• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F-series drivers are out

So spent all weekend throwing all these bad boys

F1 is pretty solid. I was throwing it on all my firebird shots and it was working great. My firebird is my everything when it comes to my flick game and I didn't think about grabbing it on any of my flick holes today.. It's a little shorter then my FB and a little straighter, but I could see myself keeping it around for a while.

F2 is again a solid disc. It reminds me of my metal flake Teebird I throw a lot but with better glide. Little bit of turn and a nice healthy fade. Holds up great into a wind, for some nice controlled flex shots, but I was loving this disc for the soft controlled hyzers in the 320-350 range. Really thrown hard and flat would turn some but a nice forward fade to the end everytime. I see this as a potential workhorse behind my PD already.

F3 was just weird. I don't think I've had a good result with it yet. Either I have a bad shot with it for some reason, or the few times I actually got a solid rip with it, it just wouldn't glide. I couldn't keep this disc in the air.. I need more throws with it before I write it off and probably take off the flashing too.

F7 was by far my favorite of the bunch! This thing was money all weekend for me, was throwing flat controlled shots at about 80% and it would turn barely and then barely fade out to about 350-370. A lot of hyzer for a flip straight with a nice forward finish, little hyzer for a little bit of turn with a little bit of fade, and hard and flat for a nice solid turnover shot. Reminds me of a driver version of the M4, love it!

The F2 and F7 will have a place in the bag after I get used to them, these two will make a awesome combo after the both get seasoned a little bit. These are the first two discs in a long time I bought for just testing that I could actually just feel them sticking in my bag setup more and more after every throw.

^sounds like we had similar results!! now i dont think im crazy!! f3 was wierd i think towards the end of my field session i started to dial it in as far as release angles and power needed.

F7 doesn't sound as flippy as I had initially thought of it being. Sounds like if you get the right hyzer release it will bomb for a pretty straight flight.

F7 doesn't sound as flippy as I had initially thought of it being. Sounds like if you get the right hyzer release it will bomb for a pretty straight flight.
Yup. Fun disc. Totally agree should be everyone's first go at the f series then f2.

Well I got out to throw the F1, F2 and F3. The F1 was pretty overstable for my needs but it worked great for thumbers. The F2 flew like a new Champ Teebird. The F3 had a nice straight flight with little fade. I dont feel like they will make the bag as I already have discs that fly very similar. But I will give them a few more times out. Favorite out of the three would be the F2.

Keep one thing in mind, at least my F2, has a lot of flashing on the bottom of the rim. So much so that it feels like its going to cut into my fingers. Its probably causing these disc to fly more OS than they really are.

As for the River comparison I would say they're totally different discs, a River is Understable to stable I would say. An F1 and F2 should both be pretty over so they should be landing a lot farther left than a River is.

This may be a silly question that I really should already know the answer to, but, how does one easily remove the flashing? I tried sandpaper, and maybe it was too fine, but it was not doing much at all. I would not mind if my F2 flew like an Eagle and not a Trident/Pred.

I've used sandpaper on discs in the past, and it took significantly longer than I expected. I'd say just be patient and work on it.

If your course has wooden benches, just swirl it around on it applying a little pressure and the flash wears off easily.

If your course has wooden benches, just swirl it around on it applying a little pressure and the flash wears off easily.

I've heard the same thing just instead do it on the teepad...I've tried it it didn't work so well and made the bottom of the disc look like crap....we do have picnic tables???

I always just try to put as much spin on it as I could walking around, and just throwing so it lands flat on the ground/ teepad/ parking lot/ dirt and just spins... Just do this as you walk around. It'll be off decently quick.

On Innova discs (where the sharp flash is conveniently on the bottom of the lip) I use my pocket knife. Back and forth action, don't angle the blade into the disc, at most straight up and down. You'll get a feel for how the flashing whitens up and starts to flake off and how much pressure to use.

When I'm done I rub it firmly on rough carpet, but fine grit sandpaper would work better.

I've done this with L64 too, they have similar flash location to Prodigy, it just takes a different knife angle.

I tried the Teepad thing once and pressed too hard/F'd up the disc. I would never recommend it, it's rough and sloppy even when you do it right.

Last edited:
I picked up an F1, F2 and F3. All of them seem rather glideless and much more overstable than I expected. I was having trouble pushing them much over 310 or without giving them some height and OAT.
I'll give em another shot later this week, as of right now I'm not impressed enough to have them kick my TB's and Leo's out of my bag.

I picked up an F1, F2 and F3. All of them seem rather glideless and much more overstable than I expected. I was having trouble pushing them much over 310 or without giving them some height and OAT.
I'll give em another shot later this week, as of right now I'm not impressed enough to have them kick my TB's and Leo's out of my bag.

Well I don't think the F1, F2 or F3 would kick your Leopard out of the bag since they are designed to be much more stable. Maybe the F2 or F3 could kick your TeeBird out of the bag... if you wanted something comparable to the Leopard the closest Prodigy fairway would be the F7.

Latest posts