• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

I'm on the fence about the L-X Emacs. I like the thought of minimizing molds, but the Verdict feels identical to an Emac to me anyway so I'm not really sure if there's value in bagging 3 Emacs/0 Verdicts vs 2 Emac/1 Verdict. Plus my most beat-in Jawbreaker Zone is getting longer and straighter and taking more shots away from my Verdict anyway.

Ah, who am I kidding...I'll probably buy a couple.

This is almost my exact experience, except I can sometimes get this disc out to 330 but generally throw it on 270-300 shots. I want to like this disc and keep trying it in the bag but dont gel with it. Its a slightly longer but more touchy disc than my C-line MD3s. It isnt as much a workhorse mid like they are, and I cant really trust it in a wind situation but the easy distance is nice.

I am looking forward to trying a lucid-x version!

Yeah, for me the EMac Truth flies like a really touchy driver. If you put even a little bit too much arm on it the disc flips and doesn't come back. If you underthrow it the disc stalls out and dies short. For a mid this thing has a pretty narrow window of effectiveness. You have to get the power and release angle perfect or you're going to get a tragically bad shot.

I found myself botching way too many easy midrange drives when using the EMac Truth. I've thrown more than one of them, so I think the flight issues aren't constrained to 1 certain disc.

Simply put, the EMac Truth is way more trouble than its worth. It almost reminds me of a Panther. Flippy, long, and erratic for a mid.

Archer vs arrow? I really find the ETruth to be a very true, line holding mid. Put the power you should (for a mid) and it'll fly straight with a little fade. Put some power, you can get a little flip, sure. Put too much power behind and mid and it'll behave less than ideal.... Anyway, I'll likely pass on the Lucid X, since it'll likely fly like a Verdict..

Yeah I really like my Emac and rarely have any issues with it turning over. Maybe once or twice into a strong headwind, so it was more my fault. Normally it's nice & straight, likes a low line, and always fades predictably. It might be the most consistent disc in my bag.

Between the Emac, Verdict and Meteor, my mid lineup is locked in and I can't imagine switching. Usually bag a Mortar/Moab/Gator and a really beat Tursas for utility OS/US shots which rarely get used but they're valuable when I need them.

Yeah I really like my Emac and rarely have any issues with it turning over. Maybe once or twice into a strong headwind, so it was more my fault. Normally it's nice & straight, likes a low line, and always fades predictably. It might be the most consistent disc in my bag.

Between the Emac, Verdict and Meteor, my mid lineup is locked in and I can't imagine switching. Usually bag a Mortar/Moab/Gator and a really beat Tursas for utility OS/US shots which rarely get used but they're valuable when I need them.

Indeed. I keep an older Truth in the bag for US, but I am happy CC is doing LX for the Verdict. It's coming out right around my birthday so I will likely stock up :)

Do we know if they'll be released at various retailers? Or just DD? I'd like to use my 10% discount at DGC!

Got a couple lucid x emacs. Little dome to them which kind of bummed me out. Plastic is stiff and pretty. Flies stable, not quite a verdict but close.

Thanks for reporting in. I was curious how they molded up in Lucid-X. I might grab one if I can find a cheap misprint, but if not then I'm content throwing a Verdict in that slot.

Archer vs arrow? I really find the ETruth to be a very true, line holding mid. Put the power you should (for a mid) and it'll fly straight with a little fade. Put some power, you can get a little flip, sure. Put too much power behind and mid and it'll behave less than ideal.... Anyway, I'll likely pass on the Lucid X, since it'll likely fly like a Verdict..

I've changed my mind about this disc. The eMac/verdict combo have kicked the md3s out of my bag. This is a great do everything disc that would be my "one disc" round choice right now. It's not a disc you need to try to get 350' out of, but it's an easy distance disc that can work a variety of angles BH and FH for me. It isn't super torque resistant but responds well to controlled pulls.

Yeah, for me the EMac Truth flies like a really touchy driver. If you put even a little bit too much arm on it the disc flips and doesn't come back. If you underthrow it the disc stalls out and dies short. For a mid this thing has a pretty narrow window of effectiveness. You have to get the power and release angle perfect or you're going to get a tragically bad shot.

I've always thought the same about the EMac Truth, but I always chalked it up to Trilogy plastic being s**t because fresh EMacs have always been awesome.

I've always thought the same about the EMac Truth, but I always chalked it up to Trilogy plastic being s**t because fresh EMacs have always been awesome.

I'm not quite sure what the deal is. I bagged a Lucid EMac Truth for a bit. I loved it at first. It reminded me of a somewhat longer Buzzz. Then the disc just started flipping all over the place. I'd throw it flat and it'd track right the whole way and never come back. Windy conditions were also a nightmare.

