• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Faster Teebird?

A PD is more stable than a Teebird; both by the numbers and in flight - it's also faster. Some of these folks have confused 'faster Teebird' for 'broken in PD'. The disc you are wanting is a Sword.

A PD is more stable than a Teebird; both by the numbers and in flight - it's also faster. Some of these folks have confused 'faster Teebird' for 'broken in PD'.

The C-PD is indeed more stable than a TB. I use a P-PD and for me it works like a longer, faster TB. The P seems to have more HSS and the fade is is less hooky. Also, the "P" plastic is much nicer than Innova's "Pro".
Get a 170 P-PD and see how it works for you

Break in a Star Orc or get a P-PD.

Teedevil is supposed to be like a bit straighter Destroyer, doesn't sound Teebird-ish to me. But I'm no expert on either disc.

Yes, a P-PD will break into something along the lines of a Teebird ... eventually. C-PD and S-PD are nowhere in the realm of a Star Teebird in terms of stability - especially when new. More HSS, more LSS, better in wind, generally quite a bit more stable. The only Teebird a PD really compares to is a fresh Champ TB; which will have more stability than it's counterparts in Pro or Star.

The C-PD is indeed more stable than a TB. I use a P-PD and for me it works like a longer, faster TB. The P seems to have more HSS and the fade is is less hooky. Also, the "P" plastic is much nicer than Innova's "Pro".
Get a 170 P-PD and see how it works for you

The Teedevil is less stable out of the box then a Teebird (That is if you have enough arm strength to throw high-speed distance drivers). I haven't used any Discmania, but for me a 169-171 Wraith is pretty similar in flight characteristics.

The Teedevil is less stable out of the box then a Teebird (That is if you have enough arm strength to throw high-speed distance drivers). I haven't used any Discmania, but for me a 169-171 Wraith is pretty similar in flight characteristics.

My Teebird I own is pretty broken in,but still stable.Very easy to control.

Do you think the TeeDevil will have the same stability like my beat in Star Teebird?If so, that would be exactly what I would want.

Discmania SDD worn in some.

Unlike a lot of discs mentioned DD's have no high speed turn...but they do fade fairly hard when new. P would wear in quicker but an SDD broken in is beautiful. Fast, no turn, nice glide and dependable.

The Westside sword really reminded me of a speed 11-12 teebird, straight with a little fade. It was my favorite disc for flicks until I left it laying somewhere after a 2nd shot... now I'm throwing destroyers.

I Believe that my Star Archon has fit the bill perfectly for a faster TeeBird. Its more valkyrie than anything but I use it for all my Long Range shots.

I vote the Starfire. The PD has some High Speed Turn and less fade. The Starfire can be thrown on a rope and fades predictably. I would second the Orc vote but only some seem to fly stable.

the thread should of just stopped at S-PD...

don't listen to ME, he doesn't have the arm to throw a PD so his ideas about it's stability are null and void.

the thread should of just stopped at S-PD...

don't listen to ME, he doesn't have the arm to throw a PD so his ideas about it's stability are null and void.

Maybe I don't have the Arm.

I looked at the PD but didn't like the ratings.It's just seemed like it would be too stable for me.Heck it probably does fly like a Teebird for you,I never said that it didn't.

I've made my decision on what to try.The Local shop has them(I just seen a bunch yesterday) so I'm going to check out the dome and flatness and make sure the rim isn't too wide.

Thanks for all your guys help,even you New013.Now I have a good idea on what to try if the one I want to try doesn't work.

@StarFirebird: I'm going to address a couple of things that I can't believe have not been addressed by Page 4 of this thread:

1.) No, you do not want a TeeDevil for the slot you are trying to fill. I picked up a Star TeeDevil, and it serves as a max distance S-curve driver. Fairly overstable. Wouldn't recommend for shots under 275'

2.) Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but most retailers around here don't sell many brands other than Innova and Discraft. If you feel the need to order a "PD", "Hysteria", or "Sword" online, go for it. IMO, if you're wanting to stick with Innova, I would second the motion for a Champion Viking, or even a Banshee. I also picked up a Titanium Stalker that fits the bill quite nicely for a faster TeeBird.

Just my two cents...

@StarFirebird: I'm going to address a couple of things that I can't believe have not been addressed by Page 4 of this thread:

1.) No, you do not want a TeeDevil for the slot you are trying to fill. I picked up a Star TeeDevil, and it serves as a max distance S-curve driver. Fairly overstable. Wouldn't recommend for shots under 275'

2.) Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but most retailers around here don't sell many brands other than Innova and Discraft. If you feel the need to order a "PD", "Hysteria", or "Sword" online, go for it. IMO, if you're wanting to stick with Innova, I would second the motion for a Champion Viking, or even a Banshee. I also picked up a Titanium Stalker that fits the bill quite nicely for a faster TeeBird.

Just my two cents...

What if I said I wanted to try a Star TeeDevil. :p

I have thrown the Blizzard Teedevil,but it would flip up on me.I "Tweaked" it a bit and made it stable.Flies pretty good(390ft. farthest I threw it),but It's got a mind of it's own.I guess that is Blizzard Plastic to blame.

I wouldn't think the Star Teedevil would be flippy, would it?I would have to believe it would be stable like a Teebird...right?

If I did order one it would be the Hysteria.It just seems to fit the bill for a
Faster Teebird.

I do have a Stalker,in Z plastic.I really like it and can get it a bit further when the Teebird can't reach the Distance I'm wanting.Still though I want something that will cover the farther distance.

I have a Decent Arm,but not a big Arm.

I can get Destroyers out to 400ft to 415ft(Average 375ft),but If I had something that was less overstable and at that same speed I could get it out a bit farther,with better control.

You're probably going to want to smack me,but the disc I was talking about trying was the TeeDevil.

But Hey,If I don't like it I can get one of those Hysteria's.