• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Favorite manufacturer - round 2

Pick a "reasonable number" of favorite manufacturers

• Innova

Votes: 92 59.7%
  • Millennium

Votes: 25 16.2%
  • Discmania

Votes: 39 25.3%
  • Hyzer Bomb

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Infinite Discs

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Discraft

Votes: 70 45.5%
  • DGA

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Dynamic Discs

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Latitude 64

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Westside Discs

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Prodigy

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • Legacy

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Gateway

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • RDG (Reptilian)

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • Kastaplast

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Prodiscus

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • MVP

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Axiom

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Streamline

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Daredevil

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Yikun

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Lightning

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Vibram

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other (I tried not to miss any big ones...)

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
A little cranky today? Go throw some Comets.

My three were Innova, Discraft and Discmania since I bag multiples of each.

So close, I am using Discraft /single DGA mold Proline Titanic, and Innova with a single Lightning disc the #2 upshot in Prostyle for uphill down hill putting that could be replaced with an Innova disc mold, Colt in G-Star, or I get a Soft Pro D Magnet same mold as my current Jawbreaker Magnet's.

Last edited:
That was 2 months ago Casey.

I don't think he cares anyway.

I have a mixed bag and throw a lot of brands. I picked the manufacturers of my favorites. The ones that I can't help but buy backups for:

Innova (Wraith, Destroyer)
Discmania (MD3, FD, FD2)
Kastaplast (Reko, Stal)
DGA (Quake, but for some reason I find myself really liking their stuff that I rarely throw. Go figure)

Upshot Uncle Upshot.

That sums most of them up.

Discraft, DGA, and Gateway are my favs.

It's not that I don't like the others, I just don't carry their discs much if at all.

MVP, Axiom, & Discraft

I got an Electron (base plastic) Volt 18 months ago on a whim and it really clicked. So I got a Volt in a premium plastic and started trying their discs in other slots. Matrix worked better than a Buzzz for me, and while the Entropy was okay, I like the Zone better. Etc. Etc. So I throw a mix of those companies, a Michigan bag I believe they call it.

Daredevil and Discraft

There are so many different discs that daredevil makes with such a limited lineup... Discs that for one reason or another gave me a lot of insight into my own game. The woodchuck was indispensable for me in 2019 but I've outgrown my need for it. The walrus is a solid approach disc with great "brakes". The timberwolf is like a teebird, but that just feels better in my hand. The ogopogo is truly unique and a fresh mammoth turns like an undertaker but fades like a predator. Their lineup is slim but full of fun curiosities.

Discraft, though...Discraft is the company that enabled my dive down the disc rabbit hole. When I first approached manufacturers about helping to get some stuff for urban kids to try a new sport, Discraft is the company back in 2016 who went out of their way to accommodate us. From the steeply discounted custom discs and club pricing to ace races, Discraft has left a really positive impression on me and so I have tested out more Discraft molds than any other brand.

Inspired by a previous thread: Favorite manufacturer

So, 3-4 years later, what manufacturer would you pick? The previous thread was knocked for having too few options. I added lots (but obviously missed some) but this time I'm allowing for votes on multiple brands.

For the sake of making the results interesting, try to limit your choices to your favorites. E.g. my bag and entire stash are basically 85% Discraft and Innova, so I'm voting just those two, despite loving some MVP, Gateway (yeah, Wizards should probably get their own category), Legacy, and DGA.

But if you're a "Trilogy" thrower, or "MVP/Axiom/streamline," or "Innova/Millennium/Hyzer Bomb," at least this gives you some options.

MVP / Axiom are the same thing. I don't agree that they can be seperated. Half my bag is MVP, the other half Axiom cause I need both. I think it's stupid MVP calls them different things.

MVP / Axiom are the same thing. I don't agree that they can be seperated. Half my bag is MVP, the other half Axiom cause I need both. I think it's stupid MVP calls them different things.

Maybe like Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura? Same thing in Japan. Yeah, I don't really know the difference between MVP and Axiom other than that I can get cooler rim colors on an Envy than on an Ion.

Last edited:
I bag Innova, Discraft, DGA, Axiom, and Streamline. I have more molds from Streamline in my bag than the other brands.

I thought about what discs I 'must' have in my bag if I play a small bag and voted based on that. That would be my Legacy Clutch (putter), Axiom Envy (putt/approach), DGA Rift (midrange), Innova Sidewinder and Dynamic Discs Escape (drivers).

I just voted based on what's currently in my bag:
Innova (7): Aviar, KC Aviar, Roc3, TL3, Firebird, Vulcan, Daedalus
Discraft (2): Stratus, Zone
Prodigy (1): F5
Latitude 64 (1): Ruby

Whereas I throw MVP and have no Axiom. I think it's a very good thing MVP separates the ugly discs from the regular line. :p

Whereas I throw MVP and have no Axiom. I think it's a very good thing MVP separates the ugly discs from the regular line. :p

I throw an all gyro bag, save for one disc. I actually prefer the color schemes of the Axiom line. To me, my bright blue/blaze orange rimmed wrath stands out pretty much anywhere I can try to lose it. It's a lot easier to find than my wave, which is the same color blue flight plate, but with the black rim.

MVP makes cosmic. You've already lost the ugly disc argument. :p

Crave and Envy are crucial to my game.

Latest posts