• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fairway Driver Understable

attik34

Birdie Member
Quick...personal favorites on super duper straight to understable fairway drivers...what they are ...why you like it...and what I can expect from its flight :)

The more i research this...the more i wish i hadnt bought the crappy 150g DX leopard taht i did and that i'd just bought like...a mid weight better plastic one...cuz i'd probably love it...lol

Pro leopard all the way. Starts out a little stable with excellent grip, beats in and becomes that sweet straight driver, and ends its career as an understable hyzer flip disc

Eagle L mold(pref. in 11x champ plastic), it's something of the disc gods!

Champ teebird. Dead straight every time. And understable when powered up on up to 400-450

I throw a dx 150g leopard and love it my go to for fairways...just got a champ leopard to try out...have a star but not really a fan of the star plastic got one for trade or sale if your interested

what do you not like about the leopard?

Go to Academy and pick up a JLS in the standard Millenium plastic. It is basically a pro leopard for $8.99. Straight as an arrow but also easy to work when you need to and breaks in to a great anny disc.

The more i research this...the more i wish i hadnt bought the crappy 150g DX leopard taht i did and that i'd just bought like...a mid weight better plastic one...cuz i'd probably love it...lol

I have a 150 Champion Leopard in my for sale thread. Just check out the link in my sig. It is the next step up from a 150 DX. More stable and does not break in fast.

No love for the River so far, but I love my GL River as my straight/understable fairway driver. Hyzer flips to straight, or power up and will flip up and fade gently right.

Lighter side of Rivers, base plastic JLS or possibly Xpress. Leopards never felt right to me.

I throw a dx 150g leopard and love it my go to for fairways...just got a champ leopard to try out...have a star but not really a fan of the star plastic got one for trade or sale if your interested

what do you not like about the leopard?

I just flip it over...I'm sure its something to do with my bad form...but alas...i flip that disc over into the ground 100% of the time...and non of my other discs so I'm going to selflessly blame the disc for now lol....

What is this academy you speak of

It's a sporting goods store we have down here in Texas. I'm not sure where else they are in the country but I've heard quite a few others talk about them. They carry alot of Millenium discs.

I have been throwing a Champ Glow Leopard lately and really like it for a long dead straight toss, maybe with a little tiny bit of flip. I tend to flip my River over too much, but I like it better for a FH shot to get a little more distance. I can also poke a Teebird out there pretty straight, too, but the Leopard is a bit more understable.

Latest posts