• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I kind of wish Innova would purge their lineup like the Trilogy companies and focus on making their good molds well. But I guess that's too much to ask...because Wombat3.

No because Champion Grove, I picked up two Champion Grove in a store in 2014 and both had a different width in the size of the grove. Yet Innova keeps making that mold. Wombat 3 is an okay mold, Garret Gurthie uses the mold and has a special stamped disc so it can't be that bad. Another disc Innova truly needs to stop making is V ROC, as people who often do not use a ROC, would more then likely not use a V ROC but some other Innova midrange mold and not because the V ROC has the ROC name attached to it but rather the odd rim shape. This way Innova people can focus on making discs more widely used like the Valkyrie so some runs are not so domed being so US they going to the right as soon as they leave the hand.

No because Champion Grove, I picked up two Champion Grove in a store in 2014 and both had a different width in the size of the grove. Yet Innova keeps making that mold. Wombat 3 is an okay mold, Garret Gurthie uses the mold and has a special stamped disc so it can't be that bad. Another disc Innova truly needs to stop making is V ROC, as people who often do not use a ROC, would more then likely not use a V ROC but some other Innova midrange mold and not because the V ROC has the ROC name attached to it but rather the odd rim shape. This way Innova people can focus on making discs more widely used like the Valkyrie so some runs are not so domed being so US they going to the right as soon as they leave the hand.

But Dave Dunipace just loves V-Tech. Maybe he'll put out a V-Eagle one day soon. :popcorn:

I like to think that there is a dark room somewhere in the depths of the Innova warehouse, down where the light of the California sun is never seen, where under a single bare lightbulb, Dave D sits polishing the final curve into his masterpiece - the Eagle3 top.

I like to think that there is a dark room somewhere in the depths of the Innova warehouse, down where the light of the California sun is never seen, where under a single bare lightbulb, Dave D sits polishing the final curve into his masterpiece - the Eagle3 top.

The Eagle isn't Dave Dunipace's favorite mold though. He is making the final touches in preparation for the release of the driver that everyone needs: the plus-mold, hefty-rimmed, flat top, v-technology control driver to control all drivers.

It will be embossed vvx+3 for simplicity.

The Eagle isn't Dave Dunipace's favorite mold though. He is making the final touches in preparation for the release of the driver that everyone needs: the plus-mold, hefty-rimmed, flat top, v-technology control driver to control all drivers.

It will be embossed vvx+3 for simplicity.

That's a pretty long-winded way of saying Viking.

That's a pretty long-winded way of saying Viking.

That's another mold Innova's completely screwed the pooch on...every "new" Viking I pick up has a terrible plus rim and dome. Same with Banshees. It's like they've given up making discs well and just whatever sticks.

... and then... DD finishes his masterpiece by molding that Eagle3 top with his beloved V-tech bottom piece, creating the V-Eagle3! :| :popcorn:

Not hoping for it, just sayin' that's what he'll likely do....

But Dave Dunipace just loves V-Tech. Maybe he'll put out a V-Eagle one day soon. :popcorn:

Or V-Shark, we know how much Dave loves the Shark, he uses the Star and G-Star in his bag and before Star became a plastic he had the DX. Merging the two loves might make the disc he really wanted, a no bead V-ROC. :\

Or V-Shark, we know how much Dave loves the Shark, he uses the Star and G-Star in his bag and before Star became a plastic he had the DX. Merging the two loves might make the disc he really wanted, a no bead V-ROC. :\

By definition, the V-tech discs have beads, so it won't be an unbeaded V-Roc. And that may be why there is no V-Shark.

But a V-Eagle3? I can see DD doing that, adding the V-Eagle or V-Eagle3 to the Eagle family as he added the V-Roc to the Roc family... :popcorn:

By definition, the V-tech discs have beads, so it won't be an unbeaded V-Roc. And that may be why there is no V-Shark.

But a V-Eagle3? I can see DD doing that, adding the V-Eagle or V-Eagle3 to the Eagle family as he added the V-Roc to the Roc family... :popcorn:

Unfortunately I could See Dave D Doing that, but what fairway Driver would Dave D use to make V Tech? I could also see Dave taking an old Eagle mold that is slightly not working in the nose, that part got messed up and make a + mold Eagle Before he makes a 3 top that tons of people and sponsored pros have been asking for.

My throwers

11x glow Champ L mold 10 years in the bag
10x pro L mold 7 years in the bag

The 10x feels more like se than ce but it's definitely not the junk 9xs were made of

The 11x is still as stable as the day it went in that old glow just doesn't wear out��

Got my first ace first throw with the 11x back in 09

Attachments

• 1565626219226713941410935029291.jpg
    1565626219226713941410935029291.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I am really liking the Climo 11x Eagle L Champ. The rim is a little flatter IMO compared to regular Eagles, but this is a disc that is great for your first OS disc, and even when you become much better it's a disc I see people using a lot.

decided to get back to an eagle - I luckily found a couple champion glow eagles (x mold) They are BEEFY and just what I was hoping for. One of my original drivers was a milk white CE Eagle that was a lil beat up. Flew amazing...I'll always remember that disc. Its now in a lake somewhere :( But I got these and should stay nice n stable for a long time.

My throwers

11x glow Champ L mold 10 years in the bag
10x pro L mold 7 years in the bag

The 10x feels more like se than ce but it's definitely not the junk 9xs were made of

The 11x is still as stable as the day it went in that old glow just doesn't wear out��

Got my first ace first throw with the 11x back in 09

Those 9 x Eagles are junk, they and all other discs from that same year of CE explode for no reason at all.

11x is true Champion and yes if you got the flat top X mold then yeah it will be OS more so being the old glow Champion plastic.

There is one version of CE that is like Pro and what is now Champion mixed that is really nice for a disc, the disc being like Champion but not able to see thought the plastic.

Those 9 x Eagles are junk, they and all other discs from that same year of CE explode for no reason at all.

11x is true Champion and yes if you got the flat top X mold then yeah it will be OS more so being the old glow Champion plastic.

There is one version of CE that is like Pro and what is now Champion mixed that is really nice for a disc, the disc being like Champion but not able to see thought the plastic.

Yeah I'm guessing my l molds we're ran before the x mold 10xs cause while they are definitely a CE blend they are not as champy as the x mold 10xs I've ......it's just an absolute pleasure to hold I just wish I had a couple back ups

My DX eagle is getting too beat and it's losing most of its stability. Probably flies similar to an FD now. I need a premium plastic eagle but it's a bitch finding good ones that aren't super overstable or domey.