• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F7 in different plastics

spinachd

Eagle Member
Any F7 aficionados out there?

I bag a 300 F7. I've had one before, and it was my favorite roller disc. This one is not quite where I where I want it yet but it soon will be.

I am thinking about moving to this disc for straight fairway shots. Right now I bag the FD, but it would be nice to have the same rim for more shots. How do the other plastics compare?

I saw that the 200 is very flat, which is certainly very different. How does it fly?

The 400 and 400G look about to have the same shape as the 300. Are they inherently more stable than the 300, or do they simply not change as quickly?

Many thanks!

I've only thrown the 400g. I have a lightweight one (160g) that I got when I recently started playing again after a 4 year layoff. I'm at high altitude now also, so the discs I used to turn over don't turn as much now. Anyway, I love this disc for flip-up shots, turnover shots, and backhand rollers. The plastic feels really good. A little more grippy than Star, but not all gummy like GStar. It's pretty flat too. For reference I only throw 300 feet typically, but I get more distance when I use it to throw rollers.