• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Elevation Disc Golf

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey guys, I did a search and didn't see anything on the new rubber disc company Elevation.

They have two molds out so far, the Interceptor which is mid/approach shaped disc that is billed as slightly overstable. And the Koi which is a rounded edge putter that is slightly understable.

A friend of mine had one of each at league last week and they were very interesting.

I found the Interceptor not to be overstable, but very straight and you had to throw it at a much higher nose angle to net any distance at all. It flexes so much under power that really long throwers were seeing it warp in the air as it is so very floppy.

The rim felt durable and like it could take a hit, but the flight plate felt so thin, seems like it would be far too easy to puncture.

True to its purpose it hits and flops, you can't even really make it roll.

The Koi is almost a spiritual descendent of the Blowfly, slightly more structure to the rim, which is a traditional rounded putter shape and it's a touch flippy,

Pretty long though, myself and one other player were throwing backhand hyzerflips near 300 with it and they stick like glue to grass.

No one seemed to like putting with it very much, the five in the flight plate threw many people off, but overall I would consider bagging this one over the Interceptor. I currently have a battered old Megasoft Swan2 for uneven approaches and this could potentially do that job if I am unable to find a replacement.

I'm interested in seeing what this company does next, definitely have people curious as they are selling out in hours every time they put inventory up.

Could end up being a meme disc/company but only time will tell.

If I was new to the game, I wouldn't go "Elevation" "Koi" "Interceptor".

First, what even are you?

Second, why?

I'd reach out to rock groups and be like...yo Isaac, can I call my disc "Never Ending Math Equation" (way too long a name but wtf, yolo) and not get a cease and desist?

And all my discs have some kind of musical theme, maybe talk to Sub Pop and get the green light, do some kind of license thing if gross sales > X.

You know, one idea. Maybe they are all named after Beethoven piano sonatas. Or Montaigne essays. Or go dystopian and have a 1984 disc, a Kafka, a Camus, and so on.

Swan is a badass disc tho...my son found one at Dillon Lake DGC in deep ruby that we call Swan Burgandy.

I thought the company was called Levation with a weird logo in front of it

If I was new to the game, I wouldn't go "Elevation" "Koi" "Interceptor".

First, what even are you?

Second, why?

I'd reach out to rock groups and be like...yo Isaac, can I call my disc "Never Ending Math Equation" (way too long a name but wtf, yolo) and not get a cease and desist?

And all my discs have some kind of musical theme, maybe talk to Sub Pop and get the green light, do some kind of license thing if gross sales > X.

You know, one idea. Maybe they are all named after Beethoven piano sonatas. Or Montaigne essays. Or go dystopian and have a 1984 disc, a Kafka, a Camus, and so on.

Swan is a badass disc tho...my son found one at Dillon Lake DGC in deep ruby that we call Swan Burgandy.

Yeah the names are all over the place so far, and honestly I'm a little surprised DD had not used the Interceptor name before. A little whiff with their justice system theme.

Maybe someone will go full in on a philosophical theme; Socrates, Kirkegaard, Locke etc

I love Swan Burgandy btw, that's comedy gold.

Maybe someone will go full in on a philosophical theme; Socrates, Kirkegaard, Locke etc

I love Swan Burgandy btw, that's comedy gold.

.... or carp, bass, bluegill, catfish....[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got a binx on the way from the 15$ dg deals on fb, will report back once it gets here.

got a binx on the way from the 15$ dg deals on fb, will report back once it gets here.
after throwing it a bunch i'm still not sure about the binx; it does fly straight with a pretty good fade when thrown correctly, but i have to throw it higher than i'm used to; if i don't aim higher it goes directly into the ground. it is not good for my (full power) sidearm (as expected for something this floppy); i had one good sidearm when i was returning to my car; a half toss toward my car about 200ft & it took off straight where i aimed, hitting the car next to mine (would have got mine if the other car wasn't there). it is one of the floppiest discs i've ever put my hands on. i tried to see what kind of kick i could get off of trees, but never really hit one the way it takes to kick sideways; solid tree(car) hits would drop straight down, but normal discs (mostly) do this. if i played more wooded/tight courses this disc might make the bag, but the courses here are too open for this disc to be useful; i will bring on my next trip to a wooded course & see how it does.

Do people on the auction sites sign an agreement stating that they have to fold the disc up like a buritto?

Latest posts