• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Disc Golf Shoes

i just wear some new balance walking shoes, i have tried throwing in hiking boots and it seems like i was tripping all over myself on the tee

I wear only New Balance shoes, most of the time, but they don't do well when there is dew or water on the ground.

Thats why I think sandals are the best all around! Plus with things like goretex, it keeps the water in just as well as it keeps it out. Not only can you not get water up over the top but if you have a feet sweat problem that will make it just as wet and uncomfortable. Im goin to look pretty nuts playin in the snow with sandals on

Ha I thought about that same thing! I figure ill just find some boots thatll do the trick. We have a sweet outdoors store here that always have good brands on sale

AB-SO-LUTE-LY....
If you enjoy having comfy, cool, dry feet while you play it's worth every penny. I think it can really give you an edge in a round against someone with painful, hot, wet feet, breaks your concentration. I was sooo tired of trying different shoe/sock combinations...I finally just settled on these Merrell Outland Mid-Height boots (for the needed ankle support) and have not looked back. If the snow gets too deep in the winter I'll go to my high top Red Wing boots.

DAOV.jpg

these are exactly what I'm looking for for the upcoming fall/winter season. waterproofing is not important to me at in the spring/summer. I go into the water a lot, especially at my home course.

What I like about my merell moab ventilators is that they dry quick over night. Thats more important to me this time of year. But i def want somehting high and waterprrof for the colder season. I've never worn anything but lowtops so Im not sure how I'd like the hi ones. I assume Id get used to them just fine

I've never worn anything but lowtops so Im not sure how I'd like the hi ones. I assume Id get used to them just fine

I was in the same boat over the winter before picking up a ridiculously low priced pair of Merrell boots (very similar to those)... it took me less than one round to be comfortable with the mid top, and now I never really even notice it when I wear them now.

I wear only New Balance shoes, most of the time, but they don't do well when there is dew or water on the ground.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- for durability, lightweight, GoreTex waterproofing that works, and ability to handle any kind of terrain, it's tough to beat the New Balance 1201s: http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/prod...-958E-DF11-A0C8-002219318F67&mr:referralID=NA

Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore, but some places (like Cabela's, linked above) still have them in stock. I love mine so much that even though they're still in good shape after over a year of wear, when the New Balance web outlet put them on clearance, I bought another pair so that I'll be sure to have another pair if these ever do wear out.

They sneer contemptuously at heavy dew. I've waded into fast-flowing creeks and rivers, stepped into swampy mud, played 5+ hours in driving wind and rain, and otherwise challenged the waterproofing to fail, and the only time my feet have ever been wet in them is when I went too deep and the water came over the tops.

They're also surprisingly light and aren't too hot even in summer months. I hate when my feet are hot, and these have never bothered me. They really don't feel any heavier than a standard trail running shoe.

Two pieces of advice -- they run slightly narrower than other NB shoes, even in the wide widths, so if you can go one width wider than your usual in NB shoes, you should be good. The other is that I removed the stock sock liner and replaced it with a cushioned insole that makes them even more comfortable.

They aren't cheap, even if you find them on clearance, but they've been a great investment for me.

Nike Air Skyraider 2

"In an eco-friendly design, the Nike Air Skyraider Men's Running Shoe comes equipped with superior cushioning for a comfortable ride. Considered Design for product performance and environmental sustainabilityBreathable mesh upper with synthetic overlays for support and fitDual-density midsoleVisible Air-Sole unit in lateral crash pad for a comfortable rideBRS1000 outsole for durability and optimal flexibility"

That is my plan, but in the past Nike sent me a new pair of shoes for the same issue. I have had these less than a year.

Received e-mail today and voucher for a new set of shoes from the keen website. I wear a 1/2 size larger in the 2 pairs of keens I have bought and am wondering if the Milo's also run small. For those of you with the Milo were they accurate on size or small? I normally wear size 11 but need 11.5 in Keens. My other option may be for a pair of mids that are water proof. Keen has earned my business, I get to keep the old shoes which I'll repair and have up to 1 year to get a new pair on their dime. I now highly recommend Keens, if they don't hold up for you they stand behind their product.

after a couple weeks of research I decided on the Keen Targhee II mid waterproof. First paif of Keens Ive had, they fit like a glove from the second I tried em on. I went to REI becuase I didnt feel comfortable dropping that kind of money without trying em on first.

I also tried the Merrell Outland and the OBOZ yellowstone but decided on the Keen targhees.

Wore them today for a round at my home course and it was pouring rain most the time. The grass was soaked but when I got home and took my shoes off my socks were dry. awesome!!

Keen-Targhee-Mid-II-Hiking-Boots.jpg

after a couple weeks of research I decided on the Keen Targhee II mid waterproof. First paif of Keens Ive had, they fit like a glove from the second I tried em on. I went to REI becuase I didnt feel comfortable dropping that kind of money without trying em on first.

I also tried the Merrell Outland and the OBOZ yellowstone but decided on the Keen targhees.

Wore them today for a round at my home course and it was pouring rain most the time. The grass was soaked but when I got home and took my shoes off my socks were dry. awesome!!

Those look nice and warm, but how do they breath , when its dry?

aren't those bad boys heavy??

does anyone have a pair of the "toe shoes"? i really want a pair and think they'd do great for disc golf. anyone have some experience??

10445,xcitefun-toe-shoes-3.jpg

KeenDry is supposed to be comparable to goretex for breathability but I'll have to reserve judgement until I wear them more. I still have my merrell ventilators for the rest of the summer. I got the Keens in preparation for fall/winter. Not sure how much they weigh but they didnt feel any heavier than the other brands I tried on. I'll have a better review later on

does anyone have a pair of the "toe shoes"? i really want a pair and think they'd do great for disc golf. anyone have some experience??

I have a pair of KSOs and they are $$$. Only downsides I see are:
1) Might get stinky if you dont get socks
2) Hard to put on with a broken hand(havent been able to wear them for a week)

I play in FiveFingers. They work pretty well. The KSOs do develop a fair amount of "foot funk" but you can run them through the washer. I've been wearing my KSO Treks with socks, and they don't get so stinky. Plus I like the sole a bit better.

Latest posts