• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Evolution of DG

sunkissd

Bogey Member
Disc golf is an activity in which the mind, body and soul ignite a consciousness of awesome.

I'm into things like multiple dimensions and parallels, space-time relevance and energy. I like to think we humans have the ability to transcend all of the above if we learn to tap into our basic instinctive knowledge along with the ever evolving realm of technology...

What do you think the future has in store for disc golf? I'm talkin' years, decades, light-years from now? Will we be able to control the discs with our minds???

Last edited:
Disc golf is an activity in which the mind, body and soul ignite a consciousness of awesome.

I'm into things like multiple dimensions and parallels, space-time relevance and energy. I like to think we humans have the ability to transcend all of the above if we learn to tap into our basic instinctive knowledge along with the ever evolving realm of technology...

What do you think the future has in store for disc golf? I'm talkin' years, decades, light-years from now? Will we be able to control the discs with our minds???

I assume you know all the lyrics to "Tears In My Fro"?

Light years measure distance, not time. To clarify what your sentence actually says is: "I'm talkin' years, decades, 5.88 trillion miles from now." Just sayin

I think we will eventually control discs with our brain/mind. As dormant neural pathways become active and some of our "junk/dormant" DNA kicks in, we will be able to do and accomplish things and perform tasks without lifting a finger. When we finally arrive at that point, there will probably be disc golf courses that challenge our mental abilities and stretch our perception of disc golf course design and there will be no reason that a 60 year old golfer can't win a tournament full of 25 year old players. Mind over matter....... man.

Light years measure distance, not time. To clarify what your sentence actually says is: "I'm talkin' years, decades, 5.88 trillion miles from now." Just sayin

Thank you.

As dormant neural pathways become active and some of our "junk/dormant" DNA kicks in, we will be able to do and accomplish things and perform tasks without lifting a finger.

Imagine work nights on the course. Everybody with their own idea of how the course should be developed, and nobody even needs to lift a finger to implement their ideas. Chaos!

I don't see disc golf's future being very bright if we all start looking at it like we were Terrence McKenna.

That works, too. We have to find another planet to inhabit within the next billion years before Earth's orbit destabilizes, anyway. Even if some of the other planets or moons in this solar system work out, we'll outgrow them.

So, we are talkin' light years from now. Don't you think one of the selection criteria should be enough atmosphere to make discs fly?

You think working with a park planning commission is tough, try working with a planetary planning commission. We'd better start lobbying now.

Last edited:
That works, too. We have to find another planet to inhabit within the next billion years before Earth's orbit destabilizes, anyway. Even if some of the other planets or moons in this solar system work out, we'll outgrow them.

So, we are talkin' light years from now. Don't you think one of the selection criteria should be enough atmosphere to make discs fly?

You think working with a park planning commission is tough, try working with a planetary planning commission. We'd better start lobbying now.

I might finally be able to break the 300' barrier on the moon... woohoo!!

Didn't notice... is the OP from Denver by chance? Just sayin'.

I am literally into multiple dimensions too, and I find both space and time relevant.

In the far far future of discgolf there will be a small niche of players who eschew all of the technology that has been packed into a disc and play in the wooded regions of earth using early 21st century plastic blends.

Well, I do know that if someone says "nice shot!" it causes my disc to immediately hit a tree... :)

I feel like this thread is landfill bound. I hope it is at least. Wow.

Latest posts