• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F-series drivers are out

Is the f2 noticeable more stable than the f3. Thinking I should have snagged an f2 instead. I'm hoping for a Teebird ish.

Anyone out there who can compare an F3 to a Stag in either plastic?

The F1 feels as overstable as a Firebird would be.

The F2 feels that it could have the Flight of a Eagle.

The F3 feels like it could be like a TL/Stalker type of disc

The F4 could be the next longer Leopard.

This is just from feeling them up,heck they could probably fly a lot different than what I have described.

well broke down and snagged a f2 today. took the f2 and f3 to the course today as my only drivers.
I also did about 15 minutes of field work. I throw in the 350 range. I have been hoping for slower discs as i am blessed with tiny hands. these go far.

f3. ill agree with something tl ish. nice and straight would turn for me a little with a flat release, but worked its way out of it quickly and the fade is not too early. Fun disc to throw and a solid speed 7. Im excited about this one. with a little hyzer it flipped up and rode it straight out to about 290 before the fade kicked in landing about 320 about 10 feet to the left of center.

f2. wow surprised me a few times. again the eagle x comparison was pretty acurate. I could get this out to about 300. more stable than i expected the first few throws. Once i dialed it in on release it would go straight with a healthy fade. released flat and hard i found i could get a smidgen of turn (prolly oat in there too) There are a few holes on the course that require low shots that fade hard left. this disc nailed that line both rounds for me today. it has a nice skip when thrown low and hard. Flex lines were awesome.

I think after throwing volts and speed 8/9 these felt great in the hand to me. Looking forward to discing down and I think leopard f3 f2 will be a fun driver combo for a bit.

now i want to try the f7. the plastic feels good, it will take me a bit to adjust to the gumminess.

i hate that the 1 is most overstable and the big number means understable. if they want to make another mold it has to be more understable than the f7 for example. since a more overstable f1 would be a -1 and discs with -'s on them anywhere cant be overstable says the laws of discs law. so really i wish that the higher number was more overstable so eventually when the ullebarrys and shostick and nicco and the rest of those chuckers are old and fat and prodigy is like DANG we need a new disc then BOOM the f10, so overstable its actually a boomerang. i would buy that.

anyways any news on the f6 ? supposed to be killer.

now i want to try the f7. the plastic feels good, it will take me a bit to adjust to the gumminess.

I got my new F7s in the mail and took them right to the course. I had 2 green 174gs. This disc immediately has a spot in the bag. Leopards, goodbye. Powered down, held a beautiful hyzer. 50% power, lazer beam straight. Hyzer flip machine! Full power with just a bit of anny, roller city. Teebirds, F7. Only fairways that anyone needs. Plus the plastic is just diiiiiiirty. If they made teebirds in this prodigy plastic, it would be game over. :thmbup: :clap: .... FINALLY something I like from prodigy.

i hate that the 1 is most overstable and the big number means understable. if they want to make another mold it has to be more understable than the f7 for example. since a more overstable f1 would be a -1 and discs with -'s on them anywhere cant be overstable says the laws of discs law. so really i wish that the higher number was more overstable so eventually when the ullebarrys and shostick and nicco and the rest of those chuckers are old and fat and prodigy is like DANG we need a new disc then BOOM the f10, so overstable its actually a boomerang. i would buy that.

anyways any news on the f6 ? supposed to be killer.

dudewhat.png

^you may like the f2 also then.

Thrown the F2. Not for me. I used to bag eagles, but have switched to teebirds. Most of the courses I play need pretty straight flights. Not a lot of room for S shaped flights. And on the few holes that are open enough for that type of flight, they are longer holes and Im using the Saint for that shot. If I still threw eagles, Im pretty sure I would switch to the F2 just because of the plastic.