• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade tourney

JReynolds

Eagle Member
Thinking about getting a fade tourney bag, with some phenix quads.... I carry about 17 discs with me... What do you guys think of this setup? You like the bag and straps, anything to watch out for, or better bags/straps for 15-20 discs?

I love my tourney, and am getting a new set of quads for it in the morning. I haven't had any problems with seams tearing or anything, and I play quite often and am pretty rough on my equipment.

im selling/trading one in the marketplace. i loved it! i had 22 drivers in mine and 2 putters in the pocket. i could get 24 drivers and 3 putters in the pocket but i only did that once and it was damn near impossible to get the drivers out. it was a great bag. i got a deal on an innova discarrier so i no longer have aneed for my tourney. great bag. tougher than steel. i had/have the DGA gelz and i also love those to. it feels like they are made out of one of those gel bike seats(you know what im talking about right...man i hope) when they are on you. super cumfy and highly adjustable. wouldnt use any other straps and wouldnt mind another tourney after this discarrier!

I love my Fade, I bought a pink one for less money a while back on DGC and I love it. The dividers suck but I think the dividers suck on most bags. Nice storage, balanced well, and the strap that comes with it is nice. I hate backpack straps so I have no idea. One option is to grow some man muscles and not get backpack straps.

Straps..Yes! Bag? I've never owned it, but I had the Innova competition bag. The Fade bag seems better in a similar price range. I have heard great things about it.
I went from the Innova to the Revo Carolina bag. Now I have a Simian. But we don't need to get too ahead of ourselves here with prices jumping drastically. For the price I believe Fade is the one. If you wanna pay a bit more and get super durable bullet proof US made, go with Revolution Carolina or GorillaBoy Silverback.

Sorry cyclone... When you carry a bigger bag with just a shoulder strap, looks like your carrying a diaper bag... Plus, the backpack straps are gonna make those 36+ hole days a lot easier

Sorry cyclone... When you carry a bigger bag with just a shoulder strap, looks like your carrying a diaper bag... Plus, the backpack straps are gonna make those 36+ hole days a lot easier

I thought 36 hole days were already easy... At any rate, this is disc golf, not a sport or dating, why should you care about fitness? Rock those backpack straps!

DGC has camo tourneys for 49.99 and free shipping.

One option is to grow some man muscles and not get backpack straps.

Muscle has nothing to do with backpack style straps. It's about comfort. The reason I'm getting quads is because I have a bad back and having all the weight of my bag on one shoulder doesn't do my back any good. And wearing the strap across your chest is just not convenient.

Last edited:
Love my FADE tourney. I got the Fly or Die version (black w/some crazy skull graphics on the side pockets.) I don't like the skull crap so I just blacked them out with a thick sharpie. You can still see them, but they aren't as noticeable. At some point I'd like to sew a small open pocket over them (the ugly graphics) for my notepad that I keep my scores in.

I have the Phenix Quads for mine and couldn't be happier. I even sewed a couple elastic loops on them so I can use a camelbak hose hooked up to a camelbak "better bottle". Works awesome.

Straps: hell yes! Bag, highly recommended, it just wasnt for me, these bags are built well and compete with the 1000d cordura the more higher end bags are made of. I sported with a psycho tourney a month ago and it was a great bag but the storage was limited, so i made a sacrifice with my PS3, now i rock a voodoo karma, all the space ill ever need and more, and will for sure last me about 10 years. but the FADE tourney will not let you down, an awesome bag if you dont need the huge storage like i did. As for the quads, love them! my first set i ever bought and make my bag feel like nothing on my back, im pretty sure phenix has their lastimer design patented and thats why they are the best on the market but im really psyched for the voodoo strait jacket straps in the works, and may give those a shot, btw jump on that deal in the market place, the black hole were LE and thats a hell of a price for one

Great bag, and it works well with the phenix straps.
I highly recommend plasti-dipping the bottom though - it'll increase the durability 10x. There are some other threads on the plasti-dip if you want more info.

I will be plasti-dipping the bottom... Thanks for all the feedback... And cyclone- thats how I feel, I will never be Climo or Feldberg, so I'm gonna be comfortable, huck some discs, and have fun

Sorry for the slight threadjack, but you should post a picture of this in the bad modification thread. A few of us have been curious about doing something like this.

Ask an ye shall receive. I've actually been meaning to do that for awhile. Thanks for the kick in the pants I needed to finally do it. Haha.

I have the FADE Tournament bag and am very happy with it. I think it is the best deal for the price. I also bought the FADE back straps with the rain hood built in.

I just wanted to let you know about some differences with more expensive bags.
1) the side pockets are half width, since they share the space with the water bottle holders. Some bags have full width pockets and then the water bottles are mounted to those.
2) the putter pocket is in the front and not the side, like on a Latitude 64 bag
These would be the two features I would change.

Latest posts