• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Weathergradaud Backpack Straps

jsun3thousand

Banned
I have some exciting news: Fade Gear has released their own set of Backpack Straps! What makes them even cooler? There's a pocket on the back with a removable WeatherGuard wrap that can extend out and around your bag to protect it from the elements! Make sure to check out the attached PDF to see Tim from FadeGear showing off just how cool these things are.

Right now there are only 450 available until next April, and I have a feeling these things are going to be selling like hotcakes! $35 is the price tag ($40 shipped). They are all black. Tim showed me a set in person, and they look absolutely phenomenal.

My initial order of them should be coming in tomorrow - let me know if you are interested in a set of straps!

Here's a link so you can see the pdf attached to the original post.

http://foxvalleymetrodiscgolfclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=1443.0

Looks good, how are the straps? Can I get the bag poncho alone and hook it to my Quads?

looks like a PITA. I have some golf umbrella skills and I'm not afraid to use them.

Looks like it could be very useful. But who has Fade copied the design from? Or have they actually designed something theirselves?

Looks like a good design. I imagine Phenix has the elastic "shock" part of their quads patented, that being the reason nobody else has that. This is a good creative solution for Fade to set their straps apart from others'. I don't know of any other rain fly type product out there, other than a garbage bag, and this is definitely a step up from that.

I'd still want to use an umbrella with it though. It looks like if you want to keep your discs dry when your bag is on the ground, you'd have to put your straps in the mud/wet grass. This would work well for keeping runoff from the umbrella out of your bag, though, as well as providing an extra barrier to sideways rain.

I have a pair. The rain flap is sweet. I will post pictures later. It seems really functional to me. But I haven't played in the rain with them yet. But we are going to get Freezing Rain tonight and tomorrow. I may have to try them out.

As for keeping your bag out of the mud, I invested in a $8.99 tripod camping stool. Great for sitting, or setting your bag on. I loved this in the snow today.

Got mine today! pumped to use them!

... not that bad on the comfort scale either!

CRAZY COMFORTABLE.

Like year old Quads but with all the padding still in the right place. The rain flap does not get in the way at all.

I LOVE THESE STRAPS.

(as long as they don't crap out like the old DGA straps

Well if someone knows anyone at Fade suggest they offer the poncho separately so I can just hook to my quads (leave FADE prominently on it). I know I could sell a dozen right now.

Fullbag said:
Looks like it could be very useful. But who has Fade copied the design from? Or have they actually designed something theirselves?

I am not sure how to respond to a comment like this. We design every bag, every feature and test everything ourselves before we release any product. Do we look at competitive product, sure we do. Do competitors look at our products, you bet.

Realistically, there is only so much you can do to design/redesign a bag to carry golf discs. FADE Gear was the first company to release the incredible spectrum of colors (Currently 17). We took some initial criticism, but one only has to look at the competitive product offering today to see how colorful things have become on the course in the last year. We introduced the light-weight concept in our bags in January of 2007 soon to be followed by others. We developed the Disc-Hugger Frame system in our Tourney bags. We offer a 1-Year, no-fault warranty. Do a Google search and see how many competitors promote their warranty.

Now, we have released a new concept in bag suspension, the FADE Gear WeatherGuard System. We designed the system from scratch, but we probably looked at a dozen different designs before we settled on this one. Will they fall apart, we hope not. We have tested/played with them for 6 months and they show no signs of failure. Either way, we guarantee them.

It is natural for people to take occasional potshots at different manufacturers. It is best, however, to have all of the facts straight...and your grammar.

As always, if it isn't fun, then don't do it. Just go play. Seriously!

Fademan

FADEMAN said:
It is natural for people to take occasional potshots at different manufacturers. It is best, however, to have all of the facts straight...and your grammar.

Fademan

No need to be starting no grammar war on the internet. This here is the land of libertarian English, it's the land of the free. No spell checking, simple sentence structure, or basic logic going to happen here, if we don't want to.

I had never seriously considered backpack style straps before... but that poncho system has me thinking about ordering a pair from Fade.

Has anyone hooked them up to a GB Chimp (or Silverback) yet?

FADEMAN said:
Fullbag said:
As always, if it isn't fun, then don't do it. Just go play. Seriously!

P.S. I agree with FadeMan

It's obvious most people that design and build golf bags don't spend a lot of time playing in the rain. A bag with a decent rainfly would make the rain cover on the straps unnecessary. Unfortunately out of all the golf bags I've seen, only Phenix has a truly functional rainfly built into the bag.

These straps are sort of an interesting idea to me, since rain here is unavoidable unless you want to quit golfing for the season. Problem is they don't have elastic shocks and the rain cover itself looks cumbersome and awkward. There are better ways of keeping stuff dry than throwing a glorified garbage bag over the top, but then I never liked the concept applied to backpacks either.