I replaced it with a champion Roc3 and never looked back. I throw the Roc3 far more consistently/better than I ever did the EMac Truth.

It's hit or miss. I have had a few lucids for multiple years stay in the sweet spot. Contrarily, I have had new lucids turn flippy in months. I seek out flat ones, not sure it helps but those are the ones that stay consistent for me.

I think the problem with this disc is the advertised numbers make you treat it like a Roc3 or MD3 equivalent which it is not. Right now I am carrying 3 mids, lucid Verdict, lucid Emac, opto-x fuse. The Verdict is the Roc3/Md3 attempt and the emac is more like a mako3 with some finish. I would put a mako3 at more of a 5/5/-1/0

As someone familiar with innova and discmania ratings, I would rate the 3 as:
  • Verdict 5/5/0/2.5 (MD3/Roc3 in star or champ)
  • Emac 5/6/-1/1.5 (not sure what Innova would be, maybe a KC or DX Roc3)
  • Fuse 5/6/-2/0 (mako3L)

The disc is long for sure but is not super torque resistant and needs to be treated more like a DX roc3 than a champ roc3 which may not be what you buy it for.

I'm not quite sure what the deal is. I bagged a Lucid EMac Truth for a bit. I loved it at first. It reminded me of a somewhat longer Buzzz. Then the disc just started flipping all over the place. I'd throw it flat and it'd track right the whole way and never come back. Windy conditions were also a nightmare.

I replaced it with a champion Roc3 and never looked back. I throw the Roc3 far more consistently/better than I ever did the EMac Truth.

You just described my experience with all Trilogy plastic. Though, I do admit when new they have some pretty awesome discs. I switched my EMac for a Gateway Prophecy or back to Rocs/ Sentinels.

What I like about EMacs is how they're so straight to fade in flight.

I've been bagging the same sparkle Lucid Emac for the past 18 months and it still doesn't ever flip over on me, unless I'm tossing it into a headwind. I also bag a Biofuzion Emac that beat in almost instantly, and plenty of Trilogy drivers that I agree beat in fast. But I just haven't experienced what you guys are saying with a Lucid Emac Truth. Not sure if mine being a sparkle/metalflake variety matters or not.

Does anyone throw Classic truths? I got one recently and was hoping to beat it in into my understable mid. I also like really flatter discs and feel as though the board flatness will feel great to me.

I've been playing around with a sparkle lucid EMac my last couple of rounds and although it's very new looking (was pre-owned), it surprised me how much it will drift right a little if I get a good rip on it. Especially since it has Richard Petty's signature on it (it really does), I figured it would want to turn left more than right. :|

But it is extremely Buzzz-like. Fun disc to pipe tunnel holes with.

Anyone throw the lucid-x? I just got one a it has a higher PLH and a little dome. Wondering if it flies like a longer verdict.

I'm on the fence about the L-X Emacs. I like the thought of minimizing molds, but the Verdict feels identical to an Emac to me anyway so I'm not really sure if there's value in bagging 3 Emacs/0 Verdicts vs 2 Emac/1 Verdict. Plus my most beat-in Jawbreaker Zone is getting longer and straighter and taking more shots away from my Verdict anyway.

Ah, who am I kidding...I'll probably buy a couple.

Thanks for reporting in. I was curious how they molded up in Lucid-X. I might grab one if I can find a cheap misprint, but if not then I'm content throwing a Verdict in that slot.

Dang it. I was doing so good at not buying those Lucid-X Emacs, and then they had to come out with that sweet "bear in the woods" stamp on a glimmer L-X run. So I caved and bought a pair.

I hate overpaying for discs. I hate relying on limited runs. Logically, I knew I shouldn't do it...and yet I've got a pair on their way to my house. :\

Dang it. I was doing so good at not buying those Lucid-X Emacs, and then they had to come out with that sweet "bear in the woods" stamp on a glimmer L-X run. So I caved and bought a pair.

I hate overpaying for discs. I hate relying on limited runs. Logically, I knew I shouldn't do it...and yet I've got a pair on their way to my house. :\

I get this. Throwing limited run stuff and niche brands can make things difficult!

I get this. Throwing limited run stuff and niche brands can make things difficult!

From what I've seen/heard/read, LX Emacs fly like a slightly beat in Verdict. So at least they are replaceable whenever that is needed. But man...I sure do have a lot of Lucid-X in my bag for someone who is opposed to buying overpriced limited runs. LX Felon, Judge, Trespass (sometimes), and now likely Emac. Ugh. :wall:

Latest posts