• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eliminating Wrist roll advice

wesman

This is my first post so go easy on me

I have been playing consistently since last june and have even set up a 18 hole (8 basket) course at the house since its a half hour drive to a course in central ky

My drives were maxing out at around 300-320 i noticed the disc fluttered as it left my hand and all my mids and fairways turned over hard, so i got on here read about OAT and started noticing i rolled my wrist over when i threw...

Now here is were I am at the moment I have started focusing on keeping my palm down is this wrong????

The disc is now coming out very smooth now no wobble now i'm throwing my mids around 300 feet my teebird and eagles to 350+ and threw my max weight champ wraith hit tree at 400ish feet slightly uphill all with minimal effort (distance calculated with gps)

I feel i'm getting decent results now but I do not know if what im doing is proper

If you mean keeping the palm down in the finish, and not during the throw. You can get more extension of the thumb and shape different shots by finishing with the palm down. It's good for most hyzer to straights shots. I'd also check your grip, balance and weight transfer.

thanks sidewinder

That is what im doing, as i finish i keep it down, were as before it would be twisted up because it felt like i had more "power" but really it was counterproductive and made my discs seem more understable than advertised.

just wanted to be sure this wasn't a bad habit...

this may be covered somewere else but i could not find anything specific as to how you wrist should be oriented other than not to "roll" it

it should not be pointing up or down for a normal throw, it should stay right in the middle the entire time..

it should not be pointing up or down for a normal throw, it should stay right in the middle the entire time..
Extension includes a rotation. When you punch your wrist rotates as it extends.

"Your wrists have to let go and pull over, turning your forearms to the sky because the bat is coming through. You're not going to be able to stop your wrists. This is the same type of felling you should have in disc golf. It's a release of the muscles. You need to extend outside the body after release." - Ken Climo

but doesn't the hand stay in the same orientation related to the ground tho? even though the forearm may rotate or something else?

I don't know how you can physically get full extension/release without rotation.

Latest posts