• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

I throw lucid emacs that are flat. Have definitely noticed them being more domey the past year or so. You can find flat ones but they are outnumbered by the domey ones. The old truths with the eMac world championship stamp are generally flat and great but can be pricey. Look through some Lucids would be my advice!

Thanks for the reply! I'll see if I can dig up some of my old Lucids.

Not what I wanted to hear, though, especially since I buy discs online. :doh:

Thanks for the reply! I'll see if I can dig up some of my old Lucids.

Not what I wanted to hear, though, especially since I buy discs online. :doh:

Most retailers will send profile pics if you ask. A little extra effort, but takes away some of the risk of getting a bad disc.

Have you thrown Star Roc3's? I haven't thrown many but have found that they seem to be more stable-OS. They power up extremely well and resist wind extremely well. I keep waffling about keeping one in the bag or maybe just for breezy days.

I think the Emac is pretty different from Roc3's to me, I have a real hard time powering down Emacs but they are fast and love to go on lower ceilings. Almost a fairway driver flight path but in a midrange. I don't think I throw hard enough to use them as my workhorse mid, only for certain shots, but I think if I could easily throw mids 330-360' then I would really consider them and they would encroach on a lot of my fairway driver shots but with a very tight flight path.

Yes, actually a Star Roc3 was one of the first discs I bought and I bagged it for a year as my workhorse mid. The Glow Roc3 had a touch more stability for me than Star or Champion, and for me was the closest in stability to a Lucid Emac Truth. Star and champ would flip in headwinds unless I gave them significant hyzer. RocX3 would hold headwind lines better but I couldn't throw it nearly as far as my other mids. I've found the Verdict/Emac combo much better for me. I can throw Emacs in more wind conditions than Roc3's and can really rip on them when I need some extra distance (up to 300' for me, although I prefer them at the 250'-275' range). Plus I can throw Verdicts on the same lines I could throw my RocX3, but with minimal distance loss.

I know there are guys out there that can crush Rocs, so clearly this is an archer not arrow problem. But that being said, my Verdicts and Emacs do the things I want them to do much more reliably than my Roc3s/RocX3 did. Why work hard to get an arrow to do what I want when another arrow does it easier? I'm squarely on Team DD Mids.

I know there are guys out there that can crush Rocs, so clearly this is an archer not arrow problem. But that being said, my Verdicts and Emacs do the things I want them to do much more reliably than my Roc3s/RocX3 did. Why work hard to get an arrow to do what I want when another arrow does it easier? I'm squarely on Team DD Mids.

Yeah that's fair, I think the Roc3 might need a lot of spin/leverage to cut through the wind. I lean on the Verdict a lot, it's probably my favourite mid. My Star Roc3 is actually a bit more HSS than the Verdict with a different type of fade...I like the Verdict more but the Roc3 is slightly easier to range. The Verdict for me is just easier to throw, it doesn't really mess up ever and doesn't stable up too much on me whereas that star Roc3 will get beefy if I miss my shot.

Normal champ Roc3's that I'm used to seeing are so much straighter than that star I have, and some other stars I've tried. It's weird. So compared to that stability range I agree the Verdict and a stable Emac would be much better in the wind. The Emac has a very useful power range, I just don't like throwing it at the low end of it.

Yeah that's fair, I think the Roc3 might need a lot of spin/leverage to cut through the wind. I lean on the Verdict a lot, it's probably my favourite mid. My Star Roc3 is actually a bit more HSS than the Verdict with a different type of fade...I like the Verdict more but the Roc3 is slightly easier to range. The Verdict for me is just easier to throw, it doesn't really mess up ever and doesn't stable up too much on me whereas that star Roc3 will get beefy if I miss my shot.

Normal champ Roc3's that I'm used to seeing are so much straighter than that star I have, and some other stars I've tried. It's weird. So compared to that stability range I agree the Verdict and a stable Emac would be much better in the wind. The Emac has a very useful power range, I just don't like throwing it at the low end of it.

If my Star Roc3 flew like the one(s) you have, then I likely never would've even tried out Emacs. My Star and Champ were essentially identical though, and I only ever bought one in each plastic. So who knows, maybe I got an oddly wind-prone Star Roc3, or maybe I just don't throw with enough spin. I probably should've clarified to say my preferred throw is low and flat, and both the Verdict and Emac Truth seem to excel at low lines compared to other mids. I always felt that the Roc3 needed a touch more air to behave properly for me, whereas I don't have to think about how to throw an Emac Truth or Verdict...they're just point and shoot after calculating for fade. Very easy discs to throw.

Have you thrown Star Roc3's? I haven't thrown many but have found that they seem to be more stable-OS. They power up extremely well and resist wind extremely well. I keep waffling about keeping one in the bag or maybe just for breezy days.

I think the Emac is pretty different from Roc3's to me, I have a real hard time powering down Emacs but they are fast and love to go on lower ceilings. Almost a fairway driver flight path but in a midrange. I don't think I throw hard enough to use them as my workhorse mid, only for certain shots, but I think if I could easily throw mids 330-360' then I would really consider them and they would encroach on a lot of my fairway driver shots but with a very tight flight path.

I agree with all of this. The Emac Truth was definitely faster/longer than a Roc3 for me. It was also noticeably more understable at high speed. Reaching back for max yardage with the Emac would cause it to flip wildly. I have no such problems with the Roc3. It will stay perfectly straight no matter how hard I throw it. What ultimately doomed the Emac for me was the high speed flippiness. I started throwing it fairly wildly. I was willing to lose a little distance and throw the Roc3 far more accurately instead.

