being much deeper and beadless compared to the Judge's shallow with a big bead.

Why not pick up a D-P2 for cheap to try first?

I've always found that the Judge stays up a lot longer than most other putters, for me.

The P2 is definitely going to be a bit more overstable, and have less glide, in the circle than the Judge. Feelwise, they are polar opposites, with the P2 being much deeper and beadless compared to the Judge's shallow with a big bead.

Why not pick up a D-P2 for cheap to try first?

That's kind of what I started thinking. I wasn't sure how the depth differed between the two, and knowing now the P2 is a lot deeper I think I may steer clear from that all together, I've thrown a couple aviars and I didn't really care for the depth of those, and I think they are similar to the P2. I think sticking with the judge may be my best bet and just spending some serious time with my practice basket. I will admit, part of wanting to buy the P2 is the gorgeous swirly super fancy Mcbeth edition ones, but in the end, if I can't throw it, and won't hang it, then it serves me no purpose.

For me I have both in my bag, and use them frequently during my rounds.

I have an S-Line P2 I use for driving, and up shots. It's great for that purpose, I've never had it turn over on me.

I also have a Fuzion Judge that I use as my main putter, and I love it. I use it for long and short putting. I like the feel and grip of the fusion plastic, some people think it's weird I use premium plastic as my main putter, but it works well for me.

The Judge is one of my mainstay in-the-circle putters, the other being it's beadless brother, the Warden. I've got a Discmania P3 and Aviars, but have not tried the P2 itself. The Judge has a LOT of glide, and does not feel like the Innova/Discmania putters in my grubby paws. The Judge is NOT overstable; I understand that the P2 is overstable. Ergo, the Judge and P2 are a bit "apples and oranges" in comparison.

Why don't you get one for your driving/upshot putter? I bag a s p2 and that's all I use it for. They can handle power just fine without getting flippy, they are a little overstable but not hard to throw straight either, and since they are premium plastic they will last a while. It's been the best addition to my bag this year.

If you like the Judge but still want to try something different take a look at the RDG fossil and fossil fuel Wizards. IMOP the two feel similar. The RDG Wizs have a nice low profile and the ones I have around 170g have a lot of glide and don't seem quite as OS as their max weight counterparts. They are currently out of stock, but are updated often. Amazing customer service as well.

Feel has a lot to do with putting success. If you like the way a mold feels, practice til perfect.

My problem with the judge is it just wants to drop too quick, I always bang the side of the basket.

The judge is one of the best gliding putters on the market. I don't think a different disc will fix your problem. That may sound a little harsh, but I'm just being honest

Very similar. The judge is a tick faster, a tick less overstable, and has that different big bead feel. I could work with either.

The judge is one of the best gliding putters on the market. I don't think a different disc will fix your problem. That may sound a little harsh, but I'm just being honest

Nope, didn't take it as harsh [emoji1303]. If I welcome any bit of criticism it's toward my putting as I need some work.

As for bagging the P2 for upshots, I would try it, but I carry 3-4 old mold Buzzz' for that purpose, I haven't found a straighter flying disc than a Buzzz tooled bar stamp. I'm sure it is a user error with the Judge, it's a great disc, and I do enjoy the low profile of it. I ended up grabbing a couple more Judges from DDs website. Even got one of the Drew Gibson signature fuzion discs, I'll probably shelf that one though, since it's 1/25 with an actual autograph, and I'll have 3 judges in my bag anyways.

Thanks for the advice folks. I might try some Wizards out at some point, I had a couple, but they were the OG blend which I didn't really care for how firm they were. I went from a Banger GT to a Challenger and then to the Judge, so I guess the low profile is the preferred style for me.

I feel like everyone is spot on right now. I like you prefer lower profile putters. I have used challengers, pures and judges more than anything else throughout my dg career, although I also had a good stint with KC Aviars years ago. Currently I am putting judges. I threw an S Line P2 for the last two years alongside an opto pure and zone. It was a good HSS with fade disc between the two.

Currently I am throwing a soft judge for straight to turnover shots and an RDG Wizard for straight to fade shots. I think since these RDG Wizards mold up shallower they feel very similar to the judge. The RDG Wizards are a bit longer and have a touch less fade than the S Line P2 but still have the same great HSS. Maybe putt judges and throw RDG Wizards for a more P2 flight with a similar feel. It works for me. I also throw in a RDG Scale,which has a similar depth to the P2, if it is really windy out. Good luck!

I recently switched from putting with Judges to Wizards. They are not significantly deeper than the Judge and now I have gotten used to the difference. Funny thing, I have never actually thrown them. I still throw Judges and even practice putt with them alongside my Wizards since I have so many still and don't notice a huge difference when actually putting. If you want a more stable throwing putter with a very similar feel to the Judge, I would go with, and do personally, the Envy. Shallow like the Judge with a slightly smaller bead. Also, they will retain the stability much longer than a Wizard would in everything except Evolution plastic, and feel more similar to the Judge.

My paws are not grubby but I think the Judge is a straighter disc, maybe slight drift. P2 is slightly Overstable. I prefer the Judge.

My problem with the judge is it just wants to drop too quick...

What color and plastic is that judge? I got some gray classics that fly like crap. I just use them for putting practice. White blend and white classic have been good to me for putting and throwing.

Might be a good idea 2 check out a warden if you haven't already. Kind of like a Beadless judge and a little less stable imo. Same plastic options which is a huge plus if you like DD.

Latest posts