• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite FH Disc???

For me it'd be these:

- Lat 64 GL Flow (for long anny's, or hyzer flips)
- Lat 64 Opto Halo (just recently replaced my Destroyers with these, although I still have some need for the Destroyer every now and again).
- Favorite disc: 150 Z Flick, this thing is just so damn versatile.

Lately I've been working mid-ranges into my FH as well. Normally I backhand anything short range. I'm really digging the Vector and Drone for FH on those shots now.

Also, the Lat 64 River is a lot of fun to throw FH, but I have a hard time finding the right time to use it in most cases.

Distance: Echo Star Destroyers - flex w/ a stable finish
Skip: Star Max
Overstable control: CE & 11x Firebird
Control: 11x Champ Teebird

My favorite FH disc is my Ion. Except for the direction of spin my FH Ion throws look exactly like my BH Ion throws, and it's the only disc in my bag I can say that about...

i really like my champ beast for forehand throws. If i power it down its really flat and straight long with the slightest fade at the end... dont ever really throw it backhand :\

i also like to flex fh my cobra :)

I do a lot of fh touch shots with my wizards. For distance I have terrible form and use fh really sparingly, so I stick to my banshee and firebird to mask my form flaws.

Reading prior answers, I must throw against the grain. Seems about 99% of everyone slings high speed and/or overstable stuff.

Is that by preference or inability to throw understable plastic?

I can't speak for everybody, but here's the reason all my FH discs are stable-to-overstable. If I need a straight shot, I throw backhand. If I need a right-to-left shot, I throw RHBH. If I need a left-to-right shot, I throw RHFH. Simple as that. If there's a RHFH "S" shot, then I can easily bend my XCal to match the fairway. I just don't have a need to throw understable FH.

For distance - Destroyer (Star - 171g & blue)
For Fairway - Banshee on Firebird
For Upshots - Whippet

Reading prior answers, I must throw against the grain. Seems about 99% of everyone slings high speed and/or overstable stuff.

Is that by preference or inability to throw understable plastic?

It's easier to throw FH with an anhyzer release, it's easier to throw BH with a hyzer release. At least for me it is, and I'm assuming thats why more FH users prefer fast and furious discs. My wrist wont bend down properly for FH drives, maybe because I like girls or something.

Anny angle FH with understable = roller only.
Anny angle FH with stable/overstable is a nice " S " flight.

Halos for distance
Any of my mids, fairways or putters can be thrown FH (some with more confidence than others, ie Pain, Spike, Firebird, Striker...) just depends on the line I need to hit.

Latest posts