• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ergo3 vs Simian

Ergo three is smaller and lighter and has less storage. Simion has way more storage and the seat is more comfy

For what it's worth, I've owned a Simian for over a year and a half and am utterly in love with it. The stool was a big selling point for me, and I can't overstate how comfortable it is. Tons of space, but also accommodates a smaller set up well given how compartmentalized the layout is. Darn good bag that I'd enthusiastically recommend to anyone.

I did a video review when I first got it. Video quality is crappy, but I think it's informative. Maybe it'll help!

I have an Ergo 2 and like it, but am intrigued by the built-in seat concept. The comfort of the stool would be rather key or why bother? Would be curious to hear more about the difference in that respect. I do like that the Ergo is made with aluminum vs PVC. I too would be interested in more thoughts anyone may have to share.

The seat isn't awful. Yay it's not the most comfortable thing but neither is a tripod stool. I have towel that is attached to the d ring on and actually drape it over the seat and through the "umbrella holder" since it hangs too low and drags if I don't. I also rolled two extra towel up and instead of putting them inside the side pockets I put them in the rainfly pouch under it. It doesn't help a whole bunch but the extra support under it seems to be better. Between both of those things it works just fine and is comfortable enough to use during tourneys and casual play. It's way more convenient that folding and unfolding a tripod chair. I used to always have one when I carried my grip but never used it because of that. I love the ergo 3 over my grip and my flak x.

It's not uncomfortable enough to do any mods in my opinion

Simian is great if you can handle the wait. I can carry as few discs as I want, or I can easily get 20+. Lots of storage options, huge and well insulated water bottle holders, comfy seat...I could go on and on but its a great bag. The only negative I see is the long line of orders ahead of you if you decide to order one.

Another question about the Simian. I noted that it doesn't appear to have feet. An image I saw seemed to show the front corners on the bottom showing wear through the first layer of cordura. Seems like if one will be sitting on it that it would benefit from some reinforcement on the pressure points under the frame. How are others holding up in this regard? Thanks.