• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F-series drivers are out

This may be a silly question that I really should already know the answer to, but, how does one easily remove the flashing? I tried sandpaper, and maybe it was too fine, but it was not doing much at all. I would not mind if my F2 flew like an Eagle and not a Trident/Pred.

get a sponge/sandpaper block, about the size of a pack of cigarettes. sand away. the sand paper will give you the smoothest and most consistent result.

get a sponge/sandpaper block, about the size of a pack of cigarettes. sand away. the sand paper will give you the smoothest and most consistent result.

I may have to try this as the only reason I'm not throwing that disc more is because of that flashing. I just don't want to go too far with it, but I suppose of I sue a fine grip and am careful I should be ok

Well I don't think the F1, F2 or F3 would kick your Leopard out of the bag since they are designed to be much more stable. Maybe the F2 or F3 could kick your TeeBird out of the bag... if you wanted something comparable to the Leopard the closest Prodigy fairway would be the F7.

Very true, tbh I didn't even expect the F3 to be as understable as a Leo. I just meant that they didn't do anything better than my stable/OS fairways do already.

Very true, tbh I didn't even expect the F3 to be as understable as a Leo. I just meant that they didn't do anything better than my stable/OS fairways do already.

Yeah I hear you. I had kind of assumed that the first Prodigy fairway I would pick up would be the F3 because I figured it would be close to neutral in terms of the stability which would work well with my arm/technique but I really haven't heard anything inspiring about it so far, might just skip over it and go with the F2 and F7.

Similar experience as everyone with the F7. RHBH. 176grams. green. I'm good for about 375-400 with a distance driver for reference. It isn't as flippy as expected, but that reality was just fine considering how much glide it got. Flat releases about 8 feet high turned to rollers. Slight hyzer release flips to a smooth left to right between 6-8 feet high. 80% power moderate hyzer became a straight as an arrow with surprisingly little fade at end of flight about 6 feet high. Hard as I can with a ton of hyzer on a higher line, like 12-15 feet high by 50 ft out slowly flipped and turned a little, about 15 feet, and then slowly worked back and faded about 18 feet back. My max distances were about 325.

I threw the F3 as well. 174 gram, wine colored. Reminded me of my champ TL a bit maybe a little less stable. I topped at abt 300 ft. It held straight for quite a while before a moderate end fade. I liked this for forehands a lot too. Felt comfortable. I haven't had too much chance with this disc yet, but it was nice and easy to learn. I didn't have many issues with it as some have mentioned.

I'd say from my experiences of about 25 throws with F7 and about 15 throws with F3:

F3 - 7 5 -1 2
F7 - 7 6 -3 2

Hope this helps. Both will stay in bag for a while, F7 to stay and we'll see abt the F3

Well I went out to a field with my new F2, and the first throw with it I have to say, I was a little disappointed. I tested it against my Saints and they fly almost the same exact line only the F2 had far less glide and was routinely 30-40 feet shorter than the Saint. The F2 had significantly more high speed turn than I expected, and the thing hates headwind. The real bit*h about it is I can throw my M3's just about as far. (370~) I can't really see a spot in my bag for it. Maybe I got a dud. I don't know. I love the way it feels however, and the plastic is grade A. I'll take it to a course and see how it preforms there before I make a final judgement on it. I took video too, but you can't really see the disc or I would post it.

Edit: It also weighed in at 178 grams.

Sounds like my Patriots and Teebirds aren't going anywhere.

The F7 may surprise you...super multipurpose. Flat nose, yet still stays in the air forever, rolls well too...but I wouldn't replace my Rival or TL with the F3 if one had to go. Right now I still have the last spot in the bag for it.

Am I the only one that thinks the F2 flies like a firebird (not the FAF ones, but the older ones)? It might have been that I went straight from GGGT to the course to throw and it had an INSANE amount of flashing, but I was hoping for a more stable teebird. It's not that I don't have the arm for it either...I'm hitting just under 500 with destroyers.
I just used a couple different grades of sandpaper from work and got the flashing under control. Hopefully that takes some of the beefyness out of it. *fingers crossed* otherwise, it's marketplace for this thing.

Sounds like we have the exact opposite F2's Ricta lol.

I really hope it was just the ridiculous flashing. "Easy release technology" ...not on my F2! More like "Rip your skin off technology"

I went through a couple stacks of them too. They were all like that at GGGT

I really hope it was just the ridiculous flashing. "Easy release technology" ...not on my F2! More like "Rip your skin off technology"

I went through a couple stacks of them too. They were all like that at GGGT
I did away with the flashing before I threw mine. Iv'e never seen flashing have that much of an effect on disc flight though. I'm going to try and throw another one and see if I got a fluke. I agree that the flashing is terrible.

This is why I will be waiting for them to come out of first run design. Im still convinced they still have inconsistent run issues with the drivers. Picked up a new 164g D4 400s(?), or however they number them, and its more OS than my D1 and im normally up to a 400 ft guy. The mids are on point imo. Sorry to take it OT.

The F1,F2,and F3 are my first Prodigy discs. The F1 and the F3 did not make the bag. Still not sure if the F2 will. It seems to fly like a overstable Teebird. Which I already have in the bag. I will give it another week.

F7 has been great so far. Tee'd off with it on almost all 27 holes yesterday and it flew on the same line every single time. Great disc powered down and after more use it could be my most consistent flyer. Definitely not as flippy as some have made it sound.

F7 has been great so far. Tee'd off with it on almost all 27 holes yesterday and it flew on the same line every single time. Great disc powered down and after more use it could be my most consistent flyer. Definitely not as flippy as some have made it sound.

I love to hear this. I should be getting mine tomorrow after work. :thmbup:

Latest posts