• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite premium plastic blend

I like ESP and Star the best....But I must admit I was really impressed with Fuzion. I had a Fuzion Witness and it felt amazing! I lost it in some tall grass, but I'm probably going to buy another one in the spring. For me it had the perfect combo of grip, durability, and gumminess. I might try out more from trilogy(DD) just because the Fuzion is so good.

With all the quality discs/plastics out nowadays it would be faster to list the worst. Which in my opinion is Gateways' Evolution, Discrafts' Titanium and Innovas' Champion. One is too waxy for me and the other two are too damn slippery and/or hard. If I had to pick a winner for "best" I'd have to go with Trilogy's premiums: Pick one. They're all good. Honorable mentions: Legacy Icon, Prodigy 400(S or G), Prodiscus Premium, Innova's Jolly Launcher(?), Discraft's ESP... it's just a very good time to be a disc golfer right now.

Favorites for me are Innova's Star and Champion, as well as Discrafts Crystal/Crystal FLX. The Blowfly plastic (Special Blend?) Is also awesome! Lat64s Zero Soft is growing on me though.

With all the quality discs/plastics out nowadays it would be faster to list the worst. Which in my opinion is Gateways' Evolution, Discrafts' Titanium and Innovas' Champion. One is too waxy for me and the other two are too damn slippery and/or hard. If I had to pick a winner for "best" I'd have to go with Trilogy's premiums: Pick one. They're all good. Honorable mentions: Legacy Icon, Prodigy 400(S or G), Prodiscus Premium, Innova's Jolly Launcher(?), Discraft's ESP... it's just a very good time to be a disc golfer right now.

Jolly Launcher is Innova's current blend of Champion.

I'm really liking Innova's Jolly Launcher blend. It just might be invincible!

Other than that, I'll give Discraft's Crystal plastic a nod for honorable mention. While Crystal Buzzes are great, they're expensive and getting harder to find!

Legend plastic for dayyyyyysssssssssss. Also Jolly Launcher is amazing and just keeps getting better as it ages. Also Special Blend/ Champy Star/ Opaque Champion is just fantastic.

Moonshine - I would feel like an ass shouting "Moon Tiara Action!" when I drive from the tee otherwise.

After that, Fuzion > Star > Crystal Z > Opto > G* > Stiff Pro > BT Medium

I've never thrown or touched prodigy plastic but I hear it's the shizzle.

Imo jolly launcher isn't good until it's aged on the shelf and dried out for a while. :) it definitely gets better with age.

My favorite all time driver is a champion Sidewinder which I've had for years but the gstar version has been very good to me since last Sept.

I used to be head over heels with Star plastic but when the new improved version came out, G-Star, I was ga ga over the feel. And it has a bit more grippy feel too. Just love my G-Star Wraith and TeeBird3. Grip and let rip!!!

Legacy Icon, for sure.
It's just as viable in the middle of summer as it is at this week's temps.

Every Winter, that FLX BUZZZ reminds me how I luvs to throw it.

Latest posts