• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Epic tree incident today

OcDiscGolf

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So I was playing HB Central Park today. I gave my 169 GL Flow that Ive been bombing to a buddy to try on Hole 9. He threw a huge turnover that went about 40 feet up and kept holding the anny line. It started to Fade back at about 330 and went right into a tree 25 feet up.

So we get down there and set to work. First my softball got stuck. Then 2 large sticks. Then a baseball... On top of the disc. 3 water bottles later and we gave up. My buddy felt bad but I found the whole thing incredibly funny. The most epic tree incident I have seen to date.

I let my buddy borrow a few discs to play at Blackbear in hoffman estates... He threw a champion beast into a birds nest.

We both saw it land, and never drop...

:\

coolstorybro2.jpg

good story, but not epic. I saw a guy 100 ft up in a scrawny pine getting his disc back. That thing was swaying back and forth like the great white ninja (chris farley). That was an epic sight.

but good story.

My record is 5, that is, having 5 discs in a tree when I originally started out with one. Got them all out eventually.

I was playing at The Rez in Jackson, MS on day and something similar happened to me. There was a hole that went right by one of the tallest pine trees I have seen in our area. I threw a Gateway Assasin on a huge S to see it get stuck about 60 feet up in the tree. The funniest part was how we got it down. We taped together 3 8 ft fishing poles, a coup sticks, some other metal rods we found in the back of the truck. I stood on my dads shoulders on top of the cab of our truck poking at the disc. After a case of gatorade, a couple burgers, and 2 hours of this, the dis finally fell.

Who would put a tree on a disc golf course? Lol