I have noticed that an Emac in moonshine that is flatter is NOT as stable as one with a firmer pop top.

I carry one of each in my bag and the beef for wind is the firm pop top one, had to finger through a dozen or so to find it. There were others with pop but softer tops that don't seem to fly much different than flatter ones.

^^^ This is not what I want to hear.

I just want to go to an online site, pick disc, plastic, weight, color, and hit the order button. If I have to look for special runs I start looking for another disc to throw.

^^^ This is not what I want to hear.

I just want to go to an online site, pick disc, plastic, weight, color, and hit the order button. If I have to look for special runs I start looking for another disc to throw.

Good luck then, most brands outside 98% of Discraft/ and most DGA discs I have had to search for the right disc to find one that works for me.

Good luck then, most brands outside 98% of Discraft/ and most DGA discs I have had to search for the right disc to find one that works for me.

What can I say - I am a perpetual optimist. And a stubborn one. :D

MVP/Axiom seems to be able to mold discs with impressive consistency. I just wish they made the Axis about 10 grams lighter . . .

Anyone throwing Emacs in Classic plastic? Do they mold up flat like Primes, or do they have some dome like Lucids and Fuzions?

Anyone throwing Emacs in Classic plastic? Do they mold up flat like Primes, or do they have some dome like Lucids and Fuzions?

The classic ones that I've seen have been SUPER FLAT and when thrown, end up being almost verdict OS out of the box, but within a few rounds, will begin to season as most classic plastic will, and it becomes more of that EMac flight path that you're expecting

Wondering if anyone has tried the lucid x plastic truths on dynamics website.... they are straight up truths but curious as to flatness and stability compared to your average eMac

The Emac Truth is one of the most consistent discs I've thrown. Depending on power I know exactly where it is going and where it will fade. The comfort in the hand is a huge plus.

I lost my favorite Emac Truth - it was red Lucid plastic and just flew like a laser beam. FH and BH to 300+ with no turn and barely any fade.

I now have FOUR other Emac Truths, one moonshine and 3 lucid, and none of them fly like it did. They all have some turn, especially on forehand where they seem to crash to the ground. Could be a form issue, but I'm forehanding Darts okay in practice. Hopefully my unicorn Truth will make it back to me some day!

The EMac Truth is one of those molds I wanted to like, but didn't. Its simply finicky. Thrown hard, it flips over randomly and never comes back. I had a lot better luck with champion Roc3s. They stay flat on hard throws much better than EMac Truths.

Also, the EMac Truth is too long. I hate to say something like that about a mid, but the thing flies faster and longer than most other mids. I was finding myself overshooting lots of normal midrange shots with the EMac.

This disc seems to work best when thrown about 60-70% power. Any harder than that and you'll run into accuracy problems. FWIW, I can get an EMac Truth out to about 350'. That's noticeably longer than a Roc3 or Buzzz will fly for me.

EMac is switching from the Trespass to the E-Truth for his Lucid X signature disc. A little bummed about it, means I gotta stock up on the Trespasses. Also think it might just turn into a verdict at that point? Either way, could be cool.

I thought I heard another member is going to do the Verdict as their tour series disc (forgot who). Anyone know when tour series Lucid X discs drop?

EMac is switching from the Trespass to the E-Truth for his Lucid X signature disc. A little bummed about it, means I gotta stock up on the Trespasses. Also think it might just turn into a verdict at that point? Either way, could be cool.

I thought I heard another member is going to do the Verdict as their tour series disc (forgot who). Anyone know when tour series Lucid X discs drop?

Clemons' 2020 sig disc is the Lucid-X Verdict. Verdict and Warden set to release Feb 27th, all other tour series discs drop end of March.

I lost my favorite Emac Truth - it was red Lucid plastic and just flew like a laser beam. FH and BH to 300+ with no turn and barely any fade.

I now have FOUR other Emac Truths, one moonshine and 3 lucid, and none of them fly like it did. They all have some turn, especially on forehand where they seem to crash to the ground. Could be a form issue, but I'm forehanding Darts okay in practice. Hopefully my unicorn Truth will make it back to me some day!
i assume it was an more overstable run of emac you had. try to find mcbride glow emacs.

The EMac Truth is one of those molds I wanted to like, but didn't. Its simply finicky. Thrown hard, it flips over randomly and never comes back. I had a lot better luck with champion Roc3s. They stay flat on hard throws much better than EMac Truths.

Also, the EMac Truth is too long. I hate to say something like that about a mid, but the thing flies faster and longer than most other mids. I was finding myself overshooting lots of normal midrange shots with the EMac.

This disc seems to work best when thrown about 60-70% power. Any harder than that and you'll run into accuracy problems. FWIW, I can get an EMac Truth out to about 350'. That's noticeably longer than a Roc3 or Buzzz will fly for me.

This is almost my exact experience, except I can sometimes get this disc out to 330 but generally throw it on 270-300 shots. I want to like this disc and keep trying it in the bag but dont gel with it. Its a slightly longer but more touchy disc than my C-line MD3s. It isnt as much a workhorse mid like they are, and I cant really trust it in a wind situation but the easy distance is nice.

I am looking forward to trying a lucid-x version!

Latest posts