• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

PMantle

* Ace Member *
Finally something is being done about this. I just saw this on Periscope. Emac talks about the newer Truths not flying like the first ones and not true to the numbers. The EMAC will retain the numbers of 5 5 0 2. Newer Truths will have new numbers of 5 5 -1 1. He was asked about similarities with the Compass, and said the EMAC would have more glide and potential distance. The video also discusses The Longbowman. 9 4 0 3 or something like that. I just watched once. https://www.periscope.tv/w/1YqGoPdaerNJv

Saw this, too. Love the retool, not a fan of the naming scheme. I have a feeling people will get confused, even with the different tooling and stamps. But we shall see...

Put Trilogy produces the most consistent blah, blah, blah........let's be honest. Every manufacturer has had these kind of issues. I did find that the Truth had a ton of variation (although my hybrid AM Worlds Truth was mighty fine).

I'm glad they're keeping the current Truth as well as the retooled (to be more like the original). As for naming I agree this will lead to confusion. I'd suggest:

"Truth" - for the current runs and a the labeling of 5 5 -1 1
"Truth Pro" for the retooled 5 5 0 2

It's nice that there will be more clearly defined variation in the truths. But this is going to make it confusing when dealing with the older truths. I am at work now, can't watch the video. Is there any mention as to whether both molds will be run in all plastics the current truths are offered in or will the Emac be lucid only? It'd be cooler to have all plastics for both.

It's nice that there will be more clearly defined variation in the truths. But this is going to make it confusing when dealing with the older truths. I am at work now, can't watch the video. Is there any mention as to whether both molds will be run in all plastics the current truths are offered in or will the Emac be lucid only? It'd be cooler to have all plastics for both.

He said probably all plastics except the softs and blends.

As for naming I agree this will lead to confusion. I'd suggest:

"Truth" - for the current runs and a the labeling of 5 5 -1 1
"Truth Pro" for the retooled 5 5 0 2
EMAC Truth is as good to go as a name as KC (Pro) Roc for a retool, I don't really see a problem here. There might be some stir with the earliest runs for sure, but it's a minor issue in my mind. Documenting it well enough is key.

Last edited:
How do I know what Truth I have now?

I have a Lucid that I've had for maybe 1.5-2 years. Love it. Want a backup. No idea if the retooled EMAC or stock one is what I need though now...

I have a Lucid that I've had for maybe 1.5-2 years. Love it. Want a backup. No idea if the retooled EMAC or stock one is what I need though now...

DD is pretty good when you contact them. I'd reach out and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Naming is confusing - but I guess it worked for Innova as well.

The question really is how it compares to the Compass. Especially in headwinds.

Last edited:

Does it turn at all at say, 310? if so, it's the newer less stable one.

A longer Truth?? Sheesh, that thing is already tickling fairway driver distance...

Not sure how much different the EMAC Truths will be from the OG mold, but I'm glad I still have a nice little stack of early run Truths in the garage. They're infinitely better than any of the newer run Truths that I've thrown.

This thread also reminds me that we need to bump the Classic Verdict thread!!

Where are you seeing that?
He was asked about similarities with the Compass, and said the EMAC would have more glide and potential distance.
I was misreading your quote. :doh: :p

I believe that Emac said it's longer than Compass, not Truth.
Got it. That makes a lot more sense.

I dunno. With as much overlap as Trilogy has with this type of 'stable' midrange (Claymore, Evidence, Compass) they should really just scrap the 'old' Truth mold and have the Truth be the Truth.

EMAC Truth is as good to go as a name as KC (Pro) Roc for a retool, I don't really see a problem here. There might be some stir with the earliest runs for sure, but it's a minor issue in my mind. Documenting it well enough is key.
I agree. eMac truth is fine.
Naming is confusing - but I guess it worked for Innova as well.

Just please don't name it the Truth3! :eek:

I was misreading your quote. :doh: :p

Got it. That makes a lot more sense.

I dunno. With as much overlap as Trilogy has with this type of 'stable' midrange (Claymore, Evidence, Compass) they should really just scrap the 'old' Truth mold and have the Truth be the Truth.

There really are a lot of close mids in the Trilogy lineup. Toss in the Core and Mace and it gets really fun.

This thread also reminds me that we need to bump the Classic Verdict thread!!
Absolutely. Or Westside finally decides to make a disc between the Bard and Warship. And a putter between the Shield and Swan...

Latest